AC 3 setting? ASIA to me? (SPOILER FREE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

I haven't finished AC2 or no where near, but the only logical place to go is Asia, because Assassins are origins from Arabic (Muslim) going to the cursade, then slowly to Europe and into Asia again heavily, though the Assassins history is spread out, Ubisoft is taking the smart and safe bet, it will mostly likely be set somewhere in Asia post AC 2, 1500's-1700's just before the American Revolutionary war for the possible 4th game, as the dev's themselves have stated, they want to take the player to locations they've never seen, and American would probably be last. Asia throughout that time had massive cities and AC setting like area's to jump and much tie in for ficition work.

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
No, but if they did it would be cool if there was ninjas with throwing stars.
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

I think they'll stick with Christian/Western periods, but it'd be cool.

Karnya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Karnya
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts

could work, but where do templars fit in in asia? a samurai vs ninja thing would be cool but wouldnt fit the game.its a long time off anyway lol

pela_yo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pela_yo
Member since 2009 • 365 Posts

I don't think Desmond is a descendant of asian people :?

Karaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Karaam
Member since 2005 • 678 Posts
the best setting for a third would be in the Sherlock Holmes era. that would be cool to have him as a helping hand.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

pela_yo
It Would not be have to be him, and I'm saddened that everyone assumes its china or japan... I hope everyone understands Arabic people are the ones who created assassins to fight the Crusade. It's as simple as generations of blood passed down moved on TO AND BACK TO ASIA. Desmond can easily be interchanged. They've said Desmond is of relative to the Assassins not the time. Altair at best is Muslim, middle eastern, Asian.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
It will probably be Paris or London but if you watch "The Truth", it looks like Mt Fuji in the background to me.
thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
I think AC would be really cool with Ninjas. They make everything better. I would like to see them get away from Desmond though, so we have an excuse to play as a Shinobi. :) All due respect to Altair and Ezio, but we all know female assassins are the best assassins.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Umm well idk bout anyone else but from my playthrough of AC2 it seems pretty logical that the next game's main character will be Desmond and his quest for what was said at the end(trying to be as vague as i can).
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
Umm well idk bout anyone else but from my playthrough of AC2 it seems pretty logical that the next game's main character will be Desmond and his quest for what was said at the end(trying to be as vague as i can).FF6fan
Exactly. It ony makes sense that the next game puts Desmond under the white hood. Keep playing people... you'll see what we mean. AC2 has one of the coolest and least expected endings I've experienced in SO long. However, if they do have to put you back in the animus then some Ninja on Samurai action would be awesome!
NeveorNafelian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 NeveorNafelian
Member since 2009 • 1706 Posts
I thinking it would be set as Desmond since *SPOILERS* Desmond is training to be an assassin using the bleeding effect *SPOILERS END* And they could try playing off the whole 'The World is Gonna' End in 2012' thing since Desmond's world is set in 2012. They could try saying that the modern day templars found the peace of eden and thats what could end the world, just an idea.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#13 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
[QUOTE="pela_yo"]

SiKh22
It Would not be have to be him, and I'm saddened that everyone assumes its china or japan...

Indeed, I'll be hoping for Philippines.
GooMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 GooMaster
Member since 2009 • 296 Posts
Oh man i wish i could play a game FINALLY as a muslim that would be Great! Please Ubisoft Please! lol
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
[QUOTE="pela_yo"]Altair at best is Muslim, middle eastern, Asian. SiKh22
Dude, have you heard his voice? :roll: And it would have to be Desmond. Ubisoft said the trilogy is about Desmond. He will be going back into the Animus, but will be spending a lot of time in the real world, fighting real guys.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Propably Paris!!!
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

I would love to see my homecountry Philippines as one of the setting :)

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

jmdude
Climbing up palm trees dressed up with white assasin robes......:lol: Sorry i couldnt resist, this is the first thing that came to my mind when i try to picture it!!!
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

I dont get where everyone is getting proof that it will be in the sherlock holmes time period. if by going on AC2, I would think either french revolution or imperial asia. But who knows =)

It would be hard for them i reckon, to incorporate guns into thier gameplay. Arrows are okay, since they at least have a reason why they hesitate to shoot you trying to aim, and miss alot.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
What about the Portuguese in Japan? Or all the other European countries that colonized the far East.
infamous13579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 infamous13579
Member since 2009 • 4850 Posts

asia or spanish

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
i'd prefer a medieval martian ambiance... :)
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts
[QUOTE="jmdude"]

dakan45
Climbing up palm trees dressed up with white assasin robes......:lol: Sorry i couldnt resist, this is the first thing that came to my mind when i try to picture it!!!

that would be awesome! :lol:
altairs_mentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 altairs_mentor
Member since 2009 • 696 Posts

how will it go with the story though?

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
AC3 should take place in 2012, seeing as how Desmond got all the skills he needed from AC2 to become an Assassin.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I think it'll be Modern Day with Desmond using his skills to kill Alan Rikkin. I wouldn't want to do Asia again.

pela_yo

You realize that Assassin's Creed's Animus portion was in Asia, right?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Do it in Florida! That would be awesome.

I'd be pretty upset if they set it in Japan. Would turn me off from the game actually.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Do it in Florida! That would be awesome.

I'd be pretty upset if they set it in Japan. Would turn me off from the game actually.

Yeah, I'd love to go to Disney World and take out Goofey and Donald for annoying the crap out of me during Kingdom Hearts games.
pela_yo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pela_yo

[QUOTE="pela_yo"]

SiKh22

It Would not be have to be him, and I'm saddened that everyone assumes its china or japan... I hope everyone understands Arabic people are the ones who created assassins to fight the Crusade. It's as simple as generations of blood passed down moved on TO AND BACK TO ASIA. Desmond can easily be interchanged. They've said Desmond is of relative to the Assassins not the time. Altair at best is Muslim, middle eastern, Asian.

Preeeettty sure the trilogy is about Desmond, also it seems preeeeetttty obvious that the next game is playing as Desmond the whole time. He was being trained to be an assassin to take out the templars, thats why he used the animus... if you see the ending it also explains why would theoritically it would be playing as Desmond. I'm not saying its a bad ides I'd love it for a spin off though

Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Abecale

[QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="pela_yo"]

pela_yo

Preeeettty sure the trilogy is about Desmond, also it seems preeeeetttty obvious that the next game is playing as Desmond the whole time. He was being trained to be an assassin to take out the templars, thats why he used the animus... if you see the ending it also explains why would theoritically it would be playing as Desmond. I'm not saying its a bad ides I'd love it for a spin off though

I dont have the best memory but im pretty sure they took the animus with them at the end of the game, and wouldnt be much of a AC game without going back into the past as an ancestor

pela_yo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pela_yo

[QUOTE="pela_yo"]

[QUOTE="SiKh22"] It Would not be have to be him, and I'm saddened that everyone assumes its china or japan... I hope everyone understands Arabic people are the ones who created assassins to fight the Crusade. It's as simple as generations of blood passed down moved on TO AND BACK TO ASIA. Desmond can easily be interchanged. They've said Desmond is of relative to the Assassins not the time. Altair at best is Muslim, middle eastern, Asian. Abecale

I dont have the best memory but im pretty sure they took the animus with them at the end of the game, and wouldnt be much of a AC game without going back into the past as an ancestor

Hmm i wouldn't leave such an expensive piece of equipment so abstergo can just take it... Also it may be used in the future to teach others the assassin's way really quick, it proved to be succesful with Desmond.

Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Abecale

There is only a handful of people that have a bloodline of assassins. The rest, like the guy doing all the tech stuff and the girl that made the Animus 2.0 in AC2, just kind of fell into working with the assassin rebel group.

Thats why the templars were so happy to capture and find desmond, his bloodline goes back as early as the holy crusade, with Altair, and continues on.

Im pretty sure though that it will be more focused on the modern 2012 story for sure. I just dont really know what direction they are going to go though :P. But i doubt we seen the last of Desmonds other ancestors. Maybe that 'bleeding effect' will become more prominent during AC3, or more of those dream sequences when he dreamt about his ancestor, but wasnt in the animus. Which was strange because he saw something that even the animus had'nt shown him yet.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

didn't they say that subject 16 was of oriental descent? I wouldn't mind this side story in another game in addition to Desmond's finale in AC3.

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts
[QUOTE="Rhen_Var"][QUOTE="SiKh22"][QUOTE="pela_yo"]

It Would not be have to be him, and I'm saddened that everyone assumes its china or japan...

Indeed, I'll be hoping for Philippines.

Nice, I'm filipino.
uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
It would have to be a large urban setting, seeing as that's a major theme of the game is being "just another face in a large crowd" and there aren't any large old urban settings to speak of in America during the Revolution (save for some spots in Central and South America, but I don't think Ubisoft would use it).
akasha_ishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 akasha_ishtar
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts

Personally I see it as seams it's going be a trilogy I think that it should be mainly set in 2012 showing how Desmond and the rest of the Assassin's take down Abstergo once and for all, if there is gonna be anything in the Animus they should tie up anything that have not been covered with Altair and Ezio, ya can bet there will be heaps, it would be rather pointless to have a new character brought in if they were gonna keep it as just 3 games, would make it harder to tie things up.