Which Final Fantasy had the most memorable villain? (Poll Inside!!!)

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I'd have to say either Seymour Guado or Sephiroth. Seymour just because he was so damn persistent and didn't know when to just give up. And Sephiroth just becuase he's such a badass.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
Sephiroth...everyone, even people who have never played a FF game, let alone FVII know who Sephiroth is
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I thought Seymour was awesome, Sepiroth was cool too, but I just really dug Seymour.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

I'd have to say either Seymour Guado or Sephiroth. Seymour just because he was so damn persistent and didn't know when to just give up. And Sephiroth just becuase he's such a badass.

KH-mixerX

Seymour was a **** compared to Sephiroth. Kuja is my 2nd favorite villain.

ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts

Sephiroth

Sephiroth is the most developed character ever. even main characters are not as deep as Sephiroth 

stubby_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stubby_01
Member since 2005 • 2731 Posts
Sephiroth, definitely. He goes deeper then the usual generic video game villians
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
It was a tough choice for me between Kefka and Sephi... I voted Sephi.
kitano2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 kitano2
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

Sephirot ;)

blueness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blueness
Member since 2002 • 1838 Posts
Sephiroth, hands down.  Even people who haven't played the game know who he is.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
Yeah I agree with most people. Sephiroth was amazing.
strangestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 strangestguy
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
I really liked the dirge of cerberus villains ... i suppose its part of ff7 namely the crimsom, the cerulean, and the main villains brother, they had some freakingly hot personalities. FF 12 villians where really cool too, they weren't  all about strenght but more of the brainish politics type which rocks imo similarly fftactics villains where the same type and i loved it.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
Sin was more memorable than Seymour was.
Darth_kriza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Darth_kriza
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts

I agree when the name Sephiroth is evoked, evil and hate comes to mind... But if there's a villain that can match him I'd say Kefka.

For those unfamiliar with the name, Kefka is a flamboyantly-dressed, nihilistic, brutal sociopath. Though at the time of SNES villains were huge monsters or powerful beings who would always go for broke with you, Kefka relied on deceit and manipulation to achieve his goals. You'd never really fight him, (such a coward) that when you did, he'd leave it to his soldiers or illusions and run.

While Sephiroth burned a city to the ground in his evil awakening, Kefka poisoned an entire city just because he got bored.

Kefka was insane and would often make sardonic jokes, making him "The Joker" of all video-game villains...

But in the end Sephiroth takes the crown. He had so much hate he could've swallowed the world in it.

SkarFace7331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 SkarFace7331
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts
I think all, even casual, gamers know that sephirot is the greatest villain in all games. It was said that in some chart...
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts
I'll have to say Sephiroth, but what about Braska's Final Aeon, Jecht, in FF10? He was pretty bad a$$.
madmann05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 madmann05
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts
  I thought this was a silly poll, you know before even reading it that everyone was gunna say Sephiroth. Someone said that Sin was a better bad guy than Seymor, but Sin isnt a villian, its the general name for the monsters you fight throughout the game, like Gnosis in Xenosaga. My top villians are Kuja first, cuz he's strong and still knew how to look pretty while tearing it up. Then Seymor, with his spikey blue hair and girly voice. Lastly, Bahamut, even though he is a summon creature he was bad in FF9 when Kuja had him attack Alexandria, and he is by far the most fantabulous summon there is throughout the franchise, BOW!
zixarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 zixarga
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Vayne Solidor didn't get any vote.... LOL

I voted for Sephiroth, he is probably the most evil and coolest villain in Final Fantasy.

Even in Kingdom Hearts games, he is still sooo hard to beat.  

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts
I voted FFVII but it wasn't Sephiroth that was most memorable for me it was Jenova Birth, Life & Death
Robot_Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Robot_Vampire
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
FF VII just due to the fact that it had Sephiroth. Every one knows who he is and the way his character developed throughout the game was just pure genius!
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
Ah, you youngin's and your Sephiroth. He was one of the most non-sensical villains ever in a Final Fantasy. Not a single villain across all game genres can hold a candle to Kefka. Kefka defines villainy.
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Velric

I thought this was a silly poll, you know before even reading it that everyone was gunna say Sephiroth. Someone said that Sin was a better bad guy than Seymor, but Sin isnt a villian, its the general name for the monsters you fight throughout the game, like Gnosis in Xenosaga. My top villians are Kuja first, cuz he's strong and still knew how to look pretty while tearing it up. Then Seymor, with his spikey blue hair and girly voice. Lastly, Bahamut, even though he is a summon creature he was bad in FF9 when Kuja had him attack Alexandria, and he is by far the most fantabulous summon there is throughout the franchise, BOW!madmann05

No, Sin is not the name for monsters throughout the game. Sin is the massive beast that you see in the beginning and fight near the end. 

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Velric

FF VII just due to the fact that it had Sephiroth. Every one knows who he is and the way his character developed throughout the game was just pure genius!Robot_Vampire

Since when did his character develop? He was pretty much a static character and had an incredibly baselss and "out there" motive for his actions. 

ovadose85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ovadose85
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts
i'd say kefka hands down .
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KH-mixerX
You guys are crazy!!! Seymour is way more insane and crazy then Sephiroth ever even thought of being. Let me explain. Sephiroth just wanted to take over the world. WHOOP DEE FREAKIN' DOO. What main villain doesn't want to do that? Now Seymour on the other hand, he was true psychopath. He wanted to become Sin, kill everyone in Spira, and by doing this, he thought it was an act of compassion on his part. Now anyone who thinks this way is seriously messed up.
ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ali_kerem

You guys are crazy!!! Seymour is way more insane and crazy then Sephiroth ever even thought of being. Let me explain. Sephiroth just wanted to take over the world. WHOOP DEE FREAKIN' DOO. What main villain doesn't want to do that? Now Seymour on the other hand, he was true psychopath. He wanted to become Sin, kill everyone in Spira, and by doing this, he thought it was an act of compassion on his part. Now anyone who thinks this way is seriously messed up.KH-mixerX

you should do some research about Sephiroth's background

forget about that, just play FF7 again. for people think that Sephiroth is baseless, i think you should play FF7 again and carefully. 

Sephiroth was a top ranking SOLDIER officer, the most powerful and skilled fighter there ever was, many people admired him. but in his last investigating mission at nibelheim, he discovers the truth about himself and JENOVA. and it goes on (its not this short ofcourse), Sephiroth becomes the villain of the game and the whole plot of the game is based on this. Sephiroth kills people in terms of cleaning the gaia ( the world ), for his own goal and doesnt care anything else.

also Sephiroth name has meaning itself, picked up by square very wisely. there are 10 Sephiroth (plural: Sephirah) symbolised in the Tree of Life according to Kabbalah teachings. Each Sephiroth represents a path of ideas, attributes and concepts that one must realise and understand within oneself. Once that is done a person will have reached divine perfection.

Sephiroth is the best character in gaming history. he is the most developed and the deepest character cant be compared to even main characters. and this topic asks the most memorable villain; Sephiroth is the most memorable character and he is villain. some of my friends didnt play any FF game, but they know Sephiroth very well, because Sephiroth exceeded to stay in FF7 only.

and Seymour was just your cliche avengeful kid. his past was painful for him and made him want to avenge his pain, thats most used theme for bad guys, "painful childhood". he was just a freak and was not even main enemy in the game. you played the game to stop sin, not to stop Seymour, he was a pebble on the road of Sin. he was not even strong. also you said "he wanted to become Sin, kill everyone in Spira", so whats the difference between this and Sephiroth's cleaning the world from people. also Sephiroth's aim was not just that, he wanted to revive JENOVA and wanted to go to another planets to use their life source until he builds better world in another planet he finds suitable. deciding whole galaxy's fate on his own, he was psycho enough i think.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KH-mixerX

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]You guys are crazy!!! Seymour is way more insane and crazy then Sephiroth ever even thought of being. Let me explain. Sephiroth just wanted to take over the world. WHOOP DEE FREAKIN' DOO. What main villain doesn't want to do that? Now Seymour on the other hand, he was true psychopath. He wanted to become Sin, kill everyone in Spira, and by doing this, he thought it was an act of compassion on his part. Now anyone who thinks this way is seriously messed up.ali_kerem

forget about that, just play FF7 again. for people think that Sephiroth is baseless, i think you should play FF7 again and carefully. 

Sephiroth was a top ranking SOLDIER officer, the most powerful and skilled fighter there ever was, many people admired him. but in his last investigating mission at nibelheim, he discovers the truth about himself and JENOVA. and it goes on (its not this short ofcourse), Sephiroth becomes the villain of the game and the whole plot of the game is based on this. Sephiroth kills people in terms of cleaning the gaia ( the world ), for his own goal and doesnt care anything else.

also Sephiroth name has meaning itself, picked up by square very wisely. there are 10 Sephiroth (plural: Sephirah) symbolised in the Tree of Life according to Kabbalah teachings. Each Sephiroth represents a path of ideas, attributes and concepts that one must realise and understand within oneself. Once that is done a person will have reached divine perfection.

Sephiroth is the best character in gaming history. he is the most developed and the deepest character cant be compared to even main characters. and this topic asks the most memorable villain; Sephiroth is the most memorable character and he is villain. some of my friends didnt play any FF game, but they know Sephiroth very well, because Sephiroth exceeded to stay in FF7 only.

and Seymour was just your cliche avengeful kid. his past was painful for him and made him want to avenge his pain, thats most used theme for bad guys, "painful childhood". he was just a freak and was not even main enemy in the game. you played the game to stop sin, not to stop Seymour, he was a pebble on the road of Sin. he was not even strong. also you said "he wanted to become Sin, kill everyone in Spira", so whats the difference between this and Sephiroth's cleaning the world from people. also Sephiroth's aim was not just that, he wanted to revive JENOVA and wanted to go to another planets to use their life source until he builds better world in another planet he finds suitable. deciding whole galaxy's fate on his own, he was psycho enough i think.

I didn't say he wasn't a deep character. It's just the way he went about his business after he became evil is very common in most video game villains. I like to call them cookie cutter villains (because in a cookie cutter, each cutout is exactly the same). Don't get me wrong, Sephiroth is still a very elaborant character. His past is very complicated. It's just I'm tired of the whole "I'm gonna destroy the world to rid it of impurities, then, i'll make a new perfect world in it's place." Yeah yeah, just do it already and save us the pain of hearing you monologue forever.

And come on now, Seymour killed his own father!!! I don't think Sephiroth could top that.

P.S.-Sephiroth died too easily also. It took not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 TIMES to take Seymour down!!!

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#27 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
[QUOTE="ali_kerem"]

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]You guys are crazy!!! Seymour is way more insane and crazy then Sephiroth ever even thought of being. Let me explain. Sephiroth just wanted to take over the world. WHOOP DEE FREAKIN' DOO. What main villain doesn't want to do that? Now Seymour on the other hand, he was true psychopath. He wanted to become Sin, kill everyone in Spira, and by doing this, he thought it was an act of compassion on his part. Now anyone who thinks this way is seriously messed up.KH-mixerX

I didn't say he wasn't a deep character. It's just the way he went about his business after he became evil is very common in most video game villains. I like to call them cookie cutter villains (because in a cookie cutter, each cutout is exactly the same). Don't get me wrong, Sephiroth is still a very elaborant character. His past is very complicated. It's just I'm tired of the whole "I'm gonna destroy the world to rid it of impurities, then, i'll make a new perfect world in it's place." Yeah yeah, just do it already and save us the pain of hearing you monologue forever.

And come on now, Seymour killed his own father!!! I don't think Sephiroth could top that.

P.S.-Sephiroth died too easily also. It took not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 TIMES to take Seymour down!!!

Play Skies of Arcadia, I think Ramirez the final boss had similiar motives as Seymour. And you do fight Ramriez more than once. You fight him once where he kicks your ass, and then you fight him again....3 times in a row.

ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ali_kerem

killing the person you love most is not something new and to kill parent is not harder than that, i dont know it just doesnt impress me. maybe i saw it in many animes so its like natural now. really, there are many examples of problematic kid stories.

also yea it looked like Sephiroth made same sentences over and over again but it was only 2 cutscenes i think. at first he just set fire on shinra mansion and left without saying anything. then revealed his theory when he took JENOVA. then he appeared to kill Aeris but just teased Cloud and i think 1 more but i dont remember it now. other than that he was a mistery in the whole game.only main characters used it while explaining situation so it was flashback, not Sephiroth appeared and repeated himself, we didnt even see him.

and you ask the most memorable villain, the only villain character carved in my memories is Sephiroth, i partly forget others. and now i just checked the net and i remembered we fought seymour more than once now.before this search i was only remembering the last battle which he had wheels, which is easy if Lulu is strong and with holy magic, and Lulu was one of my favorite characters in FFX, because i like magicians.

about battles, well, difficulty is the same for FF games, they are all easy, they are beaten in the end, i dont say Sephiroth was hard, all of them were easy. but Sephiroth battle was long, because you were fighting with him more than once, not like other bosses appearing after a while in storyline and to be defeated by a no-muscle buster sword wielder was really annoying. look at Gutts, look at Cloud. its really annoying that Cloud can wield a buster sword with stick like arms. also to be like chicken-headed is another annoying part of him, though i admit they made a cool char in FF7: AC movie. Sephiroth is beaten because the good guys always win. you say Sephiroth is the best SOLDIER ever, then you make him lose to 7 guys only. it was annoying.

to be honest, while i was playing FFX i was thinking Seymour was good character too, but now when i think of it, he was not something special. in FF7, whole story is based on Sephiroth. so anyone who played FF7, will remember Sephiroth to remember the game. thats why he becomes the most memorable villain for majority i think.

you ask people's ideas so you should not be disappointed when they choose something different. this is not for arguments, for sharing thoughts. i say Sephiroth you say Seymour. you remember Seymour most, i and some others remember Sephiroth most. so poll decides the result, but it wont change anything for anyone, you still will remember Seymour as the most, some will say Kefka etc.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KH-mixerX

I wasn't disappointed about others opinions, I was just stating what I thought about everyone elses choices. I do agree with you that the last Seymour fight was really easy. If they would have made him harder than his third incanation, Seymour Flux, then it would have been a serious battle!!! And I didn't say that Sephiroth repeated himself alot, just that he is just your average villain trying to take over the world for his own twisted self. By no means though is he shallow. He is still extremely cool and very deep. He comes in at a very close second behind Seymour for me.

P.S.-Try to use a little grammar and better sentence structuring when typing a post. Not trying to insult you, just a little suggestion.:)

P-r-e-y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 P-r-e-y
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
Sephiroth would BLINK all other villains out of existence. Result: Sephiroth Is the most memorable villain in gaming history.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KH-mixerX

Sephiroth would BLINK all other villains out of existence. Result: Sephiroth Is the most memorable villain in gaming history.P-r-e-y

Too bad Seymour would just come back.:D

sammy_m20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sammy_m20
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
Sephiroth
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Sephiroth
Avatar image for garter_windwood
garter_windwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 garter_windwood
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

obviously its Sephiroth...I mean he's been ranked in top 10 most memorable/ hardest bosses by many game reviews...7 isn't even my favorite of the series but Sephiroth will always be the ultimate villan to me.  That and he got respawned into later square enix games which just adds to the point that he's extremely bad ass.

AdolChristin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 AdolChristin
Member since 2005 • 975 Posts
Figured as much Sephiroth would be the favourite.  Yeah I voted for him too because I think he's kind of cool, but then again, I don't mind Kefka or Seymour either. Seymour's rather fun playing against.     
666rain999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 666rain999
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Seymour is more memorable because he is a morbid thinker, and believes when you die, your really alive. He also killed his own father, and almost all of the Ronso tribe,and his bride (Yuna), and he tried to destroy all of spira.. Even his mother (Anima) wanted him dead.

Yevon is also another memorable Villian, cause without him their wouldnt be aeons, or a storyline. But seymour could of been enough, he sure was quite the Hitler

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

SPOILER....

Many here are talking about how Sephi burned the village and what not.  But for me, he was the most memorable because he killed Aeris right in front of us while we played... powerless, forced to watch this happen.  I think Sephi was one of the very few characters that actually brought emotion out of me and actually made me hate him, I wanted to kill him!  Anywho, that's my take on Sephi.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Sephiroth, no doubt. He is THE PERFECT blend of coolness and badness. 8)
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i voted for kefka, cuz really, name any other FF villain that set out to destoy the world and actually accomplished it? Besides he's the biggest psychopath in any of the series.... FF needs more insane people, insane people make the world enjoyable.

getsmelifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 getsmelifted
Member since 2006 • 467 Posts
Kuja. A bit of a sad villain. I loved the fmv where he went crazy. Memorable stuff
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
well... i go with the most remembered Sephirot, but........ i prefer much more FFX.