current PS2 owners... Reasons of why are we buying or NOT buying PS3?

• 61 results
myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 myblameless
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
topic says it: current PS2 owners... Reasons of why are we buying or NOT getting a PS3?

Reason of buying: Final Fantasy ^_^

Reason of still not buying: First the... PRICE ^_^ Second.. there's no Final Fantasy YET..
3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts
only have $20
Avatar image for addictedtochaos
addictedtochaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 addictedtochaos
Member since 2004 • 1142 Posts
Because I'm still spending my money on all the great PS2 games. 
myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 myblameless
Because I'm still spending my money on all the great PS2 games. addictedtochaos
i agree in that one too ^_^ and i forgot to mention that im still waiting on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix ^_^ (im happy that it is still on PS2 ^_^ and PS2 is still not "dead")
Avatar image for onlineps2player
onlineps2player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 onlineps2player
Member since 2004 • 1048 Posts
[QUOTE="addictedtochaos"]Because I'm still spending my money on all the great PS2 games. myblameless
i agree in that one too ^_^ and i forgot to mention that im still waiting on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix ^_^ (im happy that it is still on PS2 ^_^ and PS2 is still not "dead")

I also believe that PS2 is not dead yet... and about getting the PS3, if you're really interested in all those exclusives on the PS3, go for it... but the price is actually BIG, very BIG... perhaps getting it after a price drop can be the solution...
mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
[QUOTE="myblameless"][QUOTE="addictedtochaos"]Because I'm still spending my money on all the great PS2 games. onlineps2player

I also believe that PS2 is not dead yet... and about getting the PS3, if you're really interested in all those exclusives on the PS3, go for it... but the price is actually BIG, very BIG... perhaps getting it after a price drop can be the solution...

Hoping so. That's why I'm biding my time. For me, my killer app for this thing is built in. I'm getting it because of the Blu Ray player. That and I wouldn't mind being able to download some PS1 games for it either. And ywam the obly thing holding me up now is the price
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
right now there really aren't any games that make it worthwile to spend that amount of money on it. maybe sometime in the future with titles like mgs4, dmc4, ff13 and maybe some other good exclusive games it's worth to hand over the dough. but right now I don't think it's worth it by a long shot.
-Gijutsu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 -Gijutsu-
Member since 2005 • 8227 Posts
not enough good games
Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
Not buying
1. i just got a load of games to play on the ps2(just got into the MGS and DMC series)
2. Buying a 360 becaz i mainly only like shooters and online, and i thing thats best for me.
Djskittles9297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Djskittles9297
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Not buying it yet, because im still playin 360 and im waiting until MGS4 comes out.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
1 still need more ps2 games in my collection 2 wanting nintendo wii
darkhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 darkhell
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
FFXII, Burnout Dominator, God of War 2, Rogue Galaxy, .hack/GU Vol 2 and 3, shining force EXA...Need more reasons for not buying a PS3 right now?
Knives303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Knives303
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
It just costs to much for me.
EmielGr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EmielGr
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts
I don't need one yet, I don't have an HDTV yet and the games aren't that interesting yet.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
I bought a PS3 because I got my first commision check from work and figured I might as well spend the money while I have it on a PS3. Otherwise I'd just end up blowing it on random little stuff like going out to eat and clothes and movies and used games and alcohol and the woman.
myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 myblameless
I bought a PS3 because I got my first commision check from work and figured I might as well spend the money while I have it on a PS3. Otherwise I'd just end up blowing it on random little stuff like going out to eat and clothes and movies and used games and alcohol and the woman.razzkazz
^____^ umm.. i have a friend who would TOTALLY agree here ^_^ hehehe *thumbs up* "the woman" ^_^
TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

Mainly Bcuz of the high price tag . I'll be hanging on to meh good ol PS2 for one more year . By then , MGS4 , DMC4 , Tekken 6 , GTA IV etc would be available on th PS3 and also , the price tag of the PS3 will have dropped . But I seriously wish the PS2 had some good shooters :(.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Too expensive and no games.
futagoza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 futagoza
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts
Reasons why I'm NOT buying a PS3:
Backwards compability issue in Europe (I'm playing tons and tons of PS2 games, would be cool if I could have sold off the PS2 and play them on PS3)
Obviously the price
Lack of games I feel I need to play. There will be some later on (FF, MGS and.. that's about it?) but right now, no thanks.
FordLynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FordLynx
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts
PS3 is so expensive and its game library is not that interesting yet. I'm waiting for MGS4, Gran Turismo HD, Tekken6. PS2 on the otherhand is not dead yet. Its still fun to play PS2 old games.
s7aTyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 s7aTyC
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
Cause i have a LOT of great games to play on the PS2.
Maybe after 2-3 years i'll buy it :)
kmagika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kmagika
Member since 2004 • 832 Posts

got a new pc. so now im just waiting for gow2

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Im not buying a PS3 because of the price, and because I would rather get a 360. My PS2 is enough to keep my occupied anyway.
myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 myblameless
wow, almost all of us are waiting for a Price Down ^_^ (we all know that PS3 is too EXPENSIVE :cry: ) well, i really still enjoying going back to FF games (GBA, PS1, PS2,PC ) and Kingdom Heart series... (but i wish when FFXIII comes out.. PS3's price drops already ^_^ ...down to 100$? ^_________^ *joking* )
tehreem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tehreem
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts
no need untill ur tekken 5 CD breaks up
myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 myblameless
hmm for my cousin and i... tekken 5 dvd.. hmm that's TRUE ^_^ and i forgot to mention GUITAR HERO 1 & 2 too ^_^ hehe that'll still keep me busy ^_^
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
Reason of buying: Final Fantasy, Metalgear series, and i just have to add it to my sony playstation consoles from ps to ps2 slim Reason of still not buying: Price, still some bug's , waitting for a full upgrade, and watting for Metagear sons of patriot
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#28 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
there is no reason to get right away. Gonna wait until fall when the great titles arrive
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#29 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Im not buying one any time soon for the same reason Im not getting any of the other next gen consoles. A total lack of software.   Everything is a sequel to something and the only thing they improved was the graphics. 

I want innovation not repitition. 

Avatar image for Riskbreaker2000
Riskbreaker2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riskbreaker2000
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
Too expensive and no games.X360PS3AMD05
kirbyfernandes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kirbyfernandes

1st - the price is really killing.

2nd - there r crappy games on the ps3. call of duty 3 is on the ps2 as well.  (great game)

3rd - there a really good games coming out. like nippon ichi, the gaming company they have 1 or 2 games coming out.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Reasons why I'm NOT buying a PS3:
Backwards compability issue in Europe (I'm playing tons and tons of PS2 games, would be cool if I could have sold off the PS2 and play them on PS3)
Obviously the price
Lack of games I feel I need to play. There will be some later on (FF, MGS and.. that's about it?) but right now, no thanks.
futagoza

There is not going to be hardware using for PS 2 and PS 1 games, but software emulation. Its going to be able to play 98% of PS 1 games and more than a 1000 PS 2 games.

Reasons of Buying: possibility of keeping my PS/PS 2 games, FF, DMC, MGS and japanese games as the Musou games.
Reasons of waiting, in my country its 1700 so Im waiting till sept when Im going to the states
sx_paroxysm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sx_paroxysm
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I would buy it immediately if I had the money.  I mean all of you are missing that not only is it the cheapest Blu-Ray player, but the PS2 is the SINGLE thing that won over for DVDs.  Everyone liked the format but buying a PS2 was nominally cheaper than a DVD player.  With the PS2's massive success there were already a ton out there, so people started picking up DVDs to watch in it.  No aging, no decay in quality.  DVDs were great.

On top of that, a media management system.  I Love Music.  So being capable of having a ton of music on it? Great. I love the PS1 downloads.  I hated Force Feedback.  It screwed up perfection in any FPS, or sneaking game.  Personally I use wireless controllers now and vibration kills you on battery time. I have played 60 hours into FFXII so far without changing batteries, yet 12 hours into Frequency with vibration on my batteries were dying. It's a waste of resource and it isn't really all that immersive.  A good game doesn't need to shake your hands a little bit to be immersive but capture your mind.

It's sleek look, multi-purpose, FREE ONLINE, and countless more reasons to come as Sony gets more acclimated to what the average PS3 toting gamer wants, they will produce more.  Sony is ALWAYS good to it's fans. 

I personally believe this was just a kickback to a PSX, the PS2/media system that didn't make it out of Japan.  It was a great Idea but most people already had a PS2 and it was insanely expensive.  So they just redid it with the next gen of consoles, and hoped for the best.

If I had 650 I would have a PS3 right now.  Infact if anyone wants to buy a car, I live in MO and am selling my car.

For $650.  I live next to work, and I walk everywhere anyway. This thing costs me every month and I don't use it.  Better turn it into something I can use.  A PS3.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Not buying until mid 2008 or early 2009 because..

- its expensive

- the games are not good (as of now)

- there are still a lot of ps2 games I want to own so I'm saving money for those

hempforvictory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hempforvictory
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
I will never pay more than $300 for a gaming machine. I also was not satisfied with final fantasy as much during the ps2 generation and that was the major reason I bought one. I think I will just play Wii and maybe a x-box360 this go round unless there is a massive price drop.
FordLynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FordLynx
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts
I wonder if the PS3 price will drop this christmas?... :lol:
TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#37 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts
no need untill ur tekken 5 CD breaks up tehreem
^^^^ I agree . Tekken 5 has tons of replayability value , especially if you're playing with a group of friends ....... another good reason to hang on to the PS2 yay
Roosnurm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Roosnurm
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
Cause i have a LOT of great games to play on the PS2.
Maybe after 2-3 years i'll buy it :)
s7aTyC
Me2
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
Too expensive and no games.X360PS3AMD05

I'll say too expensive and a few games that interest me now.
njdevil2350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 njdevil2350
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts
I am a hardcore Final Fantasy fan and was hoping they were going to release XIII in 2007, but now that looks very bleak.  The PS3 games out right now also do not impress me at all.  I will probably purchase sometime next year :D

Metal Gear Solid 4 + FFXIII   FTW
Courtdog_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Courtdog_1
Member since 2004 • 982 Posts

I have games, for my PS2 that I have, but haven't played yet. Also, there are some games I still want, on the PS2, so there is no need to upgrade just yet. Oh yeah , that damn high price too!!

Mocoball2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mocoball2
Last time I checked the PS3's were a bit pricey. I only have £90 at the moment so I think I'll wait until I save a bit more money and the price of a new PS3 goes down.
thewilyranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 thewilyranger
Member since 2004 • 319 Posts
Reason not buying, too expesensive, if I wanted to spend up to 700 dollars on gaming i would either A. Buy PS2 and whatever other games I would like to buy or B. Spend 700 dollars and upgrade my PC.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23161 Posts
1) Way too expensive
2) Not enough good games yet
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
1) Way too expensive
2) Not enough good games yetmegagene
3) No Rumble (YET)
4) Backward Compatibility might be compromised in the future.
rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
My reasons, in order of importance :
1. I dont have an HDTV......yet
2. I still got many games for my ps2 such as Dominator, GoW2, SMT DDS / DDS2, SMT Devil Summoner, etc
3. Its a bit too expaensive

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
I'm not buying a PS3 because it's a little more than I can afford to spend on gamesd right now. 
The main reason though is that it doesn't have any games that really interest me right now.  I don't care how good Resistance looks, I don't see myself playing through an entire FPS.  Let alone dropping around $800 on it.  That would be stupidity.
Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
I'm just waiting for my semester of university to end.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I read in my copy of GI that they will not drop the price anytime soon (not like how they dropped the price on PS2 when it launched).  I want the PS3 but I refuse to buy it for that much money, even though I can afford it.  As much as I love DMC, Def Jam, and MGS series, those few titles alone won't influence me to get it!