WOW or Everquest 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f20133fe9201
deactivated-5f20133fe9201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f20133fe9201
Member since 2006 • 1120 Posts
which game is better?
Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Acidrain1988
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
it matters what kinda person you are
Avatar image for deactivated-5f20133fe9201
deactivated-5f20133fe9201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 deactivated-5f20133fe9201
Member since 2006 • 1120 Posts
what do u mean

Teuvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Teuvan
Member since 2003 • 10151 Posts
WoW. My advice would be to avoid anything associated with SOE, as they have the worst customer service and support for online games ever.
Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Acidrain1988
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
what do u mean

Mr_Abandon
an exmaple Oranges or Apples whats better? hard to answer right? everyone is going to have an opinion. You only can only base a choice on past experiances and what kinda of game (or fruit) you have enjoyed before
Teuvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Teuvan
Member since 2003 • 10151 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_Abandon"]what do u mean

Acidrain1988
an exmaple Oranges or Apples whats better? hard to answer right? everyone is going to have an opinion. You only can only base a choice on past experiances and what kinda of game (or fruit) you have enjoyed before

So basically, if you enjoy paying to play a horribly mediocre game while being treated like a lesser form of life, you'll love Everquest 2.
Kintaro_Oe_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Kintaro_Oe_25
Member since 2004 • 684 Posts
WoW is much better.

EQ2 feels bland as hell compared to WoW. Many aspects are the same, they are both pretty easy, both quest oriented, but EQ2s quests feel boring. There was a huge patch that changed EQ2 completely and dumbed it down more than it already was and because of which some quests don't work right and the info given for each quest in the game is just flat out wrong in some cases, very frustrating.  Also it still has rare quest spawns that take hours of standing around to get, which I would never do but many people will endure this torment.

Also its really hard to find a party in EQ2, it could take hours depending on where you want to go, and there are a good number of quests that are impossible to solo.

My list of complaints on EQ2 could go on for awhile.

While both games come down to being a grindfest, WoW doesn't really feel like it whereas EQ2 does.
godofratz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 godofratz
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts
I don't get why MMOs are so popular. Both these games lose their charm after you realize what they really are about. 
laineter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 laineter
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
For me, I would recommend WOW bcoz this game has lots of stuff to do. I it has a monthly fee that bothers most gamers but I assure to all of you that the money you pay is worth. Bcoz it's fun and really good. So, what are you waitin for go and buy it. :D
kaskus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kaskus
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
w0w or everquest? well, for me i think w0w will be better..many game features,many awesome quests..and many in game event that is worth spending time with...w0w rulez
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts
Coming from someone who has actually played both games (unlike, it seems, some of the other responders here) I would go with EQ2.  It simply has more depth and more variety to it.  There are more character classes to choose from.  The quests, at least some of them, are better written and more varied than those in WoW.  The crafting is better in EQ2 and the community is a lot better and more mature than what you typically find in WoW.  WoW's community was a lot like being forced to socialize in a remedial middle school for sociopaths.

EQ2 is the better, meatier, and bigger game.
sentan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sentan
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts
Coming from someone who has actually played both games (unlike, it seems, some of the other responders here) I would go with EQ2. It simply has more depth and more variety to it. There are more character classes to choose from. The quests, at least some of them, are better written and more varied than those in WoW. The crafting is better in EQ2 and the community is a lot better and more mature than what you typically find in WoW. WoW's community was a lot like being forced to socialize in a remedial middle school for sociopaths.

EQ2 is the better, meatier, and bigger game.
-wildflower-
You probably joined one of the worse servers of WoW, which there are many of those. You can't say one game has a better community then the other, they are both filled with the same kind of people, those who help, those who want help, and those who either refuse help or insult merely for asking a question. I've found a good 'community' on a WoW server, and you probably have on an EQ2 server, seeing as how you seem to play it, but even in those good ones, there are still many bad eggs, both games are essentially the same, caster or meat shield, healer or offensive, male of female, race who seems could 'actually' be that strong or one full of 'attractive' females and girly-men.
mlp071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mlp071
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts
WoW immerse ? Maybe if you never played anything else , After 1 month you will endup being bored at lvl 70 and having nothing to do.

If you are in Walt Disney cartoonish characters and really want to pilot drive go with WoW.Yes SoE sux , but i never had reason to  go to them in over 2 years of playing.

Plus you have option to get station access pass that enables you to play Vanguard at same time.VG despite all horrendous bugs is actually real game ,together with EQ2 , which i cannot say for WoW , unless my IQ is -250 lol

It took me 3 months and 4 characters to realize that there was nothing new to do in WoW for me after only month and half. Lvl 30 boss in EQ2 is harder then any boss in WoW at any level.Plus in WoW you get as a bonus roughly 1-2 million of farmers to compete with.

It took me 2 years to stop playing EQ2, since i finally runout of 2000+ available quests there, and all other things i was able to do there.EQ2 is slowing down now as well is WoW anyways , since 2 weeks after expansion all WoW players completed that "immerse"(thats killing me that actually someone even cay say that ) part and they are siting dead bored at 70.So they moved to VG, as i can see form childish yapping in region chat channels.

Hopefully Blizzard will make another expansion fast , and they will go away :)

WoW is only good if you are 15-18 y/o and believe in all hype that WoWspot(Gamespot) is creating.So my suggestion , if your system can take it go with Vanguard..

sentan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sentan
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts
WoW immerse ? Maybe if you never played anything else , After 1 month you will endup being bored at lvl 70 and having nothing to do.

If you are in Walt Disney cartoonish characters and really want to pilot drive go with WoW.Yes SoE sux , but i never had reason to go to them in over 2 years of playing.

Plus you have option to get station access pass that enables you to play Vanguard at same time.VG despite all horrendous bugs is actually real game ,together with EQ2 , which i cannot say for WoW , unless my IQ is -250 lol

It took me 3 months and 4 characters to realize that there was nothing new to do in WoW for me after only month and half. Lvl 30 boss in EQ2 is harder then any boss in WoW at any level.Plus in WoW you get as a bonus roughly 1-2 million of farmers to compete with.

It took me 2 years to stop playing EQ2, since i finally runout of 2000+ available quests there, and all other things i was able to do there.EQ2 is slowing down now as well is WoW anyways , since 2 weeks after expansion all WoW players completed that "immerse"(thats killing me that actually someone even cay say that ) part and they are siting dead bored at 70.So they moved to VG, as i can see form childish yapping in region chat channels.

Hopefully Blizzard will make another expansion fast , and they will go away :)

WoW is only good if you are 15-18 y/o and believe in all hype that WoWspot(Gamespot) is creating.So my suggestion , if your system can take it go with Vanguard..

mlp071
What a waste of space, time, and brain cells, if you infact had/have any.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -wildflower-
I don't know I may have been on a "bad server" in WoW. I suppose it's possible. I played on a RPG server which, at least in my experience with other MMORPGs, are typically the more mature servers but maybe WoW was an anomaly. Even so, it's not like I'm the first person to criticize WoW for having a bad community. I thought it was pretty much understood that WoW's community is typically the worst out of all MMORPGs and my personal experiences with the game only support this.

Oh, and for the record, I no longer play, nor particularly liked either game but I still think out of the two, EQ2 was a much better, deeper, experience. WoW was too MMORPG-by-the-numbers for my tastes.
portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
For me, I would recommend WOW bcoz this game has lots of stuff to do. I it has a monthly fee that bothers most gamers but I assure to all of you that the money you pay is worth. Bcoz it's fun and really good. So, what are you waitin for go and buy it. :Dlaineter
giving money away?
mlp071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mlp071
apparently more then you do , oh well ...
mlp071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mlp071

What a waste of space, time, and brain cells, if you infact had/have any.

and that comes from warrior in WoW ? ok , i am really flatered by compliment :)
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I honestly would have got EQ2, I have played BOTH games unlike the numerous people I have seen talking out of their ass I have actual legit reasons/opinions why I prefer one over the other.  First of all, EQ2 suprisingly enough is a MUCH MUCH larger game..  With a far better community, I have had 3 60's total in WoW on multiple servers, the community is just horrid.. There is no "bad" server, all of them have a overpopulation of jack asses, high levels who don't know how to play well, money farmers etc etc..  Not saying one is better then the other.. But sense I have played so mcuh of WoW I can safely say I will never play that game agian..  The end game is a travesty imo..  Its a endless grind for the mos tlinear advancement in gear that every one else has.. You will spend hundreds of hours+ grinding spamming half a dozen of skils or less in boring raids..  Now many argue the newer raid instances in th elatest patchs and expansion are much better.. YEAH but mos tguilds who are capable of doing thatm require you to have a WHOLE set of epic gear from MC, ZG, BWL, Onyxia, AQ etc etc..   This makes it even worse when you can reach the cap rediculously fast compared to other MMO's..    PVP is just as bad at the end game with rediuclous unbalanced gear where people with high level orange or purp gear will out destroy a 60 in blue gear regardless if the poorly equiped person is better.. I had this happen to me on a new server, they had server transfers Alliance transfered almost ALL their high level epic characters to this server.. What happened?  The numerous ends of ass kickings from the alliance in every bg because of how rediculously geared they were.. Infact they were not that good at all, all of them came from a carebear pve server to this pvp server..  I still talk to guildies today, and horde still loses due to this because how better equiped the 60s are from numerous months if not years of raiding mindlessly before the server even opened..  A example like this shows clearly how unbalanced pvp is and how in the end it turns into a grind fest for honor.

EQ2 on the other hand may lack any form of pvp (which sucks I know thus why I play Guild Wars at itmes for my pvp) but its far larger in quests instances etc etc.. The Trade skills system is FARRRR better, the quests I actually pay attention reading on and the voice overs are really nice for more immersion..   EQ2 I have yet to come across a real "jerk" little kid etc etc and I have been play for quite awhile..  The end game from I have seen in EQ2 has many interesting things to do not to mention you can mentor with lower levels to go down to their level to help them, there are also far more improvement systems then just a single linear improvement of gear that every one else has.  The skill system is another great aspect that I was mildly surprised.. That you can find, craft, buy  skill upgrades (not new ranks for higher levels like WoW)  where for instance say a Fireball level apprentice 1 does 5-10 dmg, but you find a adept 1 upgrade of fire ball raising it to 10-20 dmg..  It doesn't change the level its just one of many ways how you can improve your character by not gaining levels etc etc..   This is what killed it for me in WoW.

From what I have seen EQ2 is the quests are FAR Far more deeper with actual solo intsances with numerous voice over events.. Massive cities, a guild system that has a great many ways to improve such as increasing status..   Quite a few classes with a achievement system that can make quite a difference between one character to the next.. My personal favorite thousands of items garenteeing you don't look exactly like another guy you run by which iw as common in WoW..  In the end I like EQ2 over WoW, yet again I am not saying one is better then the other, but if I had to choose it would be EQ2 now.

Jazz559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jazz559
Member since 2002 • 1750 Posts
A "C" in English? Bobby you speak English!
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I personally had much more fun playing EQ 2. The game isn't as cartoony, and although it is light-hearted at times, in general it feels a lot deeper and more involving than WoW, which in my opinion is more like playing a comic book or something. I could go on for a whole, but it looked like Sub Zero covered a lot of good points :) If you're interested in PvP, there ARE PvP servers and I had a good bit of fun playing on Venekor. I don't have enough time for th game anymore, unfortunately.
Jstur14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jstur14
Member since 2004 • 140 Posts
I personally would go with WoW, I played everquest for 4 years and loved the game I never got Everquest 2 but from all my friends who played everquest and then tried out everquest 2 they all left only after a couple months. It just doesn't seem like a game that was put together very well
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -wildflower-
It [EQ2] just doesn't seem like a game that was put together very wellJstur14

I'm not sure how you can honestly say that considering you've never played EQ2. One thing I really love about WoW fans is how well informed their opinions generally seem to be.:roll:
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
eq2 is nearly dead, but when eq2 was still new and had lots of players i loved it
Bobbomadic121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Bobbomadic121
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts
I don't know I may have been on a "bad server" in WoW. I suppose it's possible. I played on a RPG server which, at least in my experience with other MMORPGs, are typically the more mature servers but maybe WoW was an anomaly. Even so, it's not like I'm the first person to criticize WoW for having a bad community. I thought it was pretty much understood that WoW's community is typically the worst out of all MMORPGs and my personal experiences with the game only support this.

Oh, and for the record, I no longer play, nor particularly liked either game but I still think out of the two, EQ2 was a much better, deeper, experience. WoW was too MMORPG-by-the-numbers for my tastes.
-wildflower-
Stay away from the RP servers, the PVP servers tend to be more mature, especially the older/original servers.
Songeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Songeee
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I havent played the WoW very much, but i think that WoW is much better than ever quest.