PS2 stopped reading memory card... Help!

japanboy52091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 japanboy52091
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I have had my PS2 for about 4-5 years along with the memory card. Just recently my PS2 stopped reading my memory card. It won't even show up in the browser menu. I have cleaned the contacts and taken it apart to see if any parts fell off. I even tried it in my bros slim PS2 and it didn't work, which leads me to believe it's the memory card. Anyone know what happened to it?

GoldenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GoldenSurfer
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts

I have had my PS2 for about 4-5 years along with the memory card. Just recently my PS2 stopped reading my memory card. It won't even show up in the browser menu. I have cleaned the contacts and taken it apart to see if any parts fell off. I even tried it in my bros slim PS2 and it didn't work, which leads me to believe it's the memory card. Anyone know what happened to it?

japanboy52091

Is it a official Sony card or a 3rd party card (which tend to be problematic)? Was the console shut off while saving to the card or the memory card had been removed during saving recently?

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I guess it broke?
japanboy52091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 japanboy52091
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="japanboy52091"]

GoldenSurfer

Is it a official Sony card or a 3rd party card (which tend to be problematic)? Was the console shut off while saving to the card or the memory card had been removed during saving recently?

Its an official Playstation memory card. I don't think it was taken out while saving, unless my youngest bro did it. I usually keep it out of my PS2 because my bros. sometimes erase save data.

mynameisshmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mynameisshmoe
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts

Sounds like your bros need a whoopin...;)

rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
Maybe it was dropped and damaged ?
DoubleT1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7 DoubleT1991
Member since 2005 • 10639 Posts

Sounds broke so you probably outta get a new one.

Cypher_VR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cypher_VR
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
i bought my first memory card for PS2 (official) when it came out and up to last year was fine until i had problems, so if you can still access your memory card i suggest you move your saves (the ones that can, damn you timesplitters) to another memory card or IF you have action replay, you can move them to a USB flash drive and store your saves to PC for safe keeping
alch3mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 alch3mist
Member since 2006 • 1162 Posts
must have gotten damage during black out at your house that what happen to my ps1 memory cards