Is FFX the best game that was released in the last generation?

FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts

I truly think so. Last generation had all kinds of miraculous games, some just coming out recently. However, I just can't think of any games that had quite the same effect as that game. Few games in the history of my gaming career have done that, one of them (conveniently enough) Final Fantasy VII. In my book, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was a perfect game, or as close to as a game can get, but it just didn't affect me the same way as FFVII and FFX.

Anyways, I'm starting to vigorously wander off-topic. So does anyone else think FFX was the best and most memorable game released in the last-gen era of consoles. No flaming please :).

Don't think I'm saying it was the only great game, I have a huge list of incredible games from last-gen. I just thought I'd make a topic like this, because GameFAQS had a poll the other day about "Game of the Century" so far. Being the new Wii-paradise that it has become, I thought people might cheat it out for Super Mario Galaxy or something, but luckily FFX still had a huge majority over other games.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
FFX to me was just...meh.
it's a great game, but i wouldn't call it "game of the century" or anything like that. likewise with FFVII. i just don't see the hype about that game. I had two copies of it and sold em both on ebay for $200 lol. best $200 i've ever made.
anyway, the best playstation 2 game i've played so far has been God of War.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
I think he's talking about the best FF game, or maybe not. For me FFVII is the best game ever. FFX is in the top 10 though, so don't worry. It always depends on peoples' opinion and interests in games. You like what you like and just because it may be the best game to you, doesn't mean that it's the best to others.
vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 vicsrealms
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

If you consider the last 4 games, then yes it is the best of the latest generation. Still, it is in one of my top ten games that I have played because of its story and characters

blizzardmist88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 blizzardmist88
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts
As a RPG fan final fantasy x was my favorite game last generation. Best overall? To me maybe but their are so many ppl that don't perfer rpgs to call it the best
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
not a chance unless you only played few games which were worse than FFX
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
No way.
Yuri_Tribal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Yuri_Tribal
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
In my opinion i preferred FFXII. don't get me wrong FFX was great i completed it many times but they where better games.
rynmls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 rynmls
Member since 2004 • 760 Posts
well FF7, 8 and 9, chrono cross, metal gear solid 1 and 2, Ico, Prince of Persia, Devil may cry 1, that's it for now...
Avatar image for addictedtochaos
addictedtochaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 addictedtochaos
Member since 2004 • 1142 Posts
If it isn't the best it is very close.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I hated FFX...not a good game at all
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
No way! GTA SA was the best game of the previous gen! GTA 4 will be the best of the current gen.
bal_fost87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bal_fost87
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Naw. I say it's Okami. Masterful development, lotsa eye candy and powerful storyline. What more can you ask for?
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
That is just wrong on so many levels >_>. FFX, best game of the last generation? Don't make me laugh.
Enmiand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 Enmiand
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

Best games? No, not at all. I have already said my toughts about FF X, so I won't repeat myself. All I'll say its FF XII has, in my opinion, the best graphics for the PS2 and the most innovative and risky battle system of all Final Fantasies, so I would have to go for that game, altough its characters sucked pretty badly (except for Balthier) and the storyline was as boring as the ones seen in Star Wars 1, 2 and 3.

Best RPG's ever: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and FF VII. That's it.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
I couldn't agree more. FFX was the first RPG I ever played and is what hooked me to the genre. I can't put into words how much I love this game. I feel such an emotional connection to it. No other game makes me feel like that. I don't think it will ever be topped. The music, the characters, the settings, everything was flawless. My description doesn't do it justice by a long shot though. Anyways, it is the best game ever made and always will be, at least in my book.
ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChrisJ2004
Member since 2003 • 2818 Posts
To me, there were too many great RPGs to call FFX the best. All of the Shin Megami's are much better, IMO. I haven't played "vs. the soulless army" yet. Also, the Shadow Hearts series is better than FFX/X-2.
llCODEMANll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 llCODEMANll
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts
I think FFX was the closest the ps2 came to perfection, that and GoW, and of course Metal Gear
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
FFX is one of the best RPG. But best game in the last generation? There are too many good games to cpmpete with. Let's say is in the top 10 best games in the last generation, that's for sure.
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
I didn't mean last generation as best ever. I meant out of PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube.
KratosKratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KratosKratos
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts
To me, there were too many great RPGs to call FFX the best. All of the Shin Megami's are much better, IMO. I haven't played "vs. the soulless army" yet. Also, the Shadow Hearts series is better than FFX/X-2.ChrisJ2004
I agree with you there man. IMO, Shadow Hearts (The first 2 anyway) are way better than FFX.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KH-mixerX

[QUOTE="ChrisJ2004"]To me, there were too many great RPGs to call FFX the best. All of the Shin Megami's are much better, IMO. I haven't played "vs. the soulless army" yet. Also, the Shadow Hearts series is better than FFX/X-2.KratosKratos
I agree with you there man. IMO, Shadow Hearts (The first 2 anyway) are way better than FFX.

Speak for yourselves.

Avatar image for PlayPlayStation
PlayPlayStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 PlayPlayStation
Member since 2004 • 5205 Posts

Best to some and not to many!

aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

FFX to me was just...meh.
it's a great game, but i wouldn't call it "game of the century" or anything like that. likewise with FFVII. i just don't see the hype about that game. I had two copies of it and sold em both on ebay for $200 lol. best $200 i've ever made.
anyway, the best playstation 2 game i've played so far has been God of War.summer_star17x

HOW DID YOU DO SUCH A THING?! WHAT WERE THEY? SIGNED BY Tetsuya Nomura himself?!

FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts

keep in mind... last gen is NOT ps1. Last gen is now considered ps2.

FFX was much more than a game to me. It was an experience. Keep in mind it was my first console rpg that affected that as well, but seriously what an amazing game. I thought it was very lame at first with Tidus signing blitzballs, but the game turned from very light and happy to very dark. It was so great with a complicated story, and characters that seemed almost alive. I played through this game 5 times. haha. I wish some parts of the story didn't feel so slow and choppy though. but once i payed 70 bucks for ffvii it seemed on par with ffx. so... it's not that special anymore haha.

FFX one of the best on ps2 for sure. this game needs to be priced 70 dollars someday.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KH-mixerX

FFX was much more than a game to me. It was an experience. Keep in mind it was my first console rpg that affected that as well, but seriously what an amazing game. I thought it was very lame at first with Tidus signing blitzballs, but the game turned from very light and happy to very dark. It was so great with a complicated story, and characters that seemed almost alive. I played through this game 5 times. haha. I wish some parts of the story didn't feel so slow and choppy though. but once i payed 70 bucks for ffvii it seemed on par with ffx. so... it's not that special anymore haha.

FFX one of the best on ps2 for sure. this game needs to be priced 70 dollars someday.

FFuematsufan

Your my new best friend.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts

i think gta3 was probably the best

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I didn't mean last generation as best ever. I meant out of PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube.FFF4N4T1C

Yes we know that.

FFX is not even in my top 10 PS2 games. What more if Xbox and GC is included? Not in my top 100 of last gen! FFX was so great at when I was still playing it, but after playing Rogue Galaxy and Radiata Stories, FFX (and other turn-based RPG) are the most boring games ever! I will start playing KH 1 tomorrow. Action/real-time RPGs FTW!!!

FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
[QUOTE="FFuematsufan"]

KH-mixerX

Your my new best friend.

i'm confused.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#30 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

not even close!!

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

I truly think so. Last generation had all kinds of miraculous games, some just coming out recently. However, I just can't think of any games that had quite the same effect as that game. Few games in the history of my gaming career have done that, one of them (conveniently enough) Final Fantasy VII. In my book, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was a perfect game, or as close to as a game can get, but it just didn't affect me the same way as FFVII and FFX.

Anyways, I'm starting to vigorously wander off-topic. So does anyone else think FFX was the best and most memorable game released in the last-gen era of consoles. No flaming please :).

Don't think I'm saying it was the only great game, I have a huge list of incredible games from last-gen. I just thought I'd make a topic like this, because GameFAQS had a poll the other day about "Game of the Century" so far. Being the new Wii-paradise that it has become, I thought people might cheat it out for Super Mario Galaxy or something, but luckily FFX still had a huge majority over other games.

FFF4N4T1C

Well if its a poll the more popular game will win out (not neccessarily the best). FFX was pretty good if only for the story, music and battle system. The voice acting and early cutscenes were regrettable. And the final boss was rather easy.

--

Don't forget there were the GTA games, Metal Gear Solid 2&3, FFXII, Dragon Quest VIII, Burnout 3, and others.