Why would only 1 comp. on a network lag?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fiendless7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fiendless7
Member since 2004 • 572 Posts

My desktop has 44ms world and home. But when i try to play on my laptop, it has an outrageous 1500ms and unplayable internet lag.

I've checked my router and i just cant figure it out, both are connected wirelessly and the signal bar on the laptop is full strength.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Xsan3
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

My desktop has 44ms world and home. But when i try to play on my laptop, it has an outrageous 1500ms and unplayable internet lag.

I've checked my router and i just cant figure it out, both are connected wirelessly and the signal bar on the laptop is full strength.

fiendless7

First, I'm curious what kind of laptop u have? Also - on ur laptop - I would only assume you have some type of Anti-Virus Software that Possible differs from ur Desktop. And maybe ur Lappy has an inferior Wifi NIC then ur Desktop? Even possible with all of these combined would create a much more Latent Laptop.
Another question - is you Laptop performing inadequately ONLY on your Home Network? Have you tried the same L/T on a Different Network?

Overall though, my first thought is that you have some type of software loaded to ur Laptop thats working against u??