gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

If I dont beat FF X and play FF X-2 would it ruin the story? I'm planning on getting both.

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#2 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

Oh, 666 posts. On a Friday the 13th too. how spooky!

Yes, because the main reason why Yunie is adventuring again is for a certain someone. 

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gotdangit
Thanks now I have to spend 24/7 trying to beat FF X just so I can start playing X-2 lol, I'm not getting it until Tuesday *whine*
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2deluxe
You gotta approach X-2 with a very open mind though. Because it's really different, it has a totally different gameplay and vibe. Not for the manliest of men lol!
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
Lol perhaps its not for the manliest men but it has a certain charm to it. Blitzball management is such a great mini game as well. Sphere changing is well handled too. Its a shame it gets so much rap from people, really enjoyed playing it.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

My daughter's first experience with FF was with X-2... Until she started asking some questions.  So, she stopped playing X-2 in favor of playing X just for the story.  So we're playing X together and she's learning all about how things work in the FF world.

She's loving the story so much -she's only 12- and she gets all excited over some of the cinemas in the game.  Just last night a certain scene happened in X and she says to me... "That's why Yunnie's.... ...In X-2!!!" (I didn't want to say exactly what she said, you know, the whole spoilers thang lol)

Cash_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 Cash_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts
X-2 i think ruined the whole story of X, but anyways, play FF X first then if you don't care about playing a Yuna and messing up the whole story, after play X-2.
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

My daughter's first experience with FF was with X-2... Until she started asking some questions. So, she stopped playing X-2 in favor of playing X just for the story. So we're playing X together and she's learning all about how things work in the FF world.

She's loving the story so much -she's only 12- and she gets all excited over some of the cinemas in the game. Just last night a certain scene happened in X and she says to me... "That's why Yunnie's.... ...In X-2!!!" (I didn't want to say exactly what she said, you know, the whole spoilers thang lol)

Terami

Talking about FMV,  I always stick FFX and FFX-2 in the PS2 just to watch some of the FMVs in the game, they still take my breath away after all this time.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

Defintely play FFX before X-2 because of 2 good reasons:

1. Story-line. If you haven't played FFX you will probably be confused.

2. FFX is better. If you play X-2 before X you'll probably ruin the better game with more cooler FMV's.

ArchAngel2284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArchAngel2284
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
FFX was 10 times better than X-2. if u want to try x-2 later on play a little but otherwise you'll get fed up with it like i did. i got to chapter 5 and quit the game cuz it was just lame in my opinion.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gotdangit

thanks for the help I should be getting FF X tomorrow

Sargey123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sargey123
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts

yep FFX definitely you must have then if you want you can have X-2

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gotdangit

Oh, 666 posts. On a Friday the 13th too. how spooky!

Yes, because the main reason why Yunie is adventuring again is for a certain someone. 

2deluxe

Lol I had no idea what you were talking about until just now lol. I thought maybe you were talking about your or something thats pretty funny

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
Get FFX first, because If you play FFX2 first, it will ruin the story, and basically give away the ending of the FFX very slowly.
kh971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kh971
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
ummmm....no in my opinion ffx-2 did not ruin ffx.  and i will tell you why it was a continuation of ffx and i played both of them and loved both of them....got a perfect score on both with all the weapons on x and all the dresspheres on x-2 even the mascot and the story was just to die for..... i sat on my floor for a week crying about the end of x and sat on my floor crying for a week about the ending of x-2 i also got the secret ending to both of them..... was just great.....wish they would make more like it.... i really dont know what XII is like but in another couple of months im getting those as well as XI.... I hope to be even more amazed with those but really why so many people are really mad about x-2 i dont know  it was good to me .....
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gotdangit
Oh great now I know both ending are sad... but tell me more about these secret endings as long as they dont ruin the story.
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 2deluxe

SPOILER ALERTTHESE RUIN THE STORY FOR YOU!

There's only one ending in X, and it's him being a dream and going away, along with Auron. The whole Yevon thing is a joke and the group acted own totally on their own.

X-2 has four separate endings to the best of my knowledge. I have only seen 2.

There's the common ending where Yuna makes her speech in Luca Stadium along with the leaders of New Yevon and the Youth League.

The second one is the good ending where Yuna reunites with him in Besaid and they live happier ever after.

The secret/perfect ending one I think is just them two talking in Zanarkand Ruins, refflecting.

The fourth, I don't know.

Ellythrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 Ellythrion
Member since 2006 • 234 Posts
Well seeing as FFX is the superior game in every aspect, I recommend you play it first not only for story reasons. Seriously, if you play through FFX then play FFX-2 I think you'll see what I mean. Not that FFX-2 is appalling, it just isn't up to the standards of FFX.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
you should play FFX first, so you can get a clue of the storyline and characters
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2deluxe

it just isn't up to the standards of FFX.Ellythrion

What standards are you talking about? The painfully linear gameplay? Slow and boring combat system? A soap opera quality story where you saw everything from a mile away? The stupidest secrets in the entire series? The loss of exploration, sense of awe with that small ass world? 

dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
Yeah, finishing X first would be a very good idea.