This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for gamercalledandy
gamercalledandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamercalledandy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Would you like to see future AFL Video Games on the Playstation 3 and if so please tell me what you would like to see in it.
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

Sorry but what is AFL?

Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Blaiyze1
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Sorry but what is AFL?

BrettB7400
Guess there aint many australians in here.... Australian football league. I'm not a big fan after the swans won in 07' i got interested but not enuf 2 buy a game of it. N e ways there aint many ps3's in oz and to buy an afl game aswell... i doubt it. Im in dire need of a cricket game!!! Even NRL coz englands got abit of a fan base 4 that.
Pethybridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pethybridge
I would like to see EA have a crack at AFL for ps3, might note be a broad enough market for them, IR Gurus did the last version thati have played and that was a disaster, although i do concede it is a very hard game to make.
MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts
Isnt that leauge in fifa 08?....
Pethybridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pethybridge
The AFL is a completly different sport to Soccer
NitRaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NitRaTe
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
I would like to see Port Powa in the league just cause I support them.
Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts
I would rather see a real NFL game on the PS3.
Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blaiyze1

I would like to see EA have a crack at AFL for ps3, might note be a broad enough market for them, IR Gurus did the last version thati have played and that was a disaster, although i do concede it is a very hard game to make.Pethybridge

WHY WAS THIS RESSURECTED!!?!?!... but i'll still contribute.

Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blaiyze1

I would rather see a real NFL game on the PS3.Marked_Man

.... its AFL not NFL.

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts

[QUOTE="Marked_Man"]I would rather see a real NFL game on the PS3.Blaiyze1

.... its AFL not NFL.

But I was talking about NFL.I guess you didn't get the pucnhline?

benz1980i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 benz1980i
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

Rugby League would be a better choice. They sold bucket loads of the PS2 and XBOX. They could release it on PSP too

gamercalledandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamercalledandy

Yeah but only Sydney and Queensland support Rugby League a lot where as the other states support AFL

gamercalledandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamercalledandy

Yeah but only New South Wales and Queensland support Rugby League a lot where as the other states support AFL

Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blaiyze1
[QUOTE="Blaiyze1"]

[QUOTE="Marked_Man"]I would rather see a real NFL game on the PS3.Marked_Man

.... its AFL not NFL.

But I was talking about NFL.I guess you didn't get the pucnhline?

Lol. O_o i really didnt get that then.

Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blaiyze1

Yeah but only New South Wales and Queensland support Rugby League a lot where as the other states support AFL

gamercalledandy

True... but i would also like a nice NRL game... even better a cricket game... theres been nothing since brian lara cricket...

panda_fu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 panda_fu
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
I don't care what's in it,I just want one to come out!
Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts

Rugby League would be a better choice. They sold bucket loads of the PS2 and XBOX. They could release it on PSP too

benz1980i
What about rugby union that will actually sell around the world not just australia.
Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

I would like to see EA have a crack at AFL for ps3, might note be a broad enough market for them, IR Gurus did the last version thati have played and that was a disaster, although i do concede it is a very hard game to make.Pethybridge

AFL is to hard a sport to simulate in a game i think. the entire 360degree thing, coupled with the pace, makes it just too hard. Im an afl fan, but i dont think anyone should have another crack at making an afl game, i certainly wouldn't buy it.

mr_wat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mr_wat
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

yo dude just made an account for this topic

:D

so i've been thinking should we have afl video games for ps3?

I think YES! but i would also want them to sign a contract with EA sports if they make it :)

and they should put back cricket and nrl

because NRL and cricket is like international

and can't forget Union..

how could i forget about union? :S

well i think they should put union because its more international then the others above :)

hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

RUGBY LEAGUE, UNION AND GAELIC ARE IN THE WORKS BY EA.

or so wikipedia says...

YES a AFL Game is in the works, i was looking at the companies website for got it though but damn its coming

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

Sorry but what is AFL?

Blaiyze1
Guess there aint many australians in here.... Australian football league. I'm not a big fan after the swans won in 07' i got interested but not enuf 2 buy a game of it. N e ways there aint many ps3's in oz and to buy an afl game aswell... i doubt it. Im in dire need of a cricket game!!! Even NRL coz englands got abit of a fan base 4 that.

The swans didnt win in 07 they won in 05. Eagles won in 06 and geelong in 07.
Triple888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Triple888
I would support the game a buy a copy, don't have huge expectation like you would see from EA sport in NFL and FIFA games. They have huge budget and years to developed their game. A game needs to start somewhere.. the last AFL versions are sub-standard and its a small market unlike soccer and then they stopped making it.. we need to keep a AFL game going.. I like NFL because I started playing Madden and learned about the game, an AFL video game could promote the game overseas. just my 2 cents
jaec23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jaec23
Hey guys im a fanatic of AFL footy so heres what i think needs to be done firstly I love the detail of little things in sports games whether it be a player kicking on his prefered leg is a big detail. they got that so wrong in previous games. ground detail making the grounds look more realistic along with fans. more hype with the afl grandfinal building it up more. create your own team more structure with the afl draft, even including a new player mode where you start as a 17 year old kid and complete draft camp activities. training sessions that are realistic like kicking to a lead. i think there needs to be 3 types of kicks - drop kick, the normal pass to a lead - a spearing chest kick low and direct for quick gameplay - the screwie or torpedo i say those 3 because its boring with the ball going so high in the air for a contested mark, we all know afl now is all about the chip kicks to yur teammate uncontested. OHHHH Id love to have a more detailed brownlow count that would be cool and please please please include ths if a player kicks 100 goals for the season the whole crowd runs on the field , that would be cool. please get back to me on my ideas as i can offer more. i just love footy and want to contribute.
Gilden_jns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gilden_jns
Well u obviously are from sydney...don't have a clue...the Sydney Swans won the flag in 2005 against the west coast eagles and lost to them the following year. While Aussie rules is not an international game, the grand final is telecast in 72 countries. It has a following of established clubs across the globe including the US, some of which participated in an international championship in Melbourne last year ('08) that included Canada and PNG won it. It is the biggest domestic game in Australia, not that anyone in NSW would believe it, and holds the highest domestic club membership figures of any other sport. More people attend single games of AFL than whole rounds of NRL. The last effort of an AFL game was terrible, not only the game play but the variation between individual players was non-existant, u could match a 170cm tall player on a 200cm player and out mark him, it was bad!!!! Though I do have high hopes for this new game! BTW, I currently live in NSW and have never lived in Victoria, in case that was ur assumption!
Gilden_jns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gilden_jns
That last post was suppose to be a reply to Blaiyze1 on page 1! Oops!
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I am sorry but I am next in line to get a video game.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
[QUOTE="Gilden_jns"]Well u obviously are from sydney...don't have a clue...the Sydney Swans won the flag in 2005 against the west coast eagles and lost to them the following year. While Aussie rules is not an international game, the grand final is telecast in 72 countries. It has a following of established clubs across the globe including the US, some of which participated in an international championship in Melbourne last year ('08) that included Canada and PNG won it. It is the biggest domestic game in Australia, not that anyone in NSW would believe it, and holds the highest domestic club membership figures of any other sport. More people attend single games of AFL than whole rounds of NRL. The last effort of an AFL game was terrible, not only the game play but the variation between individual players was non-existant, u could match a 170cm tall player on a 200cm player and out mark him, it was bad!!!! Though I do have high hopes for this new game! BTW, I currently live in NSW and have never lived in Victoria, in case that was ur assumption!

Wow you really are anti Sydney and anti NSW aren't you.
Avatar image for Ian_loves_denis
Ian_loves_denis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ian_loves_denis
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Been waiting so long for another AFL games cant wait to play it cant wait till march