Wireless Migrane Eruption

This topic is locked from further discussion.

robbieeeeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 robbieeeeee
Member since 2008 • 320 Posts

So me and three of my friends live in a house and we have one wireless router (linksys) and we're all able to get a decent single, good enough for me to play PS3 online without lagging. However, about a week ago for some reason I wasn't able to connect to our wireless (I have an iMac by the way). I wasn't even able to pick it up on my lists of networks. My other two roomates, whose rooms are right next to mine, have PC's and are able to view the wireless in thier lists but can't connect. My fourth roommate has the wireless router in his room and can connect to it.

I've tried resetting it, unplugging it, but nothing works. This JUST started happening and I'm confused.

Help!?

Snotweasel530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Snotweasel530
Member since 2010 • 636 Posts

Hmm... Poor/Dead Radio?

Try upgrading the firmware. ddwrt is good for linksys routers.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I think most likely is one of your friends kicked you to stop you using the bandwidth. Also some large metal object may have been moved in the way of the signal. If one of you has a laptop try seeing if their machine gets a signal in your room.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
lol, I thought you were about to say the wireless was giving you mgiraines. Also try changing your mac address... if it works, then guess what lol. They kicked you.