Will you be playing Dota 2 or LoL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bluetadomonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bluetadomonk
Member since 2011 • 449 Posts
Just curious when Dota 2 comes out which game you'll be playing. I'm going to try out Dota 2 and if i like it more I'll probably switch over. I do like the graphics more though I know they're different artstyles but just my preference.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Dota 2, it's all I wanted from a moba, all the good from LoL the few good things from HoN and none of the bad (community might be the only bad thing about this game, I doubt it'll be as good as LoL).
bluetadomonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bluetadomonk
Ya i agree with you and hopefully they'll have a few different maps to choose from maybe not right away but within a few months
epichotcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 epichotcheese
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts

Neither because the community sucks. People are just arguing about which game is better instead of enjoy the actual game itself.

bluetadomonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bluetadomonk
Or maybe people are just wondering where the community will go when its out?
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
Neither. The communities are trash and the games themselves aren't very appealing.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Why not both?
Pokemaster1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pokemaster1337
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

Dota 2 is just better, more fun in both casual and competitive gameplay.

In LoL you can't lol own so hard in pubs and top games are just boring farmfest.

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts

In LoL you can't lol own so hard in pubs and top games are just boring farmfest.

Pokemaster1337
That is the problem with LoL, games are just incredibly boring, with endless ricing, few ganks and extremely dull plays.
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

I played LoL a few times, but it just seemed like a simplified version of DotA and the games were really boring.

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

Ill be playing Dota 2, btw as of yesterday you can sign up for the beta

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Dunno yet. Ill wait the LoLs shiny project first and then ill decide.

DOTA 2 ( watched the matches today and yesterday ) seems to have pretty solid map artistically and technically but its champions seriously ( most of them ) lacks some personality to make them feel unique and fun to play with them..

For example is not so cool to be just a biggie bug without any personality as of design , you supposed to be a badass hero you should look like one. SPECTRE for example looks awesome. But most of the others dont.

LoL on the other hand need seriously graphic upgrade of maps and most of its heroes skins but damn , LoL got some of the best heros ever. Full of personality.

For example VLAD is look really like a vamp and his SKILLS are based on "vampires". He feels unique.Annie looks seriously like the diabolical little innocent girl with her big BAD bear , or warwick is the bad big werewolf and many many more. If they finish SHINY PROJECT , which will add way better graphics on maps and hero skins along with better spell FXs and all i might consider stay in LoL.

So both have their issues ( for me at least ). Its either DOTA 2 give a more lively and intensive personality to most of its heroes or LoL make a serious upgrade to its looks to come a bit close to a 2011 game looks.

As for their mechanics i love both games so the only issue is what looks better and what gives me what i need. Which is intensive fights , cool heroes and fun .

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Probably neither.. DOTA communities are a collection of the biggest jackasses around..
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="Pokemaster1337"]

Shadowhawk000
That is the problem with LoL, games are just incredibly boring, with endless ricing, few ganks and extremely dull plays.

Hahahaha. How many matches did you play exactly?
sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

Dota 2 mostly . ill play LoL also but not much just cause nuch of my friends play lol. im goin to try to convert them to dota thou

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

HoN

Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
Dota 2
Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

Unless Dota 2 will be free and as fair on the free part as LoL, then I'll stick to LoL until the most convenient major Steam sale comes up.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
From watching that tournament stuff, I think Dota 2 at this point.
Cazador64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cazador64
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts
DotA 2. I just hope it's going to feel fresh enough.
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

neither really appeal to me

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
Dota 2 mainly because it will be integrated with steam.. lol.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

As a longtime DotA player, I can't stand that casualised dumbed down oversimplified pile of trash that is LoL. DotA 2 of course, though I don't really like all the 'flashiness' and the voiceovers.

Avatar image for -tears-run-red-
-tears-run-red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -tears-run-red-
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
I like how this poll leaves out the better of the 3 games, Heroes of Newerth. Which is what I will be playing.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

LoL only because it's free. I'm not big into MOBA games, but I'll play a few matches with my buddies every now and then.

Serial-No_3404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Serial-No_3404
Member since 2007 • 2876 Posts
No for Dota 2. I couldn't stand the first for some reason. I haven't tried LoL though mainly cause it seems like it's like Dota.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DanielDust
I like how this poll leaves out the better of the 3 games, Heroes of Newerth. Which is what I will be playing.-tears-run-red-
Good for you but it's the same conclusion you reached, nobody cares, as for it being better, a so called "hardcore" moba that isn't competitive at all compared to the "casual" LoL, that made all the wrong choices going free 2 play, yeah, I'd say that's better than a constantly evolving game with a huge community and large competitive scene, with DotA 2 taking the "hardcore mechanics" and everything that is good from LoL.
Pokemaster1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pokemaster1337

[QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"][QUOTE="Pokemaster1337"]

killab2oo5

Hahahaha. How many matches did you play exactly?

I? Over 2500.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I'm still not sure if I like the genre. Yesterday I did paly my first real LoL match outside the tutorials. I was killed 17 times and did kill no enemy Hero or Turret, but mostly due my Hero was melee and I have no experience playing. That wasn't a problem, but the fact that one of the guys in my team call me "stupid" and was pointing me due "I was feeding the other team with my dies" was a bit annoying:

This kind of behaviour isn't very appealing; I saw similar ones in some team vs team rts matches, but in MOBA trend to be more oftenly displayed.

I'll still trying LoL, due is free, but I'll leave if find it not funny or anoying. Will try the Dota 2 beta, but will only play the game if is free. BF3 and maybe DIII are enough to fill my mp need if the MOBA furor ends wrong.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DanielDust
If you're that bad you can always just make a training match and play against the AI.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

If you're that bad you can always just make a training match and play against the AI.DanielDust

Doesn't matter if I'm that bad. Players must accept that some of their victories are due sometimes the enemy team has some noobs. So why is then so hard to accept that sometimes your team is going to lose due you have a rookie? But some people just need to use insults just because is going to lose a game. Pathetic and inmature. I can improve my game, but those people will have a hard work to grow up as a person.

And anyway in my experience playing against bots in games as DoW, Starcraft or BC2 is useless towards ptreparing you to fight against human oponents.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DanielDust

Bots are never useless, LoL especially has great bots, how can learning how to play be useless anyway?

A strtegy game isn't exactly "press buttons and hope to win" like FPSs and such, more game time = more experience, it's frustrating to play a game that lasts on average 40 minutes per match and lose constantly because of new players that though they would be better, there are a lot of jerks like the ones you encountered but you'd be feel the same as them if it'd happen to you, unlike them you might keep it to yourself and not harass others because of that, but you'd feel the same.

Pokemaster1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pokemaster1337

Bots are never useless, LoL especially has great bots, how can learning how to play be useless anyway?

A strtegy game isn't exactly "press buttons and hope to win" like FPSs and such, more game time = more experience, it's frustrating to play a game that lasts on average 40 minutes per match and lose constantly because of new players that though they would be better, there are a lot of jerks like the ones you encountered but you'd be feel the same as them if it'd happen to you, unlike them you might keep it to yourself and not harass others because of that, but you'd feel the same.

DanielDust

LoL bots are very bad. DotA has way better bots.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59d151f079814

As a longtime DotA player, I can't stand that casualised dumbed down oversimplified pile of trash that is LoL. DotA 2 of course, though I don't really like all the 'flashiness' and the voiceovers.

QQabitmoar

So yea trying to figure this out.. How is LoL simplified from the original DOTA in Warcraft 3? LoL has the same amount of abilities, 4, has two summoning abilities that DOTA does not have, has a entire rune system.. And more heroes that can play way differently from one another.. Especially when heroes can have soem quite different builds.. This isn't suggesting that LoL is some how better or any other such thing.. THis claim just doesn't make sense.. Dumbed down? Oversimplified? In what way?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59d151f079814

I'm still not sure if I like the genre. Yesterday I did paly my first real LoL match outside the tutorials. I was killed 17 times and did kill no enemy Hero or Turret, but mostly due my Hero was melee and I have no experience playing. That wasn't a problem, but the fact that one of the guys in my team call me "stupid" and was pointing me due "I was feeding the other team with my dies" was a bit annoying:

This kind of behaviour isn't very appealing; I saw similar ones in some team vs team rts matches, but in MOBA trend to be more oftenly displayed.

I'll still trying LoL, due is free, but I'll leave if find it not funny or anoying. Will try the Dota 2 beta, but will only play the game if is free. BF3 and maybe DIII are enough to fill my mp need if the MOBA furor ends wrong.

Ondoval

This is why at times I wish the game would just die. I got pretty far in the game but comign back to it I do not want to deal with it again.. We have pricks in the STARTING GAMES who have level 30s but are playing on new accounts that berate anyone out there thatare new to the game.. People say its "casual players" that is whats ruining the gaming community.. I disagree, its people like this.. The "leet" people who think they know everything there is to know about the game that has to berate any one and every one even in matches where low levels that are meant to be new to teh game are playing.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
LoL looks better and I always found pure DOTA to be pretty boring. The DOTA 2 videos just look plain unappealing to me.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

sSubZerOo

This is why at times I wish the game would just die. I got pretty far in the game but comign back to it I do not want to deal with it again.. We have pricks in the STARTING GAMES who have level 30s but are playing on new accounts that berate anyone out there thatare new to the game.. People say its "casual players" that is whats ruining the gaming community.. I disagree, its people like this.. The "leet" people who think they know everything there is to know about the game that has to berate any one and every one even in matches where low levels that are meant to be new to teh game are playing.

Yeah that is a problem, although the "leet" community is much worse in HoN and DOTA. The whole MOBA genre is riddled with ragers.