WoW is finally off my PC!!!

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58530 Posts

Yup, its true....I just uninstalled it. First time its been off my PC ever! Its not a bad game, and I certainly dont regret playing it, but its time to send out to the cardboard box in the sky where old games go. I never got to 70, but thats all right...I had a good time getting to 65 and maybe in a couple years I will come back to it.

Oh well, just thought I would throw that out there. Time to go back and play all those games I never finished. Darkstar One, here I come!

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ttomm1946
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts

I hear ya...I'm surprised though because i know you really liked it

Tom

omerdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 omerdv
Member since 2005 • 1071 Posts
It's like stop using drugs doesn't it? people say it's very addicting
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

LOL HOLY CRAP! Your the first person I've ever heard say that. :lol:

My friends brother found this glitch in some area, he creates a new character... kills this "special" monster (looks like a butterfly) in some "special" realm and BOOM, level 70. talk about a precious time saver!

I never got into WoW, most MMO's just have too much of that "repetetive grind" imo.

speaking of... http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2326-Zero-Punctuation-Tabula-Rasa

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

I hear ya...I'm surprised though because i know you really liked it

Tom

ttomm1946

All good things must come to an end, so they say.

And honestly, its more for practical purposes. I problably played maybe fourteen days out of the 60-day time card I bought, and thats just a waste of money. Add to that the fact that I just graduated and moved away from my job, and currently have no money (well, I have some but Im saving it so I can get christmas presents for the family), and I just cant afford to waste ANY money.

But I would be dishonest if Itold ya thatI didntget a little tingle down my spine. Im no WoW-addict, but it definately had more of a hold over my life than it should have *que Requeim for a Dream music*

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrbojangles25

My friends brother found this glitch in some area, he creates a new character... kills this "special" monster (looks like a butterfly) in some "special" realm and BOOM, level 70. talk about a precious time saver!

I never got into WoW, most MMO's just have too much of that "repetetive grind" imo.

speaking of... http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2326-Zero-Punctuation-Tabula-Rasa

ElArab

jesus christ monkeyballs...that is one of the funniest things ive watched in a while. So random, so freaking sweet

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts
Good for you. To be a gamer and play WoW was pretty strenuous (can you say that?), in my opinion. WoW became just like a really fun job. I didn't have much time to play anything else. To be free of WoW feels great. :P
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I find it hard to play WoW. You must have a serious attention span to play that game. The hideous combat and frightening grind is a mountain to climb.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25
I think for me WoW was pretty much a time spender. Like fishing sort of. Lots of boring times, some exciting times, and a lot of general BS'ing. I guess I was lucky to be in some cool, funny guilds that werent too focused on raiding.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

Yup, its true....I just uninstalled it. First time its been off my PC ever! Its not a bad game, and I certainly dont regret playing it, but its time to send out to the cardboard box in the sky where old games go. I never got to 70, but thats all right...I had a good time getting to 65 and maybe in a couple years I will come back to it.

Oh well, just thought I would throw that out there. Time to go back and play all those games I never finished. Darkstar One, here I come!

mrbojangles25
I give you 12 hrs.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

I think for me WoW was pretty much a time spender. Like fishing sort of. Lots of boring times, some exciting times, and a lot of general BS'ing. I guess I was lucky to be in some cool, funny guilds that werent too focused on raiding. mrbojangles25

Same here, but in the end I just thought it was too much. I don't want to follow a schedule in a freaking game. You had to be really active to get a good character. WoW was a lot more fun when it came. Now it's just too much.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
what about lich king :(
Avatar image for GoodEyeSniper14
GoodEyeSniper14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoodEyeSniper14
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts
I dont think I could ever do that
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
It wasn't really hard to stop playing for me. After hitting level 60 the game got boring because I would have needed to attend raids all the time and I hate them. I don't have time to play four hours in a row. I made couple alts and stopped playing when my gametime ended.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Yeah, I just re-installed mine after a few months and I'm loving every minute.
Kniterait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kniterait
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts

The Burning Crusade was the first expansion for the game now comes The Lich King. Soon will come another, and another, and another. Its just to make the players keep playing the damned money and time sinkhole. Played it since release.. until summer this year, rather start to regret all the time i wasted.

I mean the game is all based how much u play, not how good you are. When u dont play atleast 8 hours a day then u'll fall back from the gear. levels etc.

Oh i so would like a MMORPG where it doesnt count how much u play it in a row. But rather how u play it.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

i started playing it when my friends did (i had time, at the time).

i stopped playing when most of my friends stopped (and also because of the lack of time).

MMOS, like all multiplayer games, are most fun when played with real life friends, when they went off of wow, it never seemed quite as much fun

Ray_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ray_Z
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'm a chinese WoW player. Sometimes our GM would say some "funny" words in the public channel when we are playing. I think there is a good one. He said "You caninvite your best friends to fight together in Azeroth, but don't forget to do sports with them when the weekend comes".

WoW is really good, I have to say it'sthe best MMO game I have ever played so far. But it's just a game, isn't it?

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="ElArab"]

mrbojangles25

jesus christ monkeyballs...that is one of the funniest things ive watched in a while. So random, so freaking sweet

That's called an illegal personal server... You can't do that in the legit game.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Where's bojangles he still has a couple more hrs to go. 8) tisK... I knew he will give in.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

mrbojangles25

In a couple of years, the cap will probably be around lvl 90 or lvl 100.. GL with that!

Its funny, because I remember when you where new and started the long pointless discussions about wow. with the GW guy... GPaddict... and that other completely insane WoW fanboy... the guy with the 15,000 posts.

so here we are. If you will follow the patteren of other people here, you will be back to wow. mostly so commotion made you quit it. was it overplaying? burned yourself out? you got into a fight with someone? your guild split? your friends stopped playing? just had to many people say to you that wow-sucks now? or what?

That seems to be the general idea whats going around. Not that many people seem to really just lose interest. Except does of us, who had major MMO experience way before WoW. does of us who had already grown tired of the genre before hand. Does of us who get tired in our knees just thinking about all the grind in the MMOs to come.. like Warhammer... grind grind grind... static quest.. grind grind grind...

but good for you. Now buy the Witcher, World in Conflict, GW EOTN and Orange Box, and your set for the rest of the year! Cheers!

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

In a couple of years, the cap will probably be around lvl 90 or lvl 100.. GL with that!

but good for you. Now buy the Witcher, World in Conflict, GW EOTN and Orange Box, and your set for the rest of the year! Cheers!

LuffyTubby

Max level in Anarchy Online is 220 :D

But that's funny thing about MMO's. If you are subscribed to one, you save money because you don't buy other games. I've been loosing money because I haven't been subscribed to an MMO in months :D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mrbojangles25

Where's bojangles he still has a couple more hrs to go. 8) tisK... I knew he will give in.OoSuperMarioO

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOURE WRONG! I will never submit!

Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts

Haven't played it in 4 months, yet I still got it installed here. Just mainly waiting on the expanion pack's price to drop, then I'll possibly spend another couple months playing it casually, was fun when I used up my 47 free days (7-day demo + 30 day from game + 10 day from Burning Crusade trial), just I got another MMO I put more attention into.

(yes, yes, I used to play two MMOs at once)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

LuffyTubby

Its funny, because I remember when you where new and started the long pointless discussions about wow. with the GW guy... GPaddict... and that other completely insane WoW fanboy... the guy with the 15,000 posts.

so here we are. If you will follow the patteren of other people here, you will be back to wow. mostly so commotion made you quit it. was it overplaying? burned yourself out? you got into a fight with someone? your guild split? your friends stopped playing? just had to many people say to you that wow-sucks now? or what?

That seems to be the general idea whats going around. Not that many people seem to really just lose interest. Except does of us, who had major MMO experience way before WoW. does of us who had already grown tired of the genre before hand. Does of us who get tired in our knees just thinking about all the grind in the MMOs to come.. like Warhammer... grind grind grind... static quest.. grind grind grind...

Thats pretty much how it is...I just plain and simple lost interest in the game.We had a good run, WoW and I, but hey...what game doesnt get boring after a few years?

And like I said, I might get back into it....I occasionally go back and play through Diablo 2. But then again Diablo 2 is free.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

mrbojangles25

Now be a good boy and put it back on before I get mad!!

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
I've uninstalled it at least five times. Started playing again 12 days ago. Got a 59 warlock and a 20 hunter. I've always come back. This time it took a bit longer. I will probably let my sub run out at the end of the month. Lots of games this month.
123monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 123monkey
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

ElArab

Hahahaha that was hilarious, so so good.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

anime-2k3

Now be a good boy and put it back on before I get mad!!

Never!!!

Well, maybe when the second expansion comes out. But until then...

...NEVER!

Avatar image for Ted_The_Chemist
Ted_The_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ted_The_Chemist
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts

Ahhh WoW, I've been an off and on addict since release. I tried getting back into it a little after the expansion set, got to 63, got a job, and quit. It just really wasn't the same to me, I raided every day back in the BWL glory days, and quit the day AQ opened. I just could never get into it again, wasn't the same for me. I've thought about trying it out again when Lich King is released, but, I know with college I just won't have time. Plus, I always regret the time I waste with it.

bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
lol I know how you feel, I play ffxi, im not addicted to it though, I love the game but lately im feeling as if, i could and should be dooing other more important things instead of playing it. I dont want to stop, but I havnt been going on as much lately.
E3BigC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 E3BigC
Member since 2004 • 411 Posts
Never fear guys, my intuition says that Warhemmer Online will bring hope to those who love MMOs but are bored of WoW.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Good for you.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mrbojangles25

Never fear guys, my intuition says that Warhemmer Online will bring hope to those who love MMOs but are bored of WoW.E3BigC

Im waiting for Conan myself. It seems like the only MMO in that theme (i.e. fantasy theme, with warriors, mages, priests, etc) that is actually gonna be different.

Warhammer will likely be good, but not different enough. I'd problably play it and say "meh, I'd rather be playing WoW"

But, as usual, its too early to tell.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Never fear guys, my intuition says that Warhemmer Online will bring hope to those who love MMOs but are bored of WoW.E3BigC

You're having faith in Mythic???? Good luck with that.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

[QUOTE="E3BigC"]Never fear guys, my intuition says that Warhemmer Online will bring hope to those who love MMOs but are bored of WoW.Johnny_Rock

You're having faith in Mythic???? Good luck with that.

I do. They have yet to fail us.

Fr0st3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fr0st3d
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I played wow for such a long time got a 70 with all epics but the game is almost the same from lvl 1 to 70. I quit this game because its really boring in the end it doesnt really matter what gear you have its all fake and most guild is all about who whines the most to get the gear or who is the best friend of officiers. But the game can be really fun when you find a fun guild that isnt too serious

The only mmo I would play again are mmofps like planetside, I think il get huxley when it come out if it doesnt turn out to be a flop

Sprozelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sprozelth
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
Congratz man!
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Youre going back in two years?...... can you quit WoW completely forever?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mrbojangles25

Youre going back in two years?...... can you quit WoW completely forever?Dogswithguns

Sure, for the sake of nostalgia maybe. Ill be a working man by then and 13 bucks a month wont be any big deal to me, so I can afford to play maybe 14 days out of the month.

-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -PS360-
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
This is exactly why i am afraid to try a MMO that intrests me.
Fractur3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fractur3d
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts

Good job man, i just quit today as well. I have had 2 lvl 70s, most decked out. Pvp kept me busy a while, then it just got sad, some of those guys really couldnt play. It really is addictive though, i don't see myself going back anytime soon though.

Fr0st3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fr0st3d
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
I quit wow like 5 months ago and when I look at some screens it just makes me want to go play again... its like smelling cigarettes when ur trying to stop it makes you want to smoke again even tho you know its bad
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="E3BigC"]Never fear guys, my intuition says that Warhemmer Online will bring hope to those who love MMOs but are bored of WoW.mrbojangles25

Im waiting for Conan myself. It seems like the only MMO in that theme (i.e. fantasy theme, with warriors, mages, priests, etc) that is actually gonna be different.

Warhammer will likely be good, but not different enough. I'd problably play it and say "meh, I'd rather be playing WoW"

exactly what i said when i was playing LOTRO

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="E3BigC"]Never fear guys, my intuition says that Warhemmer Online will bring hope to those who love MMOs but are bored of WoW.chrisrooR

exactly what i said when i was playing LOTRO

same story. Thats why I am hesitant about Warhammer. I know there is this whole "chicken and egg" argument about Warcraft and Warhammer and who ripped off who, but I dont really care as I am not a dedicated fan of either. If Warhammer offers different gameplay, then I might try it.

Ninja_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ninja_Dog
Member since 2003 • 2615 Posts
I was thinking of getting the Burning Crusade but im not sure anymore :(
Minder22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Minder22
Member since 2004 • 487 Posts

I quit wow like 5 months ago and when I look at some screens it just makes me want to go play again... its like smelling cigarettes when ur trying to stop it makes you want to smoke again even tho you know its badFr0st3d

it is hard to stay off of

kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts
I quit WOW about 5 months ago, and ive had so much time to play other games, got pretty good at css and joined a clan there. though i spent alot of money buying more games now, like other people have stated, and theres days when i miss playing with my friends, but theyve quit now too. Im never going back.
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#49 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
WOW is **** the mmorpg for noobs tbh, SWG pre cu FTW!
teg2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 teg2006
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

a good one to play with little time is guildwars as little as ya want and you learn your skills

to get better