A Rubbish game for the Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Men's Room Mayhem is part of this week's Drop for the Vita.

bathroom5.jpg

I've been following it for a few weeks now, and while I'll give the game some serious points for idea originality, I'll have to deduct a few for poor taste.  In the game, you manage a men's bathroom and attempt to keep it clean and tidy, while directing its patrons around to urinals, toilets, sinks and everything else that a bathroom could possibly have.

bathroom2y.jpg

The group responsible for Men's Room Mayhem is Sawfly Studios.  My understanding is that some of the people in the development team formerly worked on Super Stardust HD and WipEout.  This seems like quite a drastic change in direction for them.

bathroom1w.jpg

Okay, so let's look at the positives here for a second...  Could be a fun, simple downloadable title.  Maybe even a funny one.  But I can't imagine people won't be embarassed playing Men's Room Mayhem, and I can't imagine how awkward it would be to explain the title of this game to someone who is unfamiliar with it.  "Is there a war going on in the bathroom?" "Is this a game that a straight guy would be comfortable with playing?"  The answers seem to be no and yes, fortunately.

bathroom3.jpg

You get bonus points for leaving space between two customers at the urinals, and making the customers wash their hands - stuff like that.  But so far those are two of the few examples I've been given.  And I can't think of too many more off the top of my head.  A lot of similarities have been drawn between this game and air-traffic controller sims, and that is pretty accurate.  One person said they played a Flash game like this 10 years ago in a browser.  Sadly, that also sounds accurate.

bathroom4.jpg

My biggest concern about Men's Room Mayhem, is what this says about the state of the Vita.  The system is struggling, it needs good games and needs more supportive fans.  A lot of people are calling the Vita a piece of crap.  And now the Vita is getting a game about crap.  I honestly think that this one small downloadable bathroom sim could only stand to worsen the already-poor image of the Vita.  Furthermore, this is a simple simulation game - the Vita has been getting a lot of simplistic games lately, and it's getting really hard to justify the existance of the Vita when it is getting a lot of app-style games.

That said, if the game is free or if there is a demo, I might try it out.  I probably won't like it and it will probably get boring fast, since games like this tend to be lame.  But Men's Room Mayhem is a game, and it is a Vita game, and crap or not the Vita needs games.  And maybe I will even play it in the bathroom, for the 'full experience'.  There you go, chances are you already own a bathroom, so you own the biggest piece of video-game enhancing hardware to date!

Thoughts, feelings, concerns?  Err...  "Let it out."

~ Ovirew

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

That looks pretty cool.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I thought this was going to be about Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Game with Ps+ is like $1.30 or something ? pretty cheap, cheaper then most PsMobile Games seems worth it i guess.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Looks like a fun game to playing  to pass the time.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I almost bought this game a few days ago, good thing I didn't. Really since I wasted $10 on Dragon Fantasy, it bored me to death.

People say that the Vita is not doing so good. But for me, I think it is doing just fine for now. I had a PSP and loved it, but I never put 80+ hours into any of the games like I have on some of the Vita's (P4 and Soul Sacrifice). It might be because of the addition of trophies, since I like them:P but I never found it to be a chore

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#7 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I bought the game and I'd say you get what you pay for.  The problem is, it just gets boring.

levisxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 levisxy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
i think so,I thought this was going to be about Uncharted: Golden Abyss.thanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

what is with all the golden abyss bashin'?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ovirew

The game feels more like a Vita tech demo than an actual Uncharted game, atleast from what I've played of it. It couldn't hold my interest for more than a few hours at best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]

Bigboi500

The game feels more like a Vita tech demo than an actual Uncharted game, atleast from what I've played of it. It couldn't hold my interest for more than a few hours at best.

Okay, but I hardly see how that makes it more rubbish than this game is.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]

Ovirew

I thought they were making a pun on the shoe-horned features of GA to make the Vita's peripheral hardware tech seem cool.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]

Ovirew

The thread title makes it easy to bash any game people don't like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

[QUOTE="Ovirew"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]The game feels more like a Vita tech demo than an actual Uncharted game, atleast from what I've played of it. It couldn't hold my interest for more than a few hours at best.

Bigboi500

The thread title makes it easy to bash any game people don't like.

*uses Tobias Funke voice

Well excuuuuuuse me for making a thread title with a little bit of 'pizazz' to it.

I thought the men's room deserved a little bit of pampering!

Oh no, I've gone and blue myself!

*bows*

lol? :D

johnaom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 johnaom
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

this is garbage