Youtube player bar blocks off bottom of certain videos- Update! Google are on it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Maybe you have noticed this too but some videos are overlaped with the media bar that youtube uses and unless you go into full screen mode they have the bottom 10th essentially hidden behind the player bar. The two examples I have don't actually suffer because of this but it's happened on other videos as well and I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this. Seems like a youtube thing where they could simply program it so that the images fit their player properly without altering the aspect ratio. Oh well just another mistake on googles part.

If you guys know of any add ons to fix this or some other method I'm all ears.

PS Exhibit 3

Annoying. Seriously annoying.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Not really a fix, but you could use one of several methods to download particular youtube videos, and then use some kind of media player to watch them.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Yeah. That is an alternative but that's not what I want to resort to when I'm just going from video to video. Oh and it turns out it's every video haha. I've been going through some of my playlists and without fail they all suffer from this. Well here's hoping Google gets their act together and fixes this soon.

EDIT: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube/youtube/suJooCSiH4Y

Looks like they are on it. I'm so glad cause I really couldn't figure out how to explain it lol.

kai_311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kai_311
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts
I actually never notice this. I mostly play the videos on full screen. One of the advantages of having multiple monitors.