XyberZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XyberZX
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I've recently bought oni:dawn of dreams..and i think it sucks ass..but is number 3 any different?..like is the action more fast paced?...cos from what i see from the box it says that the game was made from a different engine
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
3 is nice...it's like onimusha 2. I agree 4 sucks.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Out of all 4, I liked 2 the best. 3 was okay, but that future and past thing was kinda blah. And 4 just sucked.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
I have oni 1,2 and 4 I think they all sucked hard, totally braindead enemies. and the PC only has a small handful of atacks, in the end i found myself just smapping the same combo over and over and beating the game with easy.

part 4 was the worsed in this respect, if ya equiped that chicke with a grenade gun you could STUN any normal sized foe to death, even that ninja foe got stunned to death from start to finish.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I liked all 4.

Onimusha - good, hard (water trap puzzle), original.

Onimusha 2 - trading items, nice character personality, Gogandantes rocks (one of my favorite villain of all time)!

Onimusha 3 - Samanosouke is back, past and future, the actor character is cool (forgot his name).

Onimusha 4 - many playable characters (each has a unique skill), creating items/weapons, nice story.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about the whole Oni series is the time travel on 3... ruined the story if you ask me.
Senor_T_Dub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Senor_T_Dub
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
I can't believe you think Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams sucks, I thought it was fantastic. If you don't like 4, you won't like number three either. I would say you should just pass on the franchise and go with something you may like more.
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
I DON'T recommend Onimusha 2. Its ending is totally lame and its characters have nothing to do with the first Onimusha. Stick with 1 and 3. 8)
dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts
if you didn't like Onimusha: Dawn of dreams and you like a more fast paced then dont play the other 3 they suck bigtime Onimusha 4 is the best .
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

I've recently bought oni:dawn of dreams..and i think it sucks ass..but is number 3 any different?..like is the action more fast paced?...cos from what i see from the box it says that the game was made from a different engineXyberZX

Hmm... Are you playing it without using Issens or something? I found Dawn of Dreams to be the best, most well-developed game in the series. The varieties of characters, weapons, and challanges are great. The story is actually pretty interesting, as is the setting (especially if you are interested in feudal Japan). It really sounds like you haven't given it a chance yet.

The next best Onimusha game would be the second one. It featured the unique Gift Giving system, which had the ability to impact what characters you play as and what weapons you had at your disposal. It was also nice because you weren't running around as Takeshi Kaneshiro. I like the guy, but not in video games--I'd rather see him in movies. There is also a nice set of weapons to use. The third best game is number 3. Having Jean Reno in the game was like giving another level-up to the weirdness factor. Again, great in movies but stay out of my games! The weapons were interesting and there were some nice mechanics at play, but it definitely isn't the best Onimusha. As for it being a different engine? I have no clue where you are reading that. 3 and 4 don't use pre-rendered backgrounds, where the first and second games do. I also wish they had come up with something different for the story. At times it feels like they used time travel as just an excuse to get Reno into the game.

My least favorite with all of the Onimusha games is the very first one. It was great when it came out, but when compared to what the series became, it's nothing special. There wasn't anything especially hard with the game, it was just frustrating. The combat wasn't as smooth. You were pretty limited on your weapon usage. I don't recommend this game to anyone unless they are really interested in getting started with the story of Onimusha. I mean really interested, so much so that I can't even talk them out of it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14804 Posts
I thought Dawn of Dreams was awesome, my second fav right after Onimusha 2.
mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

I liked all 4.

Onimusha - good, hard (water trap puzzle), original.

Onimusha 2 - trading items, nice character personality, Gogandantes rocks (one of my favorite villain of all time)!

Onimusha 3 - Samanosouke is back, past and future, the actor character is cool (forgot his name).

Onimusha 4 - many playable characters (each has a unique skill), creating items/weapons, nice story.

skp_16

I am Gogandantess, the greatest swordsman of the demons! Haha Ya he rocks. In Onimusha 4 they had a guy like him. I liked all of them, I like 4 the best though.

XyberZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XyberZX
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
so 1,2,3 all have slow paced combat?...
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
so 1,2,3 all have slow paced combat?...XyberZX

Exactly the same.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
hey i think its all the greatest, LOL no complains here coz i love em all only for 1 and 2 cat use analog stick for movement and the best is 4 coz aot of caracters
juan99692k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juan99692k6
Member since 2006 • 483 Posts

I got all 4 of them. i wish the characters could jump though. and also I would love to play a PS3 version of the series. that will kick ass

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I got all 4 of them. i wish the characters could jump though. and also I would love to play a PS3 version of the series. that will kick ass

juan99692k6

I agree. There are a lot of games were you can't jump. Jumping is important especially in sword weaponed games.

htmn213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 htmn213
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
I have Onimusha 2 and 3... And I liked them both but I would say Onimusha 2 was more fun especially because the story was better.
k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 k_ozz
Member since 2007 • 1088 Posts
Oni:dawn of dreams su**s.. Oni 3:demon seige is just awesome..And also u get to play as JEAN RENO the STAR..:) which is fantastic..The story and the action is way better than oni:dawn..
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

3 is nice...it's like onimusha 2. I agree 4 sucks.BFKZ

Totally Agree