Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Final_MasterX
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

I've been looking around here trying to get a feel for what the game and new battle system is like. Most people usually have a solid consensus one way or the other about a particular game, but with this one I can't seem to find anywhere where the majority hates it or loves it. So, Im hoping you guys could help me out. How is the battle system? Is the story good? Any help would be appreciated. Thnx

auron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 auron9000
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
i would not get it in my opinion.i honestle feel that ffx was the last great FF GAME.but thats just my opinon so i would say no it not worth it.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
The game is apsoulutly magnificent,story is really interesting,and i find batle system really more fun than in FFX.
darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts
go for it , it has a grate battle system and a interesting story line ...... and excellent graphics for a ps2 game
Lionheart_VIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Lionheart_VIII
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts
Honestly man, it might be my favorite FF game. If its not #1, its #2. The battle system is definately my favorite part about it. Seems to go alot more smoothly in my opinion. As for the story, its just as good. Its got a pretty good one on it. Its more of hatred based than a love base story. Honestly I think you should buy it but if your still not sure, give it a rental. When I got this game, I played from like Midnight to 6 AM without even noticing. I think you'll love it.
Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
FFX delivers great gameplay however the story was completely predictable, boring and the so called "love story" was too cheesy.
auron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 auron9000
yeah so its still100x better than 12 i played the demo of 12 wats so great about it u want a good modern rpg get star ocean that came out about 3 years ago and its still better than 12.
Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Final_MasterX
Thanks for the input. What's with the License Board? Is it like the sphere grid or is it something completey different?
Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
license board is a feature that enables you to learn certain abilities or able to use certain weapons, armor and accesories.
darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts

Thanks for the input. What's with the License Board? Is it like the sphere grid or is it something completey different?Final_MasterX

its similar and yet so different

Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Final_MasterX
Oh ok. Sounds pretty cool. Square really seemed to bring a whole new image to FF. Sounds like a solid game. I think I will pick it up. Thanks again for all of your help
xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 xBLACK-MAGEx
Member since 2006 • 826 Posts
okay buddy. no offence, but there is like a billion topics on this VERY question. plz just look on the next few pages before posting the same question OVER and OVER
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I hate this game. With a passion. It is by far the worst Final Fantasy game IMO.

It just really wasnt for me. I can see how some people would like it though.
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Worth what?

Less than $20, yes.

ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts
Definitly get FFXII. I would say it has one of the best battle systems of any FF games, an awesome storyline, and everything else about it is nearly flawless.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I enjoyed the game. I liked the new battle system as well. The story was good the only thing I found hard was the location names. They were beyond idfferent han the normal locations in other FF games.
aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts
for only 20$ brand new i say hell yea. i bought it the day it came out collector's edition for 80$ tax included in canada. the story is long, battle is fun at first but later on gets eh. it wont get boring but the fact that you don't have to do nothing but a few actions manually during all battles is not amazing. but yea go get it. very impressive
Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Final_MasterX
To Black Mage, I have looked on the other pages. There's not a recent one about this and the only reason I posted is because I didn't feel like looking through 50 odd pages of forum info. If you didn't have any input on the game itself, please don't respond. I don't mean to offend you, but I don't really need anyone telling me about how many pages there are. If you've heard this before, why did you read it to begin with?
Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Final_MasterX
Are there any side games you can play? Or is it straight story?
auron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 auron9000
I hate this game. With a passion. It is by far the worst Final Fantasy game IMO.

VinnoT

VinnoT
finally somebody who knows what hes talking about.
dberg9292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dberg9292
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts
there are loads of little sidequests called hunts that take some real effort to complete a lot of the later ones are even harder to complete than the final boss battles. also there are lots of little things you can do to help people. and also theres a rather challenging fishing minigame.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
yup its worth it i had alot fun with it
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i kind of went through a cycle with ffxii. i liked the combat at first, but then as i got a bit further in the game, i didnt like it. then i put it down, played some of my older rpg's and came back to it. i had new appreciation for it and i like it now. i dont know if id want it to be the new series standard, but it was a nice change. anyway, its worth a shot.
thelostcause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thelostcause
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts
To me this game was superb, not only did I spend the most time I have in a very long time in this game, despite me blowing through the storyline fast there is so much to do beyond that, the most side questing I've seen in a FF game to date, and the hunts and extra weapons are great, the fact that any character can use all the weapons in the game was a huge plus, I want to fully customize my game and I was able to in this game, I would definately get it if I were you.
Lionheart_VIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lionheart_VIII
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts
I know I posted earlier, and I too at one point found the system not bad but losing its original power, so I tried switching it to "active" and man it made it so much more fun and difficult at the same time, I'll occasionally switch back though but it still made it more playablle.
bionicflmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bionicflmer
Member since 2004 • 532 Posts
I really liked FFXII a lot. There was a lot to do and the customizable aspect of being able to give any charcter any type ofweaponwas a greataddition to the FF world. My only problem with it was that the story mode was soooo easy. The bosses, even the fnal one were surprisigly simple, but the incredibly difficult and interestinghunts made up for it. It is the kind of game you want to complete to 100%. I loved it.
Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Final_MasterX

Sounds like it's definitely worth it. Im going to pick up my copy this Thursday

hashmanalum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 hashmanalum
Member since 2004 • 337 Posts

This game is cool but one warning though: the beginning is quite boring but once you get other party members and Gambits man... It's awesome!!!

And use the forums of FF XII, they have really great info about the game and tips for some quick grinding/LP

Personal Experience: In 2 days my save went from 8 hours playing to about 22~23 hours, so you get the picture :D

alch3mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 alch3mist
Member since 2006 • 1162 Posts

yeah few weeks ago i made a thread about final fantasy 12. I gave out really good tips i should send that to you it will help you out.

FF12 is fun people left their gambits on instead leave one person(the person your playing as) not on a gambit you choose the best spot to fight from and switch to the others to the same and gambit system can helpy you as well

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts
Incredible!!! well...so far, im 50 +hours into it and im completely addicted. Alot of time and effort went into this game and boy can you tell! GET IT!
zash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zash
Member since 2003 • 75 Posts

Spoiler or fare warning - you decide.

|

Final Fantasy XII in "my" opinion sucked! I don't know what the he11 they were thinking... I mean, ok, they didn't have any character development (at all), that I can live with. Nevertheless, they did not at all focus on the main character or make him important! They could have killed him off and the game would still be able to go on, no hindrance whatsoever! 'Every' time the group would be talking about what to do next, the so-called "main character" would be off playing with his stupid childhood friend. It would always show them playing or doing whatever in the background! He was just some KID they were dragging around... Now the person they had you play in the very beginning should have been the main characters... sigh. I was thinking about taking it back, but then I thought "collectors item".

Another thing is that you always seem to be strapped for cash. The weapons are expensive as he11! You really have to sell an arm and a leg just to make your players just "barely" strong enough to survive whatever terrain you are about to be entering. I remember traveling in some terrain (I think it was the snowy one, can't remember), but anyway, I was doing fine. I was regulating killing everything in sight; I thought I was such a badass. And as I continued, I found myself in a whole different landscape entirely (it looked like a swamp or somethin'). Anyway, here I am, "Huh... where the heck am I? This place looks weird and so out of place (considering where I came from). Oh well, I'm still badass/omnipotent, nothing can hurt me, plus I just bought me some new gear so I should be well prepared for any miscreants, should they come my way." Next thing you know I see this small monster and I mean SMALL, so I walked up to it thinking "I might as well get some experience points, even if it's just a little." I usually don't like training when there's not a save point close by, because you never know what can happen. Anyway, some monsters don't attack you unless you provoke them first. So I provoked. Now right before I entered this other terrain, I was taking every other beast out, and even when they would hit me they would be taking 50 or 100 at the most. However, this little shnit did some damage I mean 600 damage! I had previously set my party/comrades on attack. Let's just say (for the lack of a better euphemism) they were pushing up daisies, because all I remember was running and leaving them behind thinking to myself "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!" (Only I wasn't saying shoot). I felt like that girl in the Blair Witch Project when she was running through the woods at night screaming, which was annoying as hell, but I digress, they were all dead. Plus there was the fact that I hadn't saved for like 2 hours or so. That brings up another thing. The stages were big for no damn reason (hence why I hadn't saved for 2 hours, being lost and all).

In addition, I liked the grid they had to make you stronger and whatnot, but I liked the sphere grid better from Final Fantasy X. Oh yea, I liked Final Fantasy X better too.:D

The music was good, so that is a plus.;)

DarkAltair89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DarkAltair89
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

I felt it was one of the best FF games that they have released by far. The story was fantastic, some people found it confusing but I don't know how, but the game goes on forever it could last you at least 100+ hours if you want to 100% the game and raise all the characters levels. The graphics are like amazing especially within the cities and major places. The character development was a little bit of a disappointment BUT I don't agree that you could kill any of the main characters off, because they all played a major part within the story development and contributed in their own way.

But go for it, I guarantee you won't be disappointed it has everything a great RPG needs and is loads better than FFX in my opinion.;)

GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts
If you prefer not to experince something different from the random battles and turn based fighting, you might just want to pass on it. Then again, a rental wouldn't hurt either. Yeah, just try it before buying it. Don't follow others opinions on a this game, especially since it's a Final Fantasy title.
ungodlyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ungodlyabyss
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
I concur with zash. To me, this was the WORST FF game. Heck, I would rather play the first one. All FFXII is running around watching the character killing monsters and then healing, and then a boss comes and just KILLS everyone. I did'nt even pass the game, I got halfway through and just could'nt go on. I almost cried I was so bored during the game. DON'T BUY THIS GAME! GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
psyko_Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 psyko_Reaper
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts
i'm about half-way thru it and the only thing i can say is: F***ING YEAH, it's a lot of fun, lots of weapons and abilities and sidequests, plus the license points make it a whole lot more fun to gain new stuff
jiggidyjiggidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jiggidyjiggidy
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts

I've been looking around here trying to get a feel for what the game and new battle system is like. Most people usually have a solid consensus one way or the other about a particular game, but with this one I can't seem to find anywhere where the majority hates it or loves it. So, Im hoping you guys could help me out. How is the battle system? Is the story good? Any help would be appreciated. Thnx

Final_MasterX

ok game

Avatar image for deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
deactivated-6354e904ebeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
Member since 2004 • 1790 Posts

Well personally I didn't really like it. I found the story very weak and boring and not entertaining. The battle system was pretty boring too, I found that the battle system that FFXII used pretty much took out any interaction you had with the game especially if you used gambits, I mean for the most part you set up the party when you run into a fiend you press X once and then you just watch everything take care of it self.

I also feel that Vann shouldn't have been the main character, did Vann or Penello serve any purpose to the game at all? Of all the characters they probably had the least background story.

Espers were a joke, they were extremely weak, enough said.

Memorable boss battles...? None that I can think of I can only remember the last boss.

So is it worth it? Well if it's $20 by now then go for it. Despite what I said it wasn't that disappointing to me.