This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigcr47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bigcr47
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts

I just bought
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Manhunt
GTA
GTA2
GTA3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA 4
GTA 4 Episodes form Liberty City
Bully
Dirt
Dirt 2
Grid
Fuel
and ToCa Race driver 3

Total Price $61.00

Steam Deals are face melting, Console gaming is destroying the PC community and I'm Reaping the benefits, Yesssss!!!!

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

With a mix of Steam deals, D2D, indie sales.. I'm having a tough time curbing my spending, even as cheap as everything is :)

Corvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Corvan
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts

Steam is quite popular these days for the amount of games that you can find, buy and download. Whats more is that more games get added to it as the days pass. so you got quite a deal there.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Yeah, steam host some awesome deals from time to time

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
There are some amazing deals on there, recently picked up the original AvP cause it was $2.. then played online with a couple friends. The only problem i see is if Steam ever shuts off/closes.. then we are all screwed.
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
Steam has some of the best deals around. I snagged Flashpoint for $7 back in March, COH and one of the expansions for $15 in January, and I just got Condemned in March for $3 on D2D.
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
ye there is so much insane deals coming out these days , thats not very good for my wallet :(
Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
Best Steam Deal I had is CS:S for 2.50 $ :P
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I just bought
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Manhunt
GTA
GTA2
GTA3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA 4
Bully
Dirt
Dirt 2
Grid
Fuel
and ToCa Race driver 3

Total Price $61.00

Steam Deals are face melting, Console gaming is destroying the PC community and I'm Reaping the benefits, Yesssss!!!!

bigcr47

That's when ur post went from interesting, to INEXISTENT...

giant11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 giant11
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts

bigcr47, and how in the world are you gonna find the time to play all these games? Just ONE Gta game can take several months, if you you wanna get the full experience.

EDIT: That's my personal problem with Steam. I've taken advantage of at least several of the crazy sales.. then I realized that I might as well have just stuck to buy fewer games like I had in the past. I've seen a LOT of people, though, who own 100+ games.. and unsurprisingly, most of them are never even played.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

bigcr47, and how in the world are you gonna find the time to play all these games? Just ONE Gta game can take several months, if you you wanna get the full experience.

EDIT: That's my personal problem with Steam. I've taken advantage of at least several of the crazy sales.. then I realized that I might as well have just stuck to buy fewer games like I had in the past. I've seen a LOT of people, though, who own 100+ games.. and unsurprisingly, most of them are never even played.

giant11
We'll get around to them eventually :P. I do have a large backlog of games, but when they are so cheap it's hard to pass them up. They won't be that price again for a long time.
MaxGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MaxGamer
Member since 2002 • 16500 Posts

Almost tempted enough to buy GTA IV again just so I can have it in my Steam collection. Bought it off D2D last week...

wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 wurd
Member since 2003 • 634 Posts
Their deals are pretty awesome sometimes but all games are over priced the rest of the time. You go to the shop down the road and most titles that are 19.99 on steam are 9.99 in the shops or 15 for 2.
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Remmib
Their deals are pretty awesome sometimes but all games are over priced the rest of the time. You go to the shop down the road and most titles that are 19.99 on steam are 9.99 in the shops or 15 for 2.wurd
Blame the moronic publishers, they are the ones who set the prices, not Valve.
wurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 wurd
Member since 2003 • 634 Posts
[QUOTE="wurd"]Their deals are pretty awesome sometimes but all games are over priced the rest of the time. You go to the shop down the road and most titles that are 19.99 on steam are 9.99 in the shops or 15 for 2.Remmib
Blame the moronic publishers, they are the ones who set the prices, not Valve.

yeah they get rich from fat lazy westerners who dont want to leave the house to save a few bucks. Incredible how they can charge half for a DVD that has been packaged, transported half way across the world and sat on a shop shelf who usually take 50% profit from the sale. Not only that you can't sell your product on and you can only use it in the country you bought it from .
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I hate Steam, with genuine passion.

Back in 2004, I had two legit versions of Half-Life 2: one came as a serial key with my Ati 9700 Pro, and the other because I bought the retail game. But a that time I had no Internet, so I installed HL-2 in my laptop and played it in "offline mode" for a week, after the Internet validation in the house of a friend. Then the game suffered a freeze, droped to Windows, and was unable to start "until a new Steam connection", that was unavailable for me. At the end, I finished the game installing a craked version.

Ironically, currently I'm mainly a online player, with my desktop constantly connected, but the hate is still alive: I refuse to play Episode 1, Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Shattered Horizon, Metro 2033 and Chaos Rising due the mandatory Steam install. I even game my Dirt 2 key (from my 5870 Asus card) because my hate to Steam. The only time I fall in sin was when I bought DoW II, but the game is so different compared to DoW and the browser so bad that I left DoW II and Steam after barely 5 hours. And I have no plans to buy games with mandatory Steam support anymore.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Remmib

Back in 2004, I had two legit versions of Half-Life 2: one came as a serial key with my Ati 9700 Pro, and the other because I bought the retail game. But a that time I had no Internet, so I installed HL-2 in my laptop and played it in "offline mode" for a week, after the Internet validation in the house of a friend. Then the game suffered a freeze, droped to Windows, and was unable to start "until a new Steam connection", that was unavailable for me. At the end, I finished the game installing a craked version.

Ironically, currently I'm mainly a online player, with my desktop constantly connected, but the hate is still alive: I refuse to play Episode 1, Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Shattered Horizon, Metro 2033 and Chaos Rising due the mandatory Steam install. I even game my Dirt 2 key (from my 5870 Asus card) because my hate to Steam. The only time I fall in sin was when I bought DoW II, but the game is so different compared to DoW and the browser so bad that I left DoW II and Steam after barely 5 hours. And I have no plans to buy games with mandatory Steam support anymore.

Ondoval
Lol...that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So you hate Steam because of a problem on your end?
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

I just bought
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Manhunt
GTA
GTA2
GTA3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA 4
Bully
Dirt
Dirt 2
Grid
Fuel
and ToCa Race driver 3

Total Price $61.00

bigcr47

I hope you're getting paid to advertise, might save u even more money. :P Jk, that's a pretty good deal.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

Remmib

Lol...that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So you hate Steam because of a problem on your end?

You crazy man, Steam rocks, sounds like you need to get over that small issue from 6 years ago ....

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

[QUOTE="Remmib"][QUOTE="Ondoval"]

haberman13

You crazy man, Steam rocks, sounds like you need to get over that small issue from 6 years ago ....

Definitely. Like any updateable product, it's been improved. And I think I remember hearing about it having many problems back then... but they've been dealt with. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that grudge, as there's no reason for it now.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

I just bought
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Manhunt
GTA
GTA2
GTA3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA 4
Bully
Dirt
Dirt 2
Grid
Fuel
and ToCa Race driver 3

Total Price $61.00

bigcr47

console gaming isnt destroying pc gaming, pc gaming just hasnt grown quite like console gaming has in the last few years.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
I like steam alot but i prefer impulse if a game is available there with a similar price
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11784 Posts

I have many games I have either unfinished, or barely played. Some are extremely long, and they span across multiple platforms..

I have decided not to buy anymore games (only for myself) for the rest of the year. With writing music, practicing, and the games I already have, I am quite busy and don't really need to pile on any more... (its not like they will disappear on me, the online community will still be there for the most part if the game(s) are good.)

D2D, Steam, Amazon.com, Gog.com I have several games from all of them, they all have great deals.

I really am thinking about waiting till the end of the year/beginning of next, to resupply and re-gear (and re-gearing is prolly only gonna consist of gpu upgrade, hopefully by then there will be one worth upgrading to.) {rest of the rig is fine for modern games, and games to come}

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TerrorRizzing

I have many games I have either unfinished, or barely played. Some are extremely long, and they span across multiple platforms..

I have decided not to buy anymore games (only for myself) for the rest of the year. With writing music, practicing, and the games I already have, I am quite busy and don't really need to pile on any more... (its not like they will disappear on me, the online community will still be there for the most part if the game(s) are good.)

D2D, Steam, Amazon.com, Gog.com I have several games from all of them, they all have great deals.

I really am thinking about waiting till the end of the year/beginning of next, to resupply and re-gear (and re-gearing is prolly only gonna consist of gpu upgrade, hopefully by then there will be one worth upgrading to.) {rest of the rig is fine for modern games, and games to come}

Lach0121
Im going to do the same, except star craft 2 must be mine.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11784 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

TerrorRizzing

Im going to do the same, except star craft 2 must be mine.

I can definitely think of several games I still want that are either out, or about to come out. Though I need to stop, I have plenty of games now, it isn't like I need more.

Plus I don't like paying full price for the games, I usually wait a little while and let them come down in prices, get their appropriate patches/updates, so by then it is more worth the experience.

Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

Lach0121

Hah i'm doing the exact same thing almost. I'm on a new game ban till July where i'll let myself pick up one or 2 new games then i'm not picking anything else up until october(ish)

Just got far to big a backlog to be getting through atm. Well with the exception of any free mmo trials/betas as i won't be spending any money however no subbing to any.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

Ondoval
So you're bashing Steam because you didn't have internet 6 years ago? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and you're doing yourself a disservice by avoiding it.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Meh most of those games in that list are last gen, or atleast 3 years old. I bought gta4 for 7 euro and i thought it was a good deal thats it. Other wise i rather buy from a regular store, steam is very overpriced
Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ocid1

Meh most of those games in that list are last gen, or atleast 3 years old. I bought gta4 for 7 euro and i thought it was a good deal thats it. Other wise i rather buy from a regular store, steam is very overpricedSolid_Tango

I have to admit i do the same. The prices on Steam for new releases are usually £5-10 higher than they are on Amazon or Play.com or wherever you choose to order online however you can't deny that alot of their sales are pretty f**king good.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]Meh most of those games in that list are last gen, or atleast 3 years old. I bought gta4 for 7 euro and i thought it was a good deal thats it. Other wise i rather buy from a regular store, steam is very overpricedOcid1

I have to admit i do the same. The prices on Steam for new releases are usually £5-10 higher than they are on Amazon or Play.com or wherever you choose to order online however you can't deny that alot of their sales are pretty f**king good.

I'm usually pretty happy with steam here in canada, I pay no tax on purchases and the prices are usually atleast $10 cheaper than stores.
Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ocid1

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]Meh most of those games in that list are last gen, or atleast 3 years old. I bought gta4 for 7 euro and i thought it was a good deal thats it. Other wise i rather buy from a regular store, steam is very overpricedTerrorRizzing

I'm usually pretty happy with steam here in canada, I pay no tax on purchases and the prices are usually atleast $10 cheaper than stores.

If Steam is cheaper than the shops then yeah i'd say that makes it even better than it already is. In the UK atleast though its always cheaper to get from an e-tailer upon release. Later on down the road though it can be hit or miss though.

Just an example though Steam sells Napoleon:TW for £25 whereas Game are selling a boxed copy for £8.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

So you're bashing Steam because you didn't have internet 6 years ago? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and you're doing yourself a disservice by avoiding it.General_X

I known that is a bit irrational but works fine for me: I see Stean as a different platform, as the Mac or the Wii. I didn't bought a Wii or a Mac since those platforms doesn't have any exclusive games that appeal me, as with the Valve games. And the price cuts did nothing to me, since I'm a early adopter: when I want a game I just buy the title in the release date; If I had no interest in a game in the release date then probably I'll never be interested in. 95% of my collection are full price games, and the other 5% usually are games in which I want to own more than a single unit to play with friends in my two rigs.

Really, outside Shattered Horizon and DoW II no other Steam exclusive attracted my interest.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I've bought games through Steam in the past, but now I tend not to bother. I dislike having the games tied to my account, which prevents others in my household from playing them unless I let them play on my settings. You can't get rid of games you don't want any more, either, which doesn't sit well with me, because I tend to give away games I dislike (or tire of) to friends (if they want them). And Steam itself seems to be evolving into a glorified Xbox LIVE 'service' every day. Pfft.

GoG.com, Amazon and Play.com see the bulk of my money these days.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TerrorRizzing

I've bought games through Steam in the past, but now I tend not to bother. I dislike having the games tied to my account, which prevents others in my household from playing them unless I let them play on my settings. You can't get rid of games you don't want any more, either, which doesn't sit well with me, because I tend to give away games I dislike (or tire of) to friends (if they want them). And Steam itself seems to be evolving into a glorified Xbox LIVE 'service' every day. Pfft.

GoG.com, Amazon and Play.com see the bulk of my money these days.

RobertBowen
eww i feel dirty just reading that. if steam starts charging us for p2p play ill drop it.
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Remmib
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]eww i feel dirty just reading that. if steam starts charging us for p2p play ill drop it.

Don't worry, that will never happen.
DigiTM73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DigiTM73
Member since 2009 • 801 Posts

All my games have been bought through Steam or Impulse. Moreso Steam because of the sales they have. I only buy the games on a Steam Weekend deal or through Holiday sales.
Much better than having discs and boxes. My missus used to complain that my game boxes were taking up wardrobe space.

Now with digital distribution and unlimited fast internet becoming more popular, this means she has more cupboard space.

Disadvantage is I think I have spent more than I usually would if I were to hop in the car and go to a retail shop. It's too convenient and impulsive. 140 games on Steam (maybe 3 I have finished), and a dozen on Impulse (0 finished).

Also for the statement about Steam being overpriced, have you looked at Xbox 360 Game Marketplace, that pricing is a joke.