This topic is locked from further discussion.

Clutch22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Clutch22
Member since 2004 • 122 Posts
Anyone know of any good addons that i should get for wow????
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

I don't play anymore but:

LootLink - keeps track of items you've seen.

DamageMeters - keeps tabs on you and your party/raid's damage. There's another similar mod that keeps track and reports only on a per-encounter basis..some consider it to be superior.

Bongos2 - a great interface and action bar mod.

Uhh..that's all I can remember at the moment. The only others I can remember are Druid-specific >_>

chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 chimera1984
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

Bartender 3 - its better than bongos2 because it can be styled with cycircled

Titan Panel or FuBar - choice is yours

SSPvP2 - Best pvp mod period

Cartographer - Map mod

AtlasLoot Enhanced - Every drop from every boss whether its world raids, instances or raid instances, theres even pvp sets

MobMap - like thottbot.com but in game (not as detailed but still good)

Auctioneer - AH addon, lets you scan and track prices of stuff on your server so when you put things on it knows a decent selling price for that item

Cooldown timers - Only really relavent if your a caster, but places cooldown timers on all your buttons.

SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) - Similar to the WoW built in one but this is better

MetaHUD - Puts like bars around your character to track health, mana/rage/energy, combo points, and your targets stats too

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
omen - good threat meter :D i like it
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

AtlasLoot Enhanced - Every drop from every boss whether its world raids, instances or raid instances, theres even pvp setschimera1984

Ah yeah, I started using this towards the end of my play time with WoW. Great mod.

Another I remembered:

Theorycraft - Shows you tons of skill statistics. It's really useful for comparing skill ranks as it shows mana (or rage/energy) efficiency, damage/health per-mana, resistance rates of your current target on skill mouse-over, the average damage of the skill (factoring in target resistances and armor) along with MANY of other things. Fully customizible..you can pick which stats are shown, and have them show on mouse-over or even on the button itself.

Edit: Oh, and..

Adapt - (Almost-Default Animated Portraits) - This changes unit frames (you and your target's portraits) from static 2D images to fully animated 3D frames. Really worth looking in to if you're looking to improve the look of your UI.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
KTM
Necrosis (warlock must mod)
Titan panel
Xperl Unit frames (looks amazing and has 3d portraits)
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
Ometh is all you need. 50+ addons in one!
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Anyone know of any good addons that i should get for wow????Clutch22

I recommend Cosmos, it is a "bundle" of mods and gives you basically everything you need.

FOr action bars, I like either Bongos or Trinity Bars.

Then there are countless class-specific mods. If you are shaman, get a good totem system...the one I used had four buttons (one for each totem class) but when you scrolled over the button, the list would expand sort of like windows start button. very handy, especially since you have about 30 different totems by level 60. For rogue you should get an energy meter that you can place in the middle of your screen so you dont have to stare at the top left corner of the screen the whole time.