Manhunt 2 has been given an AO rating!!!!

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

http://gamespot.com/news/6172743.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

This is bad for R*

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

http://gamespot.com/news/6172743.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

This is bad for R*

x-2tha-z

Now I really want this game just to see if it really is an AO game or not.

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
Rockstar do not want that, but lets face it, the game fits AO to a tee, it glorifies violence much more than any other game before it ever had. It is a possibility they will cancel this game completely, I doubt they spent much on something like this anyway. What is more likely is they will be forced to tone down the game somewhat, though I have no clue how. The more games I see from Rockstar, the more I realise they are the garbage of the videogaming world, and that is only my opinion.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I think R* will cancel it too. It's a new division of Rockstar, Rockstar London,that made Manhunt 2. Their first game gets banned in the UK, Ireland and Australia and an AO rating in America. More bans will probably follow in other parts of Europe.

Bet R* didn't see that one coming.

Mstrdegta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Mstrdegta
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts

okay, i hate this. enough is enough! i have always wanted to be able to voice my opinion to like a congress or somewhere that it could make a difference. parents are the ones who are responsible for crap like this. it is their fault that kids are getting games like this, and once they actually see the game, they get all mad and make a public whining over it. i myself have been a fan of mortal kombat since it debuted in 1992, and my parents made sure that i understood it was just a game and that i could always turn it off if i was disturbed by it (i was 10 at the time).this is the reason that the ESRB ratings system came to be. an M-rating is the highest rating a game can get while still allowing everyone to experience it. and if parents were responsible enough to know what their younger kids are playing, this wouldn't be a problem. i shouldn't have to worry about games i want being censored or even banned completely because parents are idiots. and these stupid groups that sit there and cry about it piss me off.

and as far as the Wii version, Nintendo said before the system came out that they realize they got heat for Gamecube being too much of a "kiddie" system, and wanted to target more of a mature audience also. so as long as parents know what their kids are playing and are informed about the games, this wouldn't be a problem, and other gamers wouldn't have to suffer.

keep this good stuff coming Rockstar, Take-Two, Midway. you have the best games and they get their ratings for a reason

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts
It's cause of the Wii version. Rockstar completely utilized it to kill people in the game (awesome) if you have read the article you'd know that.
Avatar image for Blade_of_Athens
Blade_of_Athens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Blade_of_Athens
Member since 2007 • 486 Posts

I agree, this just what i wanted to type in. I just think Midway sucks, cause they did such a poor effort on MK Armageddon, a game i have anticipated since it was announced, since i am a big fan of "Deception".

IMO they should just cancel the Wii version, it will bring down they hate, or maybe I am just a Sony fanboy :-)

aots_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 aots_twilight
Member since 2004 • 1402 Posts
This didnt come as a surprise... Well... not that it affects me in any way though
super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts
I hope the game gets cancelled as well. Rockstars best game (bully) showed that they are better when they reign in the violence and ambiance. Manhunt has always been a game that they make just for the shock value of it, but its not actually all that shocking, just tired and immature.
powerframe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 powerframe8
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts

Rockstar cancel a game?

As in not make money? Please.

Theyll "tone down" the violence and release it as a M game.

Because I highly doubt they'll pull another AO game out of their ass and make nothing.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 CSXLoser
Member since 2005 • 1621 Posts

okay, i hate this. enough is enough! i have always wanted to be able to voice my opinion to like a congress or somewhere that it could make a difference. parents are the ones who are responsible for crap like this. it is their fault that kids are getting games like this, and once they actually see the game, they get all mad and make a public whining over it. i myself have been a fan of mortal kombat since it debuted in 1992, and my parents made sure that i understood it was just a game and that i could always turn it off if i was disturbed by it (i was 10 at the time).this is the reason that the ESRB ratings system came to be. an M-rating is the highest rating a game can get while still allowing everyone to experience it. and if parents were responsible enough to know what their younger kids are playing, this wouldn't be a problem. i shouldn't have to worry about games i want being censored or even banned completely because parents are idiots. and these stupid groups that sit there and cry about it piss me off.

and as far as the Wii version, Nintendo said before the system came out that they realize they got heat for Gamecube being too much of a "kiddie" system, and wanted to target more of a mature audience also. so as long as parents know what their kids are playing and are informed about the games, this wouldn't be a problem, and other gamers wouldn't have to suffer.

keep this good stuff coming Rockstar, Take-Two, Midway. you have the best games and they get their ratings for a reason

Mstrdegta
i agree with you 100% (and im only 14) now go up to jack thompson's face and say that to him!
Mstrdegta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mstrdegta
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
trust me i would say that directly to his face if ever given the chance
ne0cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ne0cloud
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

i agree too, to me it just doesn't make any sense because there's as much, or even more, violence on tv and in movies, among the other stuff, i mean hell, that one episode of 24 they showed the guy getting tortured

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
LOL, This game is gonna be great hehe
JoaoPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JoaoPR
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

This is horrible.

I'm affraid this is only the start, and now this will start to happen more and more. Should we expect GTAIV to be tunned-down on violence as a form of R* avoiding the story repeating? The people who are working on the game should be allowed to use thir creativity to the maximum and not be counterfeited by politics, any work of art will resent if the creator is not tottally free to do what he thinks is best.

And if GTAIV does receive an AO rating? Will Sony mantain it's "No AO games on our systems" policy??? GTAIV will sure be a boast for PS3 hardware sales... I don't know, this all sounds very scary for the industry.

fepepinar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fepepinar
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
It shouldn't be toned down. =/ Or maybe it should, but also make it possible to buy the AO version. Because I'd hate playing a game like Manhunt 2 (I WILL buy it) knowing it's not what the makers wanted it to be, and come on, the game is all about its violence. >_>
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
IMO, it should be rated M. This game is going to be great on the WII.