Windows Vista (I'm a noob)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AngelicMeiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AngelicMeiko
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

Hello,

I'm new to PC programs, any help is appreciated. Will I be able to install Windows Vista Premium over Windows XP? Here's the link I was looking at for purchasing Windows Vista:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646917

Is that ok to install over Windows XP? I have a 160 gig hd, 2 gigs of ram and a 64 bit dual core AMD processor 4800+. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Vanessa

karamiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 karamiyo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

rome total war.

Hi eveyrone. i've been playing rome total war for tree weeks now. and i want to add some more money. but i cant seem to open the Cheat menu. what buttons do i press? I've been tyring like this

AltGr+ ~ button then space...

what am i doing wrong?

AngelicMeiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AngelicMeiko
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

Uh... this doesn't answer my question ^^;

rome total war.

Hi eveyrone. i've been playing rome total war for tree weeks now. and i want to add some more money. but i cant seem to open the Cheat menu. what buttons do i press? I've been tyring like this

AltGr+ ~ button then space...

what am i doing wrong?

karamiyo
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
lol owned, i suspect he was reading your post and when trying to create a new post accidentally replied to yours, but....OWNED!!
Pcmonster87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pcmonster87
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
Yeah you can buy the upgrade version, still I suggest getting Ultimate upgrade it has alot more. Plus the cool dreamscene motion background which premium will not have.
subarusvx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 subarusvx
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
you shouldn't have any problems running it but...why would you want to? wait untill atleast the first service pack until you get it becasue as always when windows launches a new OS it is extreamly buggy!
EvoStvO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 EvoStvO
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts

Make shure you get the 64bit version..if your going for the ultimate edition

Pcmonster87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pcmonster87
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
^^And why is that? They don't have it yet. Well in the Upgrade Retail version that it
sparx1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sparx1414
Ok. in case anyone bought a computer recently that has windows vista pre-installed on it, this is what you do to make your computer better.

1.Go to generic electronics store
2.Buy windows XP
3.Reformat
4.Install.

That's all you have to do! your computer is now magical and does not have pointless things that noone wanted in the first place that take up all of your graphics card's effort. Also, the "how to use windows XP" instruction manual is probably already pre-installed in your brain!

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
yes, but I wouldn't recommend doing so... I installed Vista over XP 2 days ago and the internet browsing feels slower, games get terrible FPS, and there is way too much warnings about every fricking thing you want to do. I reinstalled XP this morning and couldn't be happier.
Gog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gog
Member since 2002 • 16376 Posts

Hello,

I'm new to PC programs, any help is appreciated. Will I be able to install Windows Vista Premium over Windows XP? Here's the link I was looking at for purchasing Windows Vista:

Is that ok to install over Windows XP? I have a 160 gig hd, 2 gigs of ram and a 64 bit dual core AMD processor 4800+. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Vanessa

AngelicMeiko

You can upgrade your current installation if it's XP Home you have now. If you have XP Pro, you'll have to do a clean install.

Glordit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Glordit
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts
[QUOTE="AngelicMeiko"]

Hello,

Thank You,

Vanessa

Gog

You can upgrade your current installation if it's XP Home you have now. If you have XP Pro, you'll have to do a clean install.

XP home = Vista home premium/ Basic XP pro = Vista Ultimate/Tablet/Buisness ect. BTW Don't get vista! yet too many stooooooopid things that slow down PC :cry: internet seems slower games are laggy and has a fit everytime you install a new program :(
mokeymark23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mokeymark23
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hi Vanessa,

Do you have XP Home or Professional? You can install Vista Premium over XP Home Edition, but if you have XP Pro, you have to install Vista Business or Ultimate.

Cheers,

Mark

sparx1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sparx1414
ooooorrrr you could reformat.

just saying
Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

Ok. in case anyone bought a computer recently that has windows vista pre-installed on it, this is what you do to make your computer better.

1.Go to generic electronics store
2.Buy windows XP
3.Reformat
4.Install.

That's all you have to do! your computer is now magical and does not have pointless things that noone wanted in the first place that take up all of your graphics card's effort. Also, the "how to use windows XP" instruction manual is probably already pre-installed in your brain!

sparx1414

10 Stars!!

LOL!

Avatar image for johnnythegamer2
johnnythegamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnnythegamer2
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts
Damn I was going to upgrade to Vista but it seems it is going downhill...
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Damn I was going to upgrade to Vista but it seems it is going downhill...johnnythegamer2

Where does it seem that it is going downhill? don't listen to anyone that says that it is good or bad, try it. In my case it's way better than XP and some have problems with it, but stupid blind hate like in some previous posts doesn't mean $&!%. And from a certain post I doubt that certain someone even tried Vista, but noooo it sucks.

Try it and decide, don't listen to others.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

doesnt windows vista come with new computers.

by micrsoft.

dainsanereview

Don't revive thread that have been dead for a year and a half...I was just starting to have faith in you. Windows vista is good by the way,for me there's only been 2 games its been incompatible with

Avatar image for czechgangster44
czechgangster44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 czechgangster44
Member since 2008 • 419 Posts
for your own sake, don't call yourself a "noob". if u do it signifies that u are officially a geek, which most gamers try to aviod,(we try to act normal).
G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts
Please don't bump threads that are more then a year old.