• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrAzY1312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrAzY1312
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts

Hey guys, I am just deciding on whether or not I should download the windows 8 consumer preview. Most of you will probably say why would you do that but I have always been someone who enjoys the latest things and I can always come back to windows 7.

My biggest issue is how well it works with games. I heard the first little while people were experiencing issues and I am just wondering if those issues have ebeen resolved.

I have a good gaming setup and I wanna make sure all of my things will run on the new version of windows. My OS runs off an SSD so all of my games and other software is located on my HDD. Will things like LucidLogix Virtu MVP run without any issues.

All help is greatly appreciated as I really want to experiece what microsoft has in store.

Thanks!!

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
You expected this. Why would you install unstable, in trials, software, even more an OS and expect to play games and do your usual stuff without a single problem? Wait for it to be released.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

when it's released it should work fine. People on this site hate it because it's designed in such a way that it will be good for tablets.

Tablets=Popular and if it's popular then it's overrated garbage. (According to PC gamers)

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
If you have a second PC that you don't really use, than install W8 on that. Otherwise don't bother.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

when it's released it should work fine. People on this site hate it because it's designed in such a way that it will be good for tablets.

Tablets=Popular Popular=Overrated Garbage (according to GS)

HyperWarlock
no people hate it because they removed useful staff most notably the damn start button Also people hate it because it seems to fit more into the tablet world rather the desktop world
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

adamosmaki

no people hate it because they removed useful staff most notably the damn start button Also people hate it because it seems to fit more into the tablet world rather the desktop world

That lost its function two OSs ago, it didn't get removed, it suffered a thing called evolution, also people have no idea what they're talking about since it works just fine with the mouse, the tablet functions that are altered on PC and in the end it all comes down to exactly every single word HyperWarlock said.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Humans hate change...it's a natural reaction from our species. Some people won't like Win8 which is fine, but others just talk out of their a** and say it's crap without even testing it.
MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

DanielDust

That lost its function two OSs ago, it didn't get removed, it suffered a thing called evolution, also people have no idea what they're talking about since it works just fine with the mouse, the tablet functions that are altered on PC and in the end it all comes down to exactly every single word HyperWarlock said.

It's not evolution if it's not replaced by a better mechanic.

The fact that you apparently have'nt touched the start button since Windows 98, does'nt make it obsolete.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"] no people hate it because they removed useful staff most notably the damn start button Also people hate it because it seems to fit more into the tablet world rather the desktop world MlauTheDaft

The fact that you apparently have'nt touched the start button since Windows 98, does'nt make it obsolete.

The Start Button isn't obsolete, I use it in Windows 7, but the start menu I use less and less each day. The inclusion of INSTANT SEARCH is just faster than the Start Menu. With Win8 all they have done is remove the start button. The Start Menu is still there and Instant Search works even better than Win7. I can understand if people are still using the Start Menu > All Programs > Scroll Down to Program > Open Folder > Click on EXE Icon etc, and that's fine... but you can't expect MS to wait for everyone to get tired of that or not try to improve their product.
MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] That lost its function two OSs ago, it didn't get removed, it suffered a thing called evolution, also people have no idea what they're talking about since it works just fine with the mouse, the tablet functions that are altered on PC and in the end it all comes down to exactly every single word HyperWarlock said.

FelipeInside

The Start Button isn't obsolete, I use it in Windows 7, but the start menu I use less and less each day. The inclusion of INSTANT SEARCH is just faster than the Start Menu. With Win8 all they have done is remove the start button. The Start Menu is still there and Instant Search works even better than Win7. I can understand if people are still using the Start Menu > All Programs > Scroll Down to Program > Open Folder > Click on EXE Icon etc, and that's fine... but you can't expect MS to wait for everyone to get tired of that or not try to improve their product.

Windows 8 does'nt provide an improved, or even a proper alternative. You're free to have your own opinion, but that's how I feel.

As far as I'm converned, MS is telling me to get withtheirtime because it suits them; the tablet GUI certainly is'nt for my sake. And we all know it'll end up mandatory. MS works hard for their unofficial monopoly.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I'm waiting for release. That $40 upgrade is very tempting. Metro UI will take some time to get use to, but it isn't so bad.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

MlauTheDaft

Windows 8 does'nt provide an improved, or even a proper alternative. You're free to have your own opinion, but that's how I feel.

As far as I'm converned, MS is telling me to get withtheirtime because it suits them; the tablet GUI certainly is'nt for my sake. And we all know it'll end up mandatory. MS works hard for their unofficial monopoly.

That's where people get it wrong. MS isn't telling anyone anything. If ur happy with 7 then no one if forcing anyone to upgrade. Heck, they are even supporting XP for another 2 years. Win7 will be supported easily for the next 10 years. Windows 8 isn't for everyone I guess. Some people really have trouble adapting to Metro which is understandable. BUT, some things in Win8 ARE better than Win7. To say "Windows 8 does'nt provide an improved, or even a proper alternative" is cause you are just concentrating on the Menu and not taking into consideration other factors. Of course I'm not saying Win8 is perfect. I am going to stick happily with my Win7 on my box, but what MS are trying to do with Win8 is very exciting indeed.
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
W8 is not necessarily bad. They're trying something new, and that's always good for the industry and future tech. I however won't get it because W8 is mainly about changing up the UI rather than introduce revolutionary ideas to improve gaming experience.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
W8 is not necessarily bad. They're trying something new, and that's always good for the industry and future tech. I however won't get it because W8 is mainly about changing up the UI rather than introduce revolutionary ideas to improve gaming experience. Kjranu
Very true, unless you consider the INSTANT RESTORE function something good for gamers, cause I see so many of them format and reinstall continuously....
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
I wouldn't. You will have to reformat at the end if there is no way to trick the official windows 8 installer to let you upgrade your version. (Windows 7 RC to release let you do this with a little tweak) Just go install windows 7 then upgrade to windows 8 when it comes out.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

windows 7 works perfect for gaming, windows 8 doesn't have any significative improvements in performance and it is clearly focused for mobile platfors. I wouldn't advice upgrading it, is not like and improvement like they did win xp > 7 (i just skipped vista, it was terrible)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

windows 7 works perfect for gaming, windows 8 doesn't have any significative improvements in performance and it is clearly focused for mobile platfors. I wouldn't advice upgrading it, is not like and improvement like they did win xp > 7 (i just skipped vista, it was terrible)

Krelian-co

A better term would be focused more on TOUCH devices. They don't need to be mobile.

thphaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 thphaca
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts

Though Windows 8 lacks the old start menu by default, there's still mods to recreate that:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/restore-the-start-menu-and-disable-metro-ui-in-windows-8/18767

I don't have any beef with Windows 8. It's no different than what Windows 7 was when it first came out: pretty colors, but not a practical upgrade for gamers. Then eventually people gave in and now we use Windows 7. The thing is, I think Windows 7 will last a very long time. The only thing that might hinder W7 is if M$ locks DirectX 12 to Windows 8 and DX9-11 become obsolete, but game devs wouldn't do that so soon as even DX9 has aged well. M$ will probably try their best to do that though. Remember how Halo 2 was Vista-only, even though people found a way to get it working on XP?

It comes down to hardware compatibility and DirectX at the end of the day. That's what will force clients to eventually move "forward."

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] The Start Button isn't obsolete, I use it in Windows 7, but the start menu I use less and less each day. The inclusion of INSTANT SEARCH is just faster than the Start Menu. With Win8 all they have done is remove the start button. The Start Menu is still there and Instant Search works even better than Win7. I can understand if people are still using the Start Menu > All Programs > Scroll Down to Program > Open Folder > Click on EXE Icon etc, and that's fine... but you can't expect MS to wait for everyone to get tired of that or not try to improve their product.FelipeInside

That's where people get it wrong. MS isn't telling anyone anything. If ur happy with 7 then no one if forcing anyone to upgrade.

And then a few years later support drops off and we're forced to conform to this stupid touchscreen crap. As someone who works in IT, this is'nt quite a good move. Change is good, forced rapid change for dumb reasons is not.

I'm gonna bet though that if an 'old style' GUI isn't offered as an alternative, it will backfire in their faces. Just like Vista fell to the side and Win7 is becomming the norm, the new WinXP. I live by the motto "Every other Windows release is trash." Buy XP, skip Vista, buy 7, skip 8, etc.

KLONE360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KLONE360
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts
Im sick of Windows, its getting worse and worse and less efficient ever since Windows Fisher Price, and I liked that one. But still,Steam should be coming to Linux and then a new era reborn, an era with no windows! We might become basement dwelling Dwemmer but we will extremely efficient at what we do. Thats not going to happen though, no DirectX no love. Win8 is the largest shift since they introduced XP I think. Its gonna be horrible till SP2 for most people.
neo_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 neo_87
Member since 2011 • 394 Posts

I would keep my windows 7 till Direct x 12 comes out and it is mandatory to buy windows 8 for my gaming.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

wis3boi

That's where people get it wrong. MS isn't telling anyone anything. If ur happy with 7 then no one if forcing anyone to upgrade.

And then a few years later support drops off and we're forced to conform to this stupid touchscreen crap. As someone who works in IT, this is'nt quite a good move. Change is good, forced rapid change for dumb reasons is not.

I'm gonna bet though that if an 'old style' GUI isn't offered as an alternative, it will backfire in their faces. Just like Vista fell to the side and Win7 is becomming the norm, the new WinXP. I live by the motto "Every other Windows release is trash." Buy XP, skip Vista, buy 7, skip 8, etc.

Probably MANY years later. Most businesses are still using XP which is what? 15 years old? And why the word "stupid"? Cause u don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

wis3boi

I agree with this. Change isn't always good. I don't believe in "what's popular." I buy what "i" like.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="KLONE360"]Im sick of Windows, its getting worse and worse and less efficient ever since Windows Fisher Price, and I liked that one. But still,Steam should be coming to Linux and then a new era reborn, an era with no windows! We might become basement dwelling Dwemmer but we will extremely efficient at what we do. Thats not going to happen though, no DirectX no love. Win8 is the largest shift since they introduced XP I think. Its gonna be horrible till SP2 for most people.

Worse and Worse? What are you smoking? Are you saying WinXP is worse than 95? Are you saying Win7 didn't improve on WinVista? Go back to Linux fanboy. \
KLONE360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KLONE360
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts
*Sigh* WinXp was Worse then 2000. 2000 was incredibly stable and a great OS all around WinVista can be disregarded as its not an OS its Malware in itself. Win7 I have had problems occur often that should not have occured for no reason but Gates wills it. They improve every version but with every version it becomes more bloated and haggard. Remember when Vista came out, 4gb just to run it, same thing on 7 unless you want to run into hitches or spend time playing with the OS to get it to play nice with the hardware. I dont use Linux daily as it is no games, I have delved into it of course but comparing WIN to Linux, Linux just works. I type something in it does EXACTLY as I told it to do and with Windows you just dont get that. Windows is getting to casual for a power user like me and with no alternative Im stuck on this tugboat. Have they gotten rid of the CMD yet? They have been trying for years but since its extremely useful if you actually want to solve a problem they havnt been able to.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="KLONE360"]*Sigh* WinXp was Worse then 2000. 2000 was incredibly stable and a great OS all around WinVista can be disregarded as its not an OS its Malware in itself. Win7 I have had problems occur often that should not have occured for no reason but Gates wills it. They improve every version but with every version it becomes more bloated and haggard. Remember when Vista came out, 4gb just to run it, same thing on 7 unless you want to run into hitches or spend time playing with the OS to get it to play nice with the hardware. I dont use Linux daily as it is no games, I have delved into it of course but comparing WIN to Linux, Linux just works. I type something in it does EXACTLY as I told it to do and with Windows you just dont get that. Windows is getting to casual for a power user like me and with no alternative Im stuck on this tugboat. Have they gotten rid of the CMD yet? They have been trying for years but since its extremely useful if you actually want to solve a problem they havnt been able to.

Sorry, but *sigh* at ur post. People need to stop living in the past and get on with the times. Vista had problems, probably the second worst OS after ME. If you put all the Service Packs and updates it becomes a lot better. I dont know what ur on about that it's Malware. Windows 7 is MS best OS to date. You've had problems occur, woopee doo. ALL OS have problems occur, I've seen both Linux and Mac OS go down with problems. If every OS didn't have issues there wouldn't be IT Technicians. And you have to be fair in the comparison, Windows does hundreds of thousands things more than Linux, since it has more applications for it. As for the RAM, again, get with the times. You think that every new OS is going to only need 65MB RAM when the norm now is 4GB? As for Linux does exactly what you want: well, learn to use Windows I guess, Windows does exactly what I want as well. Every version of Windows has been released to keep up with the technology market. Win8 keeps up with Tablets, Touch and Cloud Synchronization. MS isn't forcing anyone to upgrade. By the time Win7 is no longer supported and upgrade is needed you would have gone through 3 PCs.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

*Sigh* WinXp was Worse then 2000. 2000 was incredibly stable and a great OS all around WinVista can be disregarded as its not an OS its Malware in itself. Win7 I have had problems occur often that should not have occured for no reason but Gates wills it. They improve every version but with every version it becomes more bloated and haggard. Remember when Vista came out, 4gb just to run it, same thing on 7 unless you want to run into hitches or spend time playing with the OS to get it to play nice with the hardware. I dont use Linux daily as it is no games, I have delved into it of course but comparing WIN to Linux, Linux just works. I type something in it does EXACTLY as I told it to do and with Windows you just dont get that. Windows is getting to casual for a power user like me and with no alternative Im stuck on this tugboat. Have they gotten rid of the CMD yet? They have been trying for years but since its extremely useful if you actually want to solve a problem they havnt been able to.KLONE360

Linux is one of the worst OS's out there...
More than half of the things Windows does...linux cant...and those things that Linux can do Windows does them better...

WTF are you talking about...Windows is the only OS....the only one....The other OS's are so far behind you cannot even compare them to Windows!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"] no people hate it because they removed useful staff most notably the damn start button Also people hate it because it seems to fit more into the tablet world rather the desktop world MlauTheDaft

How is the old start better than the new start? new start displays alot more information, one click and i can see every single app on my computer ... instead of navigating folders. and search is also one click away. Old start was outdated.... new start does everything it did and more.
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

This is a consumer centric OS. Any business that is going to "think" about this is retarded. Most business like others have said are on XP or are just now getting around to migrating all their stuff to Windows 7 which means making sure their specific software for the company and their deployment methods are going to work and fit their needs. They aren't going to scrap this just for Windows 8 when I'm sure they have been planning this for sometime now.

A lot of people I deal with now are still on Server 2003 running whatever.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Gabe doesn't like Windows 8. Gabe owns Valve. Valve owns Steam. We love Steam. We love Valve. We love Gabe. We don't like Windows 8.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="KLONE360"]*Sigh* WinXp was Worse then 2000. 2000 was incredibly stable and a great OS all around WinVista can be disregarded as its not an OS its Malware in itself. Win7 I have had problems occur often that should not have occured for no reason but Gates wills it. They improve every version but with every version it becomes more bloated and haggard. Remember when Vista came out, 4gb just to run it, same thing on 7 unless you want to run into hitches or spend time playing with the OS to get it to play nice with the hardware. I dont use Linux daily as it is no games, I have delved into it of course but comparing WIN to Linux, Linux just works. I type something in it does EXACTLY as I told it to do and with Windows you just dont get that. Windows is getting to casual for a power user like me and with no alternative Im stuck on this tugboat. Have they gotten rid of the CMD yet? They have been trying for years but since its extremely useful if you actually want to solve a problem they havnt been able to.rhazzy

Linux is one of the worst OS's out there...
More than half of the things Windows does...linux cant...and those things that Linux can do Windows does them better...

WTF are you talking about...Windows is the only OS....the only one....The other OS's are so far behind you cannot even compare them to Windows!

Lunix isn't an os
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside
Gabe doesn't like Windows 8. Gabe owns Valve. Valve owns Steam. We love Steam. We love Valve. We love Gabe. We don't like Windows 8.Hexagon_777
Funny how people love Steam NOW, but remember the hate it got when it came out? People on this same forum going crazy cause of its DRM and saying they would never use it. Same thing will happen with Win8.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Gabe doesn't like Windows 8. Gabe owns Valve. Valve owns Steam. We love Steam. We love Valve. We love Gabe. We don't like Windows 8.FelipeInside
Funny how people love Steam NOW, but remember the hate it got when it came out? People on this same forum going crazy cause of its DRM and saying they would never use it. Same thing will happen with Win8.

Did Windows Vista ever get the love Steam did in the end? :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Gabe doesn't like Windows 8. Gabe owns Valve. Valve owns Steam. We love Steam. We love Valve. We love Gabe. We don't like Windows 8.Hexagon_777

No, Windows Vista was pretty bad. Second worst MS OS after ME. If you actually install the 3 Service Packs and all the updates, it becomes an OK OS, but I would rather have either XP or Win7.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Funny how people love Steam NOW, but remember the hate it got when it came out? People on this same forum going crazy cause of its DRM and saying they would never use it. Same thing will happen with Win8.FelipeInside

No, Windows Vista was pretty bad. Second worst MS OS after ME. If you actually install the 3 Service Packs and all the updates, it becomes an OK OS, but I would rather have either XP or Win7.

wut

patched up it's pretty much exactly the same as 7, just a bit slower and a worse task bar. The problem with it was the move from 32bit to 64bit broke some applications, and killed all 16bit code. Also they dumped a lot of legacy hardware. If something doesn't work in Vista, it won't work on 7 as long as it's not boot related or something. (win 7 has a seperate partition for BOOT)

Also one major ommition is TRIM support.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
windows 8 is like AOL, apparently they did not learn from that. I wish another os is made so we get rid of windows.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Did Windows Vista ever get the love Steam did in the end? :P

JigglyWiggly_

wut

patched up it's pretty much exactly the same as 7, just a bit slower and a worse task bar. The problem with it was the move from 32bit to 64bit broke some applications, and killed all 16bit code. Also they dumped a lot of legacy hardware. If something doesn't work in Vista, it won't work on 7 as long as it's not boot related or something. (win 7 has a seperate partition for BOOT)

Like I said, patched up it's OK but it's far from WIn7. It has heaps of issues on Domain Networks compared to XP and 7. (one big reason most IT Support haven't updated their PCs to Vista and have gone straight to 7).
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside
windows 8 is like AOL, apparently they did not learn from that. I wish another os is made so we get rid of windows.dakan45
Then stop using Windows if it bothers people that much.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] No, Windows Vista was pretty bad. Second worst MS OS after ME. If you actually install the 3 Service Packs and all the updates, it becomes an OK OS, but I would rather have either XP or Win7.FelipeInside

wut

Like I said, patched up it's OK but it's far from WIn7. It has heaps of issues on Domain Networks compared to XP and 7. (one big reason most IT Support haven't updated their PCs to Vista and have gone straight to 7).

what heaps of issues
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DanielDust
windows 8 is like AOL, apparently they did not learn from that. I wish another os is made so we get rid of windows.dakan45
Because people just want to look cool, they don't need things that work and things that work best at that, it always has to be something new and cool just as cool as hating something one doesn't fully comprehend, nope you never did use Win8, it isn't released. Here's another cool statement. Windows 16 is like Mc D's, they never learned anything, sure I don't know what I'm talking about but lul, somebody needs to make a new OS so that I can switch to it for absolutely no reason.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] wut

JigglyWiggly_

what heaps of issues

Well, maybe "heaps" was too strong a word, but plenty of bugs and things going wrong. Win7 seems to have fixed these things and is much smoother on a Domain.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]windows 8 is like AOL, apparently they did not learn from that. I wish another os is made so we get rid of windows.FelipeInside
Then stop using Windows if it bothers people that much.

Provide alternatives. NONE [QUOTE="DanielDust"] Because people just want to look cool, they don't need things that work and things that work best at that, it always has to be something new and cool just as cool as hating something one doesn't fully comprehend, nope you never did use Win8, it isn't released. Here's another cool statement. Windows 16 is like Mc D's, they never learned anything, sure I don't know what I'm talking about but lul, somebody needs to make a new OS so that I can switch to it for absolutely no reason.

well excuse me for wanting an OS that goes further than a typical click- ity- click tablet. An os that i can dig into it. If ms is gonna go after apple tablets, then we need a new os, if it wasnt fo games, i would be using linux.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Then stop using Windows if it bothers people that much.

Provide alternatives. NONE [QUOTE="DanielDust"] Because people just want to look cool, they don't need things that work and things that work best at that, it always has to be something new and cool just as cool as hating something one doesn't fully comprehend, nope you never did use Win8, it isn't released. Here's another cool statement. Windows 16 is like Mc D's, they never learned anything, sure I don't know what I'm talking about but lul, somebody needs to make a new OS so that I can switch to it for absolutely no reason.

well excuse me for wanting an OS that goes further than a typical click- ity- click tablet. An os that i can dig into it. If ms is gonna go after apple tablets, then we need a new os, if it wasnt fo games, i would be using linux.

What alternatives you want? There is Google OS, Linux and Mac. I don't understand what more people want from Windows. It does more things than both Mac and Linux combined, yet people still complain.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dakan45
you cant play games in those systems, not most of them anyways. How about good oses? after xp, vista needed fixing, win7 was a fixed version of vista and win8 looks like a joke. How about stop trying to kill the pc platform with windows live crap? But it makes sense ms wanats to undermine pc gaming, they get a cut from every x360 game sold. But do you know how they will 100% put some damn effort into it? When a os rivals theirs, when they got competition. 100% proven fact in this business, but with monopoly on pc gaming, you wont get much. When a game has a pc version nowdays its 100% of the time on windows. If the game is good enough a mac version may follow and you may manage to run it in linux with some sanbdox or wine, but it will look and run like crap, its not like current console ports run well on our powerfull pcs. I trully hope google makesa good os . We need competition. Why you dont get that? its like cpus and gpus and consoles, there is always a rival.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="dakan45"]you cant play games in those systems, not most of them anyways. How about good oses? after xp, vista needed fixing, win7 was a fixed version of vista and win8 looks like a joke. How about stop trying to kill the pc platform with windows live crap? But it makes sense ms wanats to undermine pc gaming, they get a cut from every x360 game sold. But do you know how they will 100% put some damn effort into it? When a os rivals theirs, when they got competition. 100% proven fact in this business, but with monopoly on pc gaming, you wont get much. When a game has a pc version nowdays its 100% of the time on windows. If the game is good enough a mac version may follow and you may manage to run it in linux with some sanbdox or wine, but it will look and run like crap, its not like current console ports run well on our powerfull pcs. I trully hope google makesa good os . We need competition. Why you dont get that? its like cpus and gpus and consoles, there is always a rival.

So you are basing ur opinion on GAMING and nothing else? So what if Windows has a monopoly on games. Games on Win7 work better and more stable than they did on Windows XP. If games worked worse with each version of Windows then I would understand ur point for competition, but as now it's invalid. Windows Live Crap? NEWS FLASH: u don't like it, DON'T use it. Simple. Why do people always think that something that is offered must be USED. I think that the latest Windows Live things that MS are offering FOR FREE are great, where with Mac you have to pay for them and with Linux they aren't even available. And why do we need more competition? So developers have even a harder time to port their games to each OS and create buggy ports? They already have to deal with XBOX, Playstation, Windows and sometimes even MAC.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Provide alternatives. NONE [QUOTE="DanielDust"] Because people just want to look cool, they don't need things that work and things that work best at that, it always has to be something new and cool just as cool as hating something one doesn't fully comprehend, nope you never did use Win8, it isn't released. Here's another cool statement. Windows 16 is like Mc D's, they never learned anything, sure I don't know what I'm talking about but lul, somebody needs to make a new OS so that I can switch to it for absolutely no reason.

What alternatives you want? There is Google OS, Linux and Mac. I don't understand what more people want from Windows. It does more things than both Mac and Linux combined, yet people still complain.

Whati s Google OS? Android? It's Lunix based. Perhaps you mean Chrome OS? That's also based off of Lunix. You guys realize Lunix isn't an operating system right?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside
^^ Yes, they are all based on Linux. I was just trying to be more simple and stating the popular versions, like Chrome OS (thanks for correcting me, I tend to call it Google OS). I think Ubuntu is the most popular one as well. (Which I tend to call plain Linux for some reason). PS: yes yes, I need to get my naming right :P
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dakan45
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] So you are basing ur opinion on GAMING and nothing else? So what if Windows has a monopoly on games. Games on Win7 work better and more stable than they did on Windows XP. If games worked worse with each version of Windows then I would understand ur point for competition, but as now it's invalid. Windows Live Crap? NEWS FLASH: u don't like it, DON'T use it. Simple. Why do people always think that something that is offered must be USED. I think that the latest Windows Live things that MS are offering FOR FREE are great, where with Mac you have to pay for them and with Linux they aren't even available. And why do we need more competition? So developers have even a harder time to port their games to each OS and create buggy ports? They already have to deal with XBOX, Playstation, Windows and sometimes even MAC.

WTF? serioulsy WTF? Yes i base it on "gaming" wtf woudl i base my opinon on a forum about pc gaming? :roll: No games do not run better on 7, i get the best compability out of old games on xp, there are games that dont even run properly on xp. Most of the games are console ports anyway that use dx9, so whats the deal? I am still using xp in one of my hardware and most games work better. So i dissagree completly with what you say. Windows live is crap and games use it, its not me who uses it, games use it. GOT IT? Ms made it crap on purpuse, hell in the past you had to go to xboxlive.com to make an account, they dont care about pc gaming, they only care about x360 and it really shows. Yes we do need competition, evenrything has competition, as for buggy ports, are you imply even for a second that the cheapass job they do with the pc version nowdays is a proper port? We need a better os so we can get rid of MS and gamedevelopers find a better platform to make games. end of thread, i have nothing more to say. Feel free to question those things as well but just like last time, EVERYTHING was pretty damn clear, it does not need any further explanation.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FelipeInside

Clearly you hate MS so there is no more point arguing against a hater that can't see past his hate.

I'll answer some of your posts even though I shouldn't bother:

- Gaming isn't everything an OS does and shouldn't be reviewed on that, even if we are on a gaming forum

- Most games run better and more stable on Win7. Older games run on Win7. REALLY REALLY old games sometimes have trouble running on Win7. Do some research before disagreeing. Of course it depends on the hardware too. If you have a Pentium 3 and you put Win7 on it well.... I'm just judging based on the recommened requirements of both the game and the OS.

- You are talking about GFWL (Games for Windows Live). Windows Live is entirely something else.

- We need a better OS to get rid of MS so game developers find a better platform? Do you even proof-read what you just said? Or is it the hate? Tell me, what things does Windows get REALLY WRONG compared to other OS.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dakan45

Clearly you hate MS FelipeInside

no But clearly you dont get anything despite being as clear as they can possibly be, so ill stop arguing wtih you. Lets continue praise ms till that company decides to throw us a bone since we dont buy into their gaming system and their tablets.