Maziso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Maziso
Member since 2004 • 368 Posts

Ever since i bought the ps2 slim, ive always boughtt ps2 games. Yesterday i was passing by a store, and they had Final fantasy IX in display, so i decided to buy it, having great memories of it. So i got home and when i put in the first disce, it takes me to the browser option, where i can choose to check my memory card, or play the game. Whats weird is that it recognizes it as a ps1 disc, and it appears black.

Anyways, when i finaly choose the option to play the game, the screen goes black and it stays like that.....

Do i need to configure something, or is it that the ps2 slim isnt backwards compatible... plz i need an answer urgently!

GoldenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GoldenSurfer
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts

Ever since i bought the ps2 slim, ive always boughtt ps2 games. Yesterday i was passing by a store, and they had Final fantasy IX in display, so i decided to buy it, having great memories of it. So i got home and when i put in the first disce, it takes me to the browser option, where i can choose to check my memory card, or play the game. Whats weird is that it recognizes it as a ps1 disc, and it appears black.

Anyways, when i finaly choose the option to play the game, the screen goes black and it stays like that.....

Do i need to configure something, or is it that the ps2 slim isnt backwards compatible... plz i need an answer urgently!

Maziso

There is an setting in the browser menu where you can turn on the smooth and the speed setting(turn them on) for when you're playing PS1 games on the PS2.

Adjusting those two setting should/might help.

southy787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 southy787
Member since 2005 • 14571 Posts
The PS2 Slimline is backwards compatible. My brother's has no trouble playing PSone games on his. Maybe there's a problem with the game itself. Or you haven't adjusted the settings accordingly.