Yes another "Please help me upgrade" thread ;)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Giantsfan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Giantsfan22
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
Ok, while I know everyone is going to tell me I am crazy to pass on the core 2 duo's from intel, I cannot pass up the price/performance of a X2 5600/6000(havent decided which yet). So I will be going with one of those, a 8800gts 320 mb and 2 gb of ram(I already have a good psu). Thats the easy part, I just need help choosing a mobo. I will NOT be overclocking or will very rarely be over clocking since its kind of a pain finding the exactly what your system will tolerate etc so, please give me your recomendations for a good mobo. Thnx
ForzaIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ForzaIV
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

well, id say that u really need to pull ur pants up, becuase right now AMD's cpu's aren't as reliable as intels nor as fast. But nobody can force you to do things. For a mobo, if you've got the cash, try racking up 2 X2 6000 cpus and an ASUS L1N64 motherboard. I'm not much of an AMD brain but i have one warning; just make sure thatboth of those CPUsuse Socket F.

But why not consider a quad-core AMD? They're not far from release. You could consider eight-cores rather than 4. If you're not considering any of my suggestions, go to www.asus.com and look at their mobos.

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts
Ok, while I know everyone is going to tell me I am crazy to pass on the core 2 duo's from intel, I cannot pass up the price/performance of a X2 5600/6000(havent decided which yet). So I will be going with one of those, a 8800gts 320 mb and 2 gb of ram(I already have a good psu). Thats the easy part, I just need help choosing a mobo. I will NOT be overclocking or will very rarely be over clocking since its kind of a pain finding the exactly what your system will tolerate etc so, please give me your recomendations for a good mobo. ThnxGiantsfan22
AMD X2 6000 on any AsusAM2board will be just fine WITHOUT OVERCLOCKING8)