Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
i love JRPGs and in am currently in the middle of Kingdom hearts 1 and i find it fairly alright, i mean i just finished halloween town, and i think the battle system and character development is alright, but is the second one any better because as soon as i finish 1 i'll be poppin in 2!
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
The 2nd one is a disappointment in my opinion. I'm one of the few people out there willing to admit that. There is absolutely no challenge in the sequel. All you have to do is button mash the living hell out of the attack buttons, and you win battles easily. No need for summons, no need for magic, no need for dodging. Just plain and simple button mashing. Thats why the first one is better in my opinion.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
yeah i was told that 2 on advanced is like normal for 1
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Doesn't seem that way to me. And the boss fights to me aren't as fun either. But hell I'm the minority here. I'm probably going to be quoted for being a noob or some bull. Not like I'm going to care though.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
KH 2
_Ben99_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Ben99_
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

I'm currently playing KH 2 and It's cool I love it. Maybe because I never played kH 1 so there is no a chance for comparison .

But If you love KH 1 you'll love the second one especially if you become a fan of KH

LizLansdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LizLansdown
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

That's a tough one...there were a few tweaks in 2 that made is easier to play...the camera for one. Although the battle system was a let down, I also found that I was button mashing more that I did in 1. At least the first made it a point of uding magic and stuff everyonce in a while as 2 it felt that you could almost do without it or never get the chance to actually cast anything anyway due to the speed of the enemies so you button mashed in response.

The storyline also got a little confusing unless you have played Chain Of Memories on the GBA or read the Manga. The introduction of Namine and Roxas otherwise is a little sudden. It looks better though and some of the worlds are better realised and the novelty of the Lion King world was awsome.

There was something missing from 2 though that I couldn't quite put my finger on, the magic of 1 seemed to have lessoned somewhat and I remember more of 1 than I do of 2...which is telling as I played 1 back in 2005 and only finished 2 earlier on this year.

thetruth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 thetruth7
Member since 2007 • 2436 Posts
To me KH2 was better.
Avatar image for barney_calhoun_
barney_calhoun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 barney_calhoun_
Member since 2006 • 3887 Posts

Re:chains of memories

Loved the battle system

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Storywise: KH1. Gotta love Roxas and Axel though

Gameplay wise: KH2. Maybe easier but there was more action than in the first one.

Special mention to Roxas... what other character has ever made you think he sux but in the end you actually like him??

Ravurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ravurn
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
KH 2 i find is better just more things to do and look cooler doing it, i think it took more of a serious tone in the 2nd one and you can see they added more Japanese craziness in it especially near the end :D
Selrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Selrath
Member since 2005 • 3333 Posts
Lol.. Am I the only one that thinks KH1 was easier? Playing normal difficulty on KH2 and I'm getting owned..
I'm totally stuck at the map and boss below.
[spoiler] Halloween Town, that living cage with the kids.. I swear I just can't do it.. One melee attack from it and I lose more than 50% of my health so in the end when he does all these random attacks I'm downed because I can only hold like 4 potions or something... [/spoiler]
Ravurn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ravurn
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

I think in your case you just need to go grind some lvls that usually sorts any problem you have in the game

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts

I also think KH was easier than KH2 in some aspects. KH2 had a lot of button mashing but the bosses were cheap as hell - I had a hard time with one of the last nobodies - the guy that disappears and will reappear. I was at like level 45. The problem with KH was the camera.

KH2 is a big disappointment - the characterssucked and the story waslikemost jrpgsin that it was over dramatic but nothing made sense. I played a bit of Chains of Memories and still dreaded KH2.

HEATXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HEATXZ
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
Kingdom Hearts 2 is better
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#16 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
I'll give you 4 reasons why you should not buy that stupid Kingdom Hearts 2. 1. It's baby easy, it is recommended that one plays this trash on Proud Mode due to how much the difficulty has toned down. The game only has one special optional boss and it is a walk in the park. As you play KH, you will discover optional bosses that are actually pretty tough. You'll hardly die in KH2, I guarantee it. 2. There is a point in KH2 where you have to go through these awful musical numbers with Ariel and the cast of The Little Mermaid. These segments require a little button pressing on time to the music. I've said this before but Haley Joel Osment can't sing a note in tune. You'll cringe at these stupid musical numbers and there are about 5 of them in the entire game. 3. The game has a severe case of deja vu. You'll visit poorly remodeled places from the first game and fight bosses you fought in the first game but with crappier, easier versions of them. 4. Worlds in general are smaller than what the first game offered.
TRahe0027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TRahe0027
Member since 2003 • 102 Posts
Kingdom hearts 1 is great but I still think Kingdom hearts 2 is better.
Dante-of-Sound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dante-of-Sound
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Well KH2 was a little to easy cause the battle aganist some of the old bosses became super easy in this one and i think they could cut the Little Mermaid this time that place was kinda boring
Wae416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Wae416
Member since 2007 • 803 Posts

The 2nd one is a disappointment in my opinion. I'm one of the few people out there willing to admit that. There is absolutely no challenge in the sequel. All you have to do is button mash the living hell out of the attack buttons, and you win battles easily. No need for summons, no need for magic, no need for dodging. Just plain and simple button mashing. Thats why the first one is better in my opinion. CommanderShiro

Hey, I agree with you. Though, personally, I liked Chain of Memories the best. Personal opinon.

KailSilvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 KailSilvers
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts

KH1, I say is better than KH2. BUT, when it comes down to it some people will say KH2. KH2 does improve on a lot of things including graphics and game-play, but once a long time, indepth fan like me finishes is they really don't get the feeling they did when they beat KH1. KH1 ending made you excited, sad, happy, angry. And the previews, trailers, extras after made you hooked into waiting for the next game.

When I got KH2, I hated the 3-6 hour tut. xD But soon got out of it after that I got disappointed and at the same time excited for a few things. What I hated was the-most of the Worlds felt rushed or to easy, I remember when I did the Jungle for the first time in KH1 it took me a few hour, first world in KH2-less than 1hour, even when revisited it doesn't take that long. I was very disappointed when it came to the gummi ship, there was not point in making your own or customizing it and the whole "flight" was basically boring. Also, at some points in the story I bet you guys were like WTF and didn't under stand a thing or two. I did enjoy the new battle system with the forms and such, BUT I only ever used a summon 3 times the whole game.(2 of the times where accident.) The battles felt to easy. The one thing I loved the most that I still replay to this day is the battle with the 1000? Heartless xD I love trying to kill every one of them. Too bad I could use my forms of gain any xp though...

Even though KH2 looks and feels superior or just as good as KH1. Look back on when (if)you played and beat KH1. Does it make you feel the same. I love KH2, but if I had to compare the two KH1 will be my favorite. it will be one of those games that I played that made me feel something special.

Quick Edit: Hands down CoM is awesome if you have some free time and cash pick it up!It clears A lot of loose ends up in KH2.I still can't beat you-know-who at the end with Riku. xDD

Avatar image for williamjuly2004
williamjuly2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 williamjuly2004
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts
Kingdom Hearts is better the 2 mainly because its much harder than KH2 and I can't put my finger on it but it lost some of its magic. Also I like how the enemies respawned when u left a area unlike KH2 where u had to leave the planet to get enemies to respawn.