World in conflict demo discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raf4000
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts

World in conflict demo is out! Im downloading now, having played the beta myself im interested in seeing how it matches up to the beta and what improvments/Changes have been made.

If you dont have the demo you can get it Here or on GS here

I also here its single player so it will be interesting to see what that plays like too.

Post your thoughts and screenshots if possible here.

rapstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rapstyle
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
Maybe I'll try that.
TAneverdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TAneverdie
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

The first link wont let me DL it.

edit: and im getting 12kbps at gamespot.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raf4000
try again, its working pretty good for me
dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
First link is working for me and I download with 140kb/s
TAneverdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TAneverdie
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts
there we go now it works, 850ish kbps
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I've just been playing it.
WOW! What an excellent, action-packed RTS.
It's very well optimized too. I can play it smoothly on my outdated PC, granted, at lower settings. (FX5500, Intel Celeron D). :P
I do enjoy Company of Heroes more, TBH, but that may be due to the fact that I enjoy WW2 games more than modern-day games (though modern-day is excellent too of course) and I enjoy the base construction and the collection/defence of resource points (though this has that sort of thing too!).

Oh, and yes, you get multiplayer, the tutorial, a campaign mission and a skirmish map.

I will definately be getting this, along with Universe at War and Opposing Fronts. :)

If you enjoy RTS games and you arn't downloading this, don't sit around, follow the links and go download World in Conflict!
raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raf4000
Yes it is well optimised, when i first played it, it was lagging out my core 2 2.6Ghz.. Not its working on old a celeron... thats what i call optimisation!
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Game is fun and brings a new view to the RTS, but from my point of view its VERY poorly optimized. I have to run on medium with my rig and it still lags on artillary strikes. Still looks good, but it looks like it would take an SLI system to run on high. Physics are amazing =) hit a powerline and see lol.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
This game is awesome! I'm running everything on high with my Q6600(i'm not sure if this game uses this to the full potential *shrug*), 2g of RAM, 7600GT @ 1024x 768. I love the setting that it is in, kinda scary that they thought this sort of thing could happen back in the day. I will def, buy this game when it comes out :)
kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts

umm, that's weird

check your drivers

SirWeymont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SirWeymont
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts

i have everything on full blast.... running with a duo 6700, 8800 gtx, and 2 gigs of 800 mhz ram. so far the game is impressive.

i do wish that other companies would use the CoH engine!!!

grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 grarap
Member since 2004 • 5780 Posts
I'm actually pretty dissapointed by the demo. The voice acting is cheesy, the graphics mediocre and the action too biased towards tanks and artillery. I'm hoping that the demo isn't part of the final build - I was really looking forward to this game.
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts

I'm actually pretty dissapointed by the demo. The voice acting is cheesy, the graphics mediocre and the action too biased towards tanks and artillery. I'm hoping that the demo isn't part of the final build - I was really looking forward to this game.grarap

Well the game went gold so yea the mission is mission 3, but i had a really crazy game with the computers

grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 grarap
Member since 2004 • 5780 Posts

[QUOTE="grarap"]I'm actually pretty dissapointed by the demo. The voice acting is cheesy, the graphics mediocre and the action too biased towards tanks and artillery. I'm hoping that the demo isn't part of the final build - I was really looking forward to this game.ferret837

Well the game went gold so yea the mission is mission 3, but i had a really crazy game with the computers

It was crazy, I'll grant you that, but it seemed as if my men were barely dying on normal difficulty, and the constant artillery I was granted totally overpowered the Soviets. It's true that the demo could have been tweaked to give the player a greater feel of the game though, I admit.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I played the beta as well. I have not had time to play the demo yet though.
Anthony9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Anthony9000
Member since 2006 • 2173 Posts

The demo is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G just like the two betas =)

its got like-like AI, awesome multiplayer, awesome campaign, perfect optimization, wonderful graphics, realistic physics, cover, great team-play, unique, 3 civs, lots of maps, lots of options, mega map, 4 roles, 16 player multiplayer, best support i've ever seen in a game, very realistic sounds, great effects and explosions, Tacticle Nuke, Tacticle Aids (spelling error?), special abilities, no building, no resource gathering, best cinematics in campaign, good voice acting, campaign is around 10 to 15 hours long (i heard).........OMG.....i could go on forever!...o and did i mention ADDICTING TOO!!!11111

*goes back to playing world in conflict*

pyeeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pyeeater
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

Love the demo , one question -

Can you set up LAN games in the demo ?

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Game is fun and brings a new view to the RTS, but from my point of view its VERY poorly optimized. I have to run on medium with my rig and it still lags on artillary strikes. Still looks good, but it looks like it would take an SLI system to run on high. Physics are amazing =) hit a powerline and see lol.Swiftstrike5

Something must be wrong because my rig (E6600 @ 3 GHz, 7900GT 512MB, 2GB RAM) runs the game smoothly at 1680x1050 with everything maxed out except AA, AF, and shadows.
The game is amazing, by the way. I really like the heavy focus on action and tactics, as well as the game "requiring you to while not requiring you to" use teamwork to win. Also, the sound and the graphics are top notch.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I found the demo to be absolutely amazing, so those saying that it's not a good game clearly don't understand RTS games that well. The many air-strikes and artillery strikes are amazing. The graphics look good too for it being a RTS,,,i'll definitely be getting this game.