Why is tribes ascend so easy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Seriously, I just downloaded the game and I'm top 3 on my team every time I play tdm. I expected the game to be at least a little hard and competitive, possibly like quake live but no.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
You're just that good.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

tdm? Who the hell plays tribes for tdm?

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

XaosII
This. CTF is the classic tribes game mode in case you didn't know.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
Lol, TDM.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Well the game did release recently so there is quite an influx of new players. Multiplayer games are easy or hard depending on who your enemies are.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shakmaster13
[QUOTE="XaosII"]

Croag821
This. CTF is the classic tribes game mode in case you didn't know.

Played CTF too. Was pretty easy as soon as I could get a group of guys to knock out their turrets while others went in for the flag. I found TDM much more exciting. Arena isn't too bad either.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Probably because you set goals too low. You're performing no where close to where you should be, get to it noob!
Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

Played CTF too. Was pretty easy as soon as I could get a group of guys to knock out their turrets while others went in for the flag. I found TDM much more exciting. Arena isn't too bad either.shakmaster13

Well then I guess your just awesome.

But this whole thread is kind of weird...your saying a MP game is too easy when the difficulty of the game is based solely on your competition. You're essentially asking "Why am I better than other people?" and I don't know how to answer that.

Honestly it sounds like you're just bragging, but if you do find just playing in Pub matches too easy for you and your looking for a challenge I'd suggest looking to join a clan and playing with a team against other teams, otherwise just have fun doing good.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shakmaster13

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]Played CTF too. Was pretty easy as soon as I could get a group of guys to knock out their turrets while others went in for the flag. I found TDM much more exciting. Arena isn't too bad either.Croag821

Well then I guess your just awesome.

But this whole thread is kind of weird...your saying a MP game is too easy when the difficulty of the game is based solely on your competition. You're essentially asking "Why am I better than other people?" and I don't know how to answer that.

Honestly it sounds like you're just bragging, but if you do find just playing in Pub matches too easy for you and your looking for a challenge I'd suggest looking to join a clan and playing with a team against other teams, otherwise just have fun doing good.

I would but this game screams pay to win. It's almost as bad as world of tanks in that regard. Also, thumper dx is op.
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

You win bro, game is obviously 2ez, may I suggest hungry hungry hippos, that game is much harder and extremely competetive

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Thats only at the beginning since you get matched with other new players. I had the same thing in beta, after a while I got real competition :P

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#15 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
When you hit rank 6 you play in the big leagues.
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts
IIRC the low ranks you only play with other people that just started, you will be surprised of the difference once you start getting matched with higher ranked players.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
I would but this game screams pay to win. It's almost as bad as world of tanks in that regard. Also, thumper dx is op.shakmaster13
what. :| i hypothetically have $100 to pour into the game, now tell me how i can spend that to get an in-game advantage against you. especially if you're then naming one of the stock weapons as OP :P WoT being p2w is a fair shot though - although it IS still very fun without spending money.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#18 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
General field play is easy as you can avoid and harass if you maintain momentum. I usually throw myself in difficult roles, though. Like generator penetration with a Brute/Infiltrator and flag blocking with a Doombringer. You can actually feel the tide turn if you do well at such roles. During its Beta though, the skilled players tend to use the standard soldier cIass. I'd imagine that this isnt the case anymore with the game now having its doors wide open to new players.
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts
I got my ass handed to me when I got higher and higher up in rank, but I guess I am not as awesome at life as the TC. Seriously, what is the point of this tread? TC, you are low rank and are therefore playing with low rank people that just started playing.
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

Seriously, I just downloaded the game and I'm top 3 on my team every time I play tdm. I expected the game to be at least a little hard and competitive, possibly like quake live but no.

shakmaster13
Same thing happened to me. I downloaded it on a weekend and played it for like 5-6 hours and was doing really really well. Then I played it at a different time (different players) and got my butt kicked.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
First couple of hours in beta had me on the top of the list every time. It was obvious that the players are all new to the game. After more hours after, I was getting my ass handed to me by a couple of "skilled" people.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

ur 2gd bro if ur actually serious like nobody plays quake, so better people tend to play quake. I say better and not good, because to be good at Quake Live is a whole nother story as most people in tier 4 are nubs

play some arena if you want to play quake style

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shakmaster13

what. :| i hypothetically have $100 to pour into the game, now tell me how i can spend that to get an in-game advantage against you. especially if you're then naming one of the stock weapons as OP :P WoT being p2w is a fair shot though - although it IS still very fun without spending money.Makari
The upgrades and the classes. Dat doombringer. It'll take so long to get the xp required for it, the grind is worse than the LoL ip grind so imo it's pay to win.
[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]

whitey_rolls

Same thing happened to me. I downloaded it on a weekend and played it for like 5-6 hours and was doing really really well. Then I played it at a different time (different players) and got my butt kicked.

That actually might be it. I'll try playing it during the week this week.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

shakmaster13

Play more and different modes. I personally prefer CTF most.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

You win bro, game is obviously 2ez, may I suggest hungry hungry hippos, that game is much harder and extremely competetive

supras989
not hardc0re enuff dood. you nEd to go play that 0ld Maid y0!!! gaym uv skeel FTW
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#26 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Because a lot of the people who play it aren't very good, that's really it.

epac_shred90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 epac_shred90
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

When you hit rank 6 you play in the big leagues. nutcrackr

This. When i was playing the beta a while back I was destroying everything. Then I hit rank 6 and had to step it up quite a bit just to even compete. Just keep playing, it'll get much more difficult.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Makari
The upgrades and the classes. Dat doombringer. It'll take so long to get the xp required for it, the grind is worse than the LoL ip grind so imo it's pay to win. shakmaster13
The classes take almost no XP to unlock, it's less than 20k at most. :\ My roommate fired it up for the first time last night and unlocked half of the classes and some upgrades after a few hours. And even then, singling out the *doombringer*... what about that class is so ridiculous? Especially in CTF, half of his weapons are super situational and can't even be upgraded to something different.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

You're playing TDM. Nobody skilled bothers with TDM.

dawgrejectx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 dawgrejectx
Member since 2010 • 458 Posts

shakmaster13
don't flatter yourself cause you havn't been with real players if your playing TDM lol.
dawgrejectx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 dawgrejectx
Member since 2010 • 458 Posts
[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]The upgrades and the classes. Dat doombringer. It'll take so long to get the xp required for it, the grind is worse than the LoL ip grind so imo it's pay to win. Makari
The classes take almost no XP to unlock, it's less than 20k at most. :\ My roommate fired it up for the first time last night and unlocked half of the classes and some upgrades after a few hours. And even then, singling out the *doombringer*... what about that class is so ridiculous? Especially in CTF, half of his weapons are super situational and can't even be upgraded to something different.

fyi like Tribes and get 250 gold on facebook alot of people did this to unlock 1 class or a gun.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Makari
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="shakmaster13"]The upgrades and the classes. Dat doombringer. It'll take so long to get the xp required for it, the grind is worse than the LoL ip grind so imo it's pay to win. dawgrejectx

fyi like Tribes and get 250 gold on facebook alot of people did this to unlock 1 class or a gun.

i suspect on a gold vs. xp ratio, the classes are suuuuuuper cheap compared to most of the guns though!
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shakmaster13

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]

dawgrejectx

don't flatter yourself cause you havn't been with real players if your playing TDM lol.

I also play TDM and Arena. Read my posts in this thread. Also, I just realized that CTF gives a **** ton more xp than TDM, ignore my pay to win rant.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I'm not that good at Tribes Ascend, was awesome at the original Tribes but I was younger and I used to live on a caffeine iv at the time. FPS are progressively easier the more caffeinated you are. Since then I've largely given up caffeine, was way too jittery and irritable.

I've been playing a lot of WoT the last several months and I've found that people who generally complain it's P2W try to use all the vehicles like heavy tanks. You can't charge a Tiger with a SPG and hope to live or try and ambush with a light tank and hope to gain any kills or xp.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I'm not that good at Tribes Ascend, was awesome at the original Tribes but I was younger and I used to live on a caffeine iv at the time. FPS are progressively easier the more caffeinated you are. Since then I've largely given up caffeine, was way too jittery and irritable.

I've been playing a lot of WoT the last several months and I've found that people who generally complain it's P2W try to use all the vehicles like heavy tanks. You can't charge a Tiger with a SPG and hope to live or try and ambush with a light tank and hope to gain any kills or xp.

fenriz275

while i still do well regardless my aim gets noticibly noticibly better with caffeine as does my brain in duel in quake live I just drink two cans of diet mtn dew a day, it's actualyl only 140mg of caffeine, and I say only because that's 1.4 cups of coffee

i can't drink coffee anymore though, murders my stomach