WItcher 3 or DA: Inquisition?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

innominatus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 innominatus2
Member since 2011 • 52 Posts

As in poll. Guesing from what we arleady know, which one looks more promising? Both are scheduled for 2014r. and in can be an iteresting duel.

The last interations didn't even compare. Witcher 2 fought agains TES:Skyrim for title of best RPG, but was beaten. DA2 was outclassed by both.

Also, i can't help feelind Witcher 3 has a much better marketing than Dragon Age, which is weird given how much bigger EA than CD Project. Withcer 3 is talked about Witcher 3 has a superb trailer, Witcher 3 has a cool devblog, and a issue of Gameinformer edicated to it.

Everyone i talked to seems to think W3 will be better, even tough we can now only speculate, and Bioware seems to have learned their lesson after DA2.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
CD Projekt hasn't let me down yet and I see no reason to believe they will.
punk2k6x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 punk2k6x
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

How about both :shock:

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Obviously, The Witcher 3. But I will probably get Dragon Age 3 (90% sure), it will be very good. I need more RPGs in my life.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Witcher 3, even though DA: Inquisition is sounding better than DA II I am still not convinced completely. :)

The Witcher series has been great from the start.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Witcher 3 is my vote.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

Going by dev history: Witcher 3. (CD Projekt RED are good devs, BioWare has only disappointed me starting with KOTOR (BG1+2 were good though and so were the map editor stuff in NWN))
Going by what is being promised: Dragon Age: Inquistion (I am not so sure I like what I hear about Witcher 3, however, the stuff I hear about Dragon Age: Inquistion is making me very interested, I really hope they are being honest though)

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

No contest...Witcher 3 for me gentlemen!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

The Witcher shits all over DA:I

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Witcher 3 obviously looks more promising giving it's recent track record but I want DA:I to do well since I was a huge fan of DA:O and it's lore. I'm definitely going to end up buying both though.
JamesJoule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JamesJoule
Member since 2012 • 398 Posts

u said it .. witcher 3 is stealing the show so far ..

the new unexperienced tiny team that made only 2 games in the past and doesn't have any unlimited sources of money like bioware's EA made the most amazing rpg series yet .. with an outstanding engine and they are beating the huge bioware that are making rpgs since the 80s or something

CDPR----> RESPECT

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
Don't force! :( I think I'll choose both :P
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Witcher 3, Witcher 2 was incredible and it sounds like they're improving on it in every way. Not to mention the open world concept sounds really great.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I don't see why I have to choose.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I was impressed by the very small bit of DA I saw.  With that said, I didn't think I would like the first ones gameplay adn I don't know how much different this one is.  Also, can noone get a drgon to fly smoothly!?  Skyrim and this have dragons that rubber band like mad.  

The Witcher 3 seems more promising and up my alley.  TW3 has so much potential it is insane, but could go either way.

lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts

Witcher 3 not even close and I want DA3.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Witcher 3, obviously.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Ill get the Witcher 3 on release date and DA: Inquisition when it goes on sale or something.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of either franchise. Dragon Age is extremely detailed and large in scope but feels too familiar leaning so close to traitional fantasy lore. The Witcher's satisfyingly dark with interesting twists and strangely gratifying combat, but I never quite enjoyed the third person hack 'n slashing, the UI or the obnoxious characters in the 2nd instalment.

I'd lean towards TW3 but I've yet to become a CD Projekt fanboy like a lot of people, they may give free DLC and kiss up to PC gamers and whatnot, but a lot of companies start off in shallow water and end up in the middle of the ocean once they've gained popularity i.e. Bioware from Baldurs Gate to ToR and DAII.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of either franchise. Dragon Age is extremely detailed and large in scope but feels too familiar leaning so close to traditional fantasy lore. The Witcher's satisfyingly dark with interesting twists and strangely gratifying combat (1st game), but I never quite enjoyed the third person hack 'n slashing, the UI or the obnoxious characters in the 2nd instalment.

I'd lean towards TW3 but I've yet to become a CD Projekt fanboy like a lot of people, they may give free DLC and kiss up to PC gamers and whatnot, but a lot of companies start off in shallow water and end up in the middle of the ocean once they've gained popularity i.e. Bioware from Baldurs Gate to ToR and DAII. I'll most likely think differently if TW3 and CyberPunk impress.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
CDPR are a superior dev but i enjoyed DA:O over TW2 by quite a bit and if DA3 is anything close to the Origins then DA3>>>>TW3.
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts
As it stands, definitely The Witcher 3. I'm not going to say DA:I looks bad, but what I'm seeing... Is not what I was hoping/expecting at all, so I need to see more to make a proper decision, but TW3 takes the lead as of now.
padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

I like DA's party based system and the fact that we create the main character a lot. The Witcher 2 however was a pretty good game. I'd say it will be very interesting to see how this two games turn out.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elann2008

I like DA's party based system and the fact that we create the main character a lot. The Witcher 2 however was a pretty good game. I'd say it will be very interesting to see how this two games turn out.

padaporra
Dragon Age 2, you played as Hawke. And a very generic character at that. DAO's character creation was wafer thin.
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

This is the easiest poll that I've ever voted in.

TW3 by a lightyear.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
Dragon Age Origins is one of the best WRPG's I have played to date... two was mediocre. The Witcher was a great game... two was superb. Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition... Both can end up being amazing so I'm going to have to say both.
Dequan1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dequan1233
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts
I wanna try out Inquisition just because Dragon Age Origins was the boss and I have never played dragon age 2.
iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

u said it .. witcher 3 is stealing the show so far ..

the new unexperienced tiny team that made only 2 games in the past and doesn't have any unlimited sources of money like bioware's EA made the most amazing rpg series yet .. with an outstanding engine and they are beating the huge bioware that are making rpgs since the 80s or something

CDPR----> RESPECT

JamesJoule

They own the DD platform with the second highest revenue (after Steam) - they're not a tiny studio. Not the behemoth that EA is, but 'lack of funds' isn't a looming threat.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts
Well, Dragon Age Origins was a massive pile of shit and everyone thought that the sequel was worse, while botb Witcher games have been fantastic so far. So...god, I don't know. Tough choice.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elann2008
Well, Dragon Age Origins was a massive pile of shit and everyone thought that the sequel was worse, while botb Witcher games have been fantastic so far. So...god, I don't know. Tough choice. Planeforger
There was a particular section of the game that I disliked very much in DAO.. the one that was like a labyrinth, and you transform into a mouse, etc. It was stupid and bad. lol. I thought the combat in DAO was horrible in terms of physical, fluid combat. DA2 nailed the physicality a lot better and combat was more visceral and satisfying, reacting to your every command and button press. I've said before, if they combine the best of both worlds, they could have a winner with Dragon Age Inquisition. It took me more than a few tries to get into DAO, but it eventually grew on me. Dragon Age 2, despite the naysayers, I actually liked but it was plagued with repetitive environments, and Hawke the main character was generic as fvk. Like I said, combine the best of the two and make a great game.
Spoonoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Spoonoop
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

BOTH

I actually have yet to play any kind of Witcher game. What got me intrigued about Witcher 3, and Dragon Age 3 for that matter, was the fact that they both have huge open worlds, and I am a sucker for open world games of any kind, especailly RPGs

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008

BOTH

I actually have yet to play any kind of Witcher game. What got me intrigued about Witcher 3, and Dragon Age 3 for that matter, was the fact that they both have huge open worlds, and I am a sucker for open world games of any kind, especailly RPGs

Spoonoop
Open-world games are slowly becoming more common. Of course, they will never match the quantitative linear games. That doesn't go without saying, I hope open-world games never get to the point where people complain "there are too many open world games."
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#33 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I like the Witcher universe better, but I will most likely get both. 

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Bioware has sort of acquired a history of overpromising/underdelivering, IMO.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Dark Souls 2.

innominatus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 innominatus2

Thanks for responses.

For people answering both etc. i would like to underline that i have ask which game look more promising. We can't judge the game themselfs for neither is ready. CD Project has not dissapointed us yet, but lets, thell it honetly it will happen sooner or later - they have made only three game so far,

Which leads me to another question:

Do you activly follow the news for W3 or DA:I ? Or just for one of them? I must say i follow only W3 news, with Da:I only when they pop on top pages, and even then not always. 

W3 is definetally more hyped, yet me must admit CD PROJECT advertises in a very good manner. We  don't have a feeling we are being fed marketing garbage. 

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Well lets see... One is being coldly slammed together by a developer that cares more about day one DLC than anything else, a publisher that's voted twice the worst company of America and will most likely be chock full of Origin DRM and micro-transactions and a DLC salesman. The other is being lovingly made by a group of gamers that actually loves gaming and cares about the community, won't ship with DRM and will most likely have free DLC in the form of an enhanced edition. Sooo... Witcher 3 for me.
Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

The Witcher 3 , because EA forcing me to use Origin crap DRM.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

The Witcher games have generally been decent and interesting flawed gems. Dragon Age: Origins was boring as fvck and I didn't bother with the second game.

1Wikipedia: Year 1 (I) was a common year

Morrydwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Morrydwen
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts
Neither. Both Dragon Age 2 and Witcher 2 were consoleturds. This year I will be awaiting Divinity Original Sin. Next year: Project Eternity !!!
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#41 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Witcher 3, is this really even a contest? :looks at poll results: Oh, I guess not.
xReikenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xReikenx
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

As in poll. Guesing from what we arleady know, which one looks more promising? Both are scheduled for 2014r. and in can be an iteresting duel.

The last interations didn't even compare. Witcher 2 fought agains TES:Skyrim for title of best RPG, but was beaten. DA2 was outclassed by both.

Also, i can't help feelind Witcher 3 has a much better marketing than Dragon Age, which is weird given how much bigger EA than CD Project. Withcer 3 is talked about Witcher 3 has a superb trailer, Witcher 3 has a cool devblog, and a issue of Gameinformer edicated to it.

Everyone i talked to seems to think W3 will be better, even tough we can now only speculate, and Bioware seems to have learned their lesson after DA2.

innominatus2

I'm sorry but in the field of best RPG, The Witcher series always beat Oblivion and Skyrim. The story is just plain better, it's a very mature game, and it's not afraid to show it. Skyrim was a huge sandbox and thats all it's ever really had going for it besides being pretty. The modding community made this game just like every other Bethesda title. Witcher 3 is looking to blow bethesda out of the water and Cyberpunk 2077 is on the same boat apparently.

DA2 had super flashy awesome looking combat... Too bad that was all the game really had, the rest of it was the most hilarious copy paste job I have ever seen in a game. Because of this I'm rather nervous about Inquisition but it looks considerably more promising than the second game in its serious.

Between the two though, Witcher 3 hands down. CD Projekt Red has yet to let me down and they don't try to screw their player base over with DLC and free to play business elements in a game you already paid full price for. They're open to modding and, other than in consoles, all of their DLC has been free. Even when they release an enhanced version of the game, if you already bought it, they just give it to you. There's really no contest here.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#43 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
At the moment I'd pick The Witcher 3 as its the more ambitious of the two. I'm still very skeptical about CD Projekt as a developer. Will they take the time to polish this game and have it ready out of the box?
John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts

Assimilat0r
by that logic COD for u because BF4 has that crap Origin :P OT: Witcher 3 but it's nice to see bioware putting efforts in it If all done properly DA might surprise us all
xxxLUGZxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xxxLUGZxxx
Member since 2011 • 511 Posts

The answer is obvious: Both. 

innominatus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 innominatus2

[QUOTE="innominatus2"]

xReikenx

I'm sorry but in the field of best RPG, The Witcher series always beat Oblivion and Skyrim. The story is just plain better, it's a very mature game, and it's not afraid to show it. Skyrim was a huge sandbox and thats all it's ever really had going for it besides being pretty. The modding community made this game just like every other Bethesda title. Witcher 3 is looking to blow bethesda out of the water and Cyberpunk 2077 is on the same boat apparently.

DA2 had super flashy awesome looking combat... Too bad that was all the game really had, the rest of it was the most hilarious copy paste job I have ever seen in a game. Because of this I'm rather nervous about Inquisition but it looks considerably more promising than the second game in its serious.

Between the two though, Witcher 3 hands down. CD Projekt Red has yet to let me down and they don't try to screw their player base over with DLC and free to play business elements in a game you already paid full price for. They're open to modding and, other than in consoles, all of their DLC has been free. Even when they release an enhanced version of the game, if you already bought it, they just give it to you. There's really no contest here.

TES: Skyrim has won best RPG awards on most sites, and has won most polls among players. That i why i say it won the title of best  RPG. I don't know whether it is actually better or not, for i have not played it. I just always keep my fingers crossed for Witcher for i am a strong fan of it. I rememberfondly waitong impatiently as a teenager for Andrzej Sapkowski to publish his next book. ( yes, i am lucky to be from Poland. :D) 

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

seeing as I've seen gameplay of DA and it looked cool and I've seen no W3 gameplay and hated W1/W2 gameplay I'm going with DA. The huge problem with the witcher series is the combat, even skyrim's combat blows it out of the water and that's saying a lot.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

[QUOTE="Assimilat0r"]

John_Read

by that logic COD for u because BF4 has that crap Origin :P OT: Witcher 3 but it's nice to see bioware putting efforts in it If all done properly DA might surprise us all

Uhh well, i ment that both are very great games minor differences, and one of biggest problem i am STEAM addicted so thats i said why witcher 3, but if i earn enough money maybe i get both of them.  DAI looks really cool.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Both Witcher games are incredible and both Dragon Age games were unbearable, so naturally I'm rolling with CDPR again.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts

frackin' BOTH OF THEM!