Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

no word on uk

ESRB rating assignment clears the way for October 2007 North American release

New York, NY - August 24, 2007 - Rockstar Games today announced it will release Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and the WiiTM home video game system from Nintendo in North America on October 31, 2007. This announcement follows the submission of a modified version of Manhunt 2 to the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB), who has now rated the title "M" for Mature for ages 17 and older.

In June, Take-Two was compelled to suspend the release of the horror title when the ESRB issued an AO (Adults Only) rating.

"Manhunt 2 is important to us, and we're glad it can finally be appreciated as a gaming experience," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. "We love the horror genre. Manhunt 2 is a powerful piece of interactive story telling that is a unique video game experience. We think horror fans will love it."

"Manhunt 2 is an extraordinary game, and we eagerly anticipate its release in North America," added Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two.

Manhunt 2 is the debut title from the newly formed Rockstar London studio, which is developing the game in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North. Early previews of Manhunt 2 have consistently praised the game's original design and creative use of narrative, tone, and atmosphere to evoke an experience many consider unmatched in video games. The Wii version is being developed by Rockstar Toronto.

Video games rated Mature are for consumers ages 17 and older and are not intended for children. Along with the Mature rating, the ESRB also assigned the following content descriptors to Manhunt 2: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content and Use of Drugs."

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=261582

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Holy crap, did this just happen? That's good... even though I personally would never play a game like this. How much did they have to edit it?
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Uh... neat-O. Rockstar Games has managed another "Hot Coffee"... now that they've whipped politicians into a froth and moms are ready to picket stores in the name of decency, they've finally gotten enough free press to ensure that a garbage-thin, boring game sells a few hundred thousand units. Great, make sure you go add to the numbers.

It's an age-old ploy, and one that Rob Zombie used most recently with "Devil's Rejects" and the Film Ratings Board... Make a film (or in this case, a game) that is absolutely NEVER going to get approved, make it as offensive as possible, and then hand it over. You're sure to tick someone off, and then you get a group after you, and then you get a whole mess of reactionary energy spilling over... either that, or you get the thing through the ratings folks and then into the consumer realm, where it is bound to make a secondary splash and get SOMEONE up in arms, and then the advertising wagon really gets going, for and against, all the while selling hand-over-fist so that folks can experience the sensationalism for themselves and see what all the bally-hoo is about.

I can't believe anyone falls for that sort of Medicine Show tactic anymore.

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Cool
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wavebrid

Holy crap, did this just happen? That's good... even though I personally would never play a game like this. How much did they have to edit it?Funkyhamster

too me it just seems too quick, i think there wasnt much they did... than again time will tell

gryphyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gryphyth
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
Phew!! Nice to hear, finally. U sorta sensed it was inevitable. Hope they didn't have modify it too severely. Yeh Manhunt was a pretty straightforward stealth'em up, but it was dripping of atmosphere, dark humour and was genuinely fun to play for those with a pair and no corny hang ups. I applaud Rockstar for offering adult orientated games, heres hoping for a speedy or simultaneous AU release.
phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 phoenyx9
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

Good news!

I enjoyed the first one, been waiting for Manhunt 2 to finally get the ok.

SlapBoxYaMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SlapBoxYaMom
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts
Boy, oh boy. Now all they need to do is edit out the blood and it'll get a nice clean family-friendly T rating! Huzzah!
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

now this is great news, but i havent played the first game yet coz its kinda hard to find.:(

aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

Holy crap, did this just happen? That's good... even though I personally would never play a game like this. How much did they have to edit it?Funkyhamster

same thought that i had, they must cut a lot of extremely violent scenes to make a Adult Only game to a Mature game. heck if devil may cry 3 is rated M, then rockstar must have cut like the best parts of the whole game. quite sad, but its better than nothing right?

Avatar image for deactivated-60156c31f349f
deactivated-60156c31f349f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60156c31f349f
Member since 2005 • 2836 Posts
Hmm I wonder how much they edited it to get the M rating..
jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#12 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts
If there's good improvement over the first game, I'll check it out.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wavebrid

If there's good improvement over the first game, I'll check it out.jekyll

time will tell. i want to play the first one but my system wont allow me :evil:

aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

[QUOTE="jekyll"]If there's good improvement over the first game, I'll check it out.wavebrid

time will tell. i want to play the first one but my system wont allow me :evil:

by system do u mean ur ps2? cuz thats really messed up. ur console has a parental restriction thingy?

or system as in 18+

G3XOI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 G3XOI
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
I haven't played It on PS2 but I have it on PC and I played it the other day! Great fun! :D
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Wonder how different from the original AO rated version it will be...