Why even have an arcade mode in Max Payne 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

You have to watch pretty much ALL of the cutscenes again. Only a select few are skippable, and some of the cutscenes can stretch on for about 2-3 mins. I don't think its bad that they chose this cinematic design for Max Payne 3. However, they should have designed exclusive levels for these modes. I beat this game originally on PS3, and I bought the PC version and beat it again. I REALLY don't wanna watch the cutscenes again when all I wanna do is shoot guys.

Also, why is there no Dead Man walking mode? That was my favorite mode from Max Payne 2:(

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Actually, the longest cutscenes are the ones at the beginning and end of a level, and the Arcade mode completely gets rid of that. Sure you get some mid level cutscenes, but they never last more then a couple of minutes and you can skip them when they finish loading the next part of the level.

Personally I'm having a blast in arcade mode, nothing beats the thrill of never missing a single bullet or headshot in a level.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 JC_AEK4ever
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

Everyone needs to stop complaining about the cutscenes in Max Payne 3. Do you prefer an image instead of a video?The cutscenes are there instead of a loading screen. You cannot skip them because you have to load the next map. If your computer cannot do this quickly then buy a new one....:evil:

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JangoWuzHere

Actually, the longest cutscenes are the ones at the beginning and end of a level, and the Arcade mode completely gets rid of that. Sure you get some mid level cutscenes, but they never last more then a couple of minutes and you can skip them when they finish loading the next part of the level.

Personally I'm having a blast in arcade mode, nothing beats the thrill of never missing a single bullet or headshot in a level.

SPYDER0416

That is not true. I played about three chapters in arcade mode, and there are cutscenes that are straight up unkippable. That entire time I was mashing on my enter key and I was getting the stupid "still loading" prompt. Its not loading anything, its just unkippable. It takes far less time to load up a whole level then to wait for the period to skip a cutscene.

A couple mins is a long ass time for a cutscene. It really sucks when you are playing New York minute and get shot and have to play the whole level again cutscenes and all.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Do you prefer an image instead of a video?The cutscenes are there instead of a loading screen. JC_AEK4ever
Hell yes and no, you can't skip all the cutscenes even if you're playing it on a NASA supercomputer.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JangoWuzHere

Everyone needs to stop complaining about the cutscenes in Max Payne 3. Do you prefer an image instead of a video?The cutscenes are there instead of a loading screen. You cannot skip them because you have to load the next map. If your computer cannot do this quickly then buy a new one....:evil:

JC_AEK4ever

Talking about arcade mode here. A mode that shouldn't even have cutscenes in the first place.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I played four arcade levels - first one, the club, the office building and first NY section. I could skip most cutscenes. There are some very short ones which transition directly into action, those are unskippable. I suppose they're used for streaming enemies into the level. Everything else is for loading new areas.

Arcade mode brings back good memories of The Club.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JC_AEK4ever

[QUOTE="JC_AEK4ever"]

JangoWuzHere

Talking about arcade mode here. A mode that shouldn't even have cutscenes in the first place.

Arcade mode also needs to load maps like any other game mode... Then you prefer waiting 2 minutes without watching anything instead of watching a 2-minute video? Seriously?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JangoWuzHere

I played four arcade levels - first one, the club, the office building and first NY section. I could skip most cutscenes. There are some very short ones which transition directly into action, those are unskippable. I suppose they're used for streaming enemies into the level. Everything else is for loading new areas.

Arcade mode brings back good memories of The Club.

Baranga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJItDqO7GCQ&feature=relmfu

0:18

That entire cutscene is unskippable, after that scene you kill like 4 dudes and and get a few more cutscenes which are also unskippable.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JangoWuzHere
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="JC_AEK4ever"]

JC_AEK4ever

Arcade mode also needs to load maps like any other game mode... Then you prefer waiting 2 minutes without watching anything instead of watching a 2-minute video? Seriously?

You don't seem to understand. The game is not LOADING ANYTHING. Its unskippable for no reason, so the game is just wasting your time.
JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JC_AEK4ever
[QUOTE="JC_AEK4ever"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

You don't seem to understand. The game is not LOADING ANYTHING. Its unskippable for no reason, so the game is just wasting your time.

You don't seem to understand... How do you know it is not loading anything? The video you sent is right before you go to a room that has a large window from which you can see the whole stadium (perhaps you can tell me how many polygons there are in such a large area). I believe this is the first time in the level that the outside is loaded (at the beginning of the map the only thing that is loaded is the part of the stadium that you can see infront of the door that you need to run to). Anyway, i was able to skip 2 of the first 4 cutscenes in this part of the video that you sent.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="JC_AEK4ever"] Arcade mode also needs to load maps like any other game mode... Then you prefer waiting 2 minutes without watching anything instead of watching a 2-minute video? Seriously?JC_AEK4ever

You don't seem to understand... How do you know it is not loading anything? The video you sent is right before you go to a room that has a large window from which you can see the whole stadium (perhaps you can tell me how many polygons there are in such a large area). I believe this is the first time in the level that the outside is loaded (at the beginning of the map the only thing that is loaded is the part of the stadium that you can see infront of the door that you need to run to). Anyway, i was able to skip 2 of the first 4 cutscenes in this part of the video that you sent.

It does not take over a minuite to load the next part of the level. It takes like 10 secounds to load the level at the start of any mission.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JC_AEK4ever

[QUOTE="JC_AEK4ever"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] You don't seem to understand. The game is not LOADING ANYTHING. Its unskippable for no reason, so the game is just wasting your time.JangoWuzHere

It does not take over a minuite to load the next part of the level. It takes like 10 secounds to load the level at the start of any mission.

Are you serious? Is there any game that can load a map in 10 seconds? If you want to complain about something, you need to complain about the loading times... not the cutscenes... Rockstar hasn't created any "PC games" for the last years but it still loads faster that GTA 4 so you should be happy...
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanielDust
GTA IV doesn't load, it constantly loads while you're playing, that's the "bad performance" it gets and you're asking others if they're serious?
JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JC_AEK4ever

GTA IV doesn't load, it constantly loads while you're playing, that's the "bad performance" it gets and you're asking others if they're serious?DanielDust

Exactly... it constantly loads and loads... and loads which is worse. Especially when you are inside a building and you try to exit.:lol: Max Payne does not do that so you have to wait while you watch some cutscenes. If you can create a game that loads in 10 seconds then do it, otherwise stop acting like you are smart.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DanielDust

You seem to be delusional about the simple facts, nobody asked for 10 seconds of loading screens/cutscenes, etc, I want a friggin loading screen for two minutes if it must, but I don't want to see 3 minutes of unskippable cutscenes, have you no decency? using the word smart when you're making idiotic arguments for your own assumptions?

Never use the word smart unless you actually have some common sense in your post, also, there is no need for 18 second cutscenes that need to load something, no matter how small, when you wait minutes at the beginning and end of the level, it should load every single thing several times over.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JC_AEK4ever
It takes like 10 secounds to load the level at the start of any mission.JangoWuzHere
You seem to be delusional about the simple facts, nobody asked for 10 seconds of loading screens/cutscenesDanielDust
Hmm... I wonder who is delusional... :lol:
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DanielDust

You asked me to make a game that loads everything in 10 seconds...mhm f it, you can't even comprehend what JangoWuzHere said to you.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts

JC_AEK4ever
That's not true. The cutscenes are unskippable, it doesn't matter if the game has finished loading, it will still say "loading...". Do you really think loading times can be over 1 minute? Seriously?
JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JC_AEK4ever

That's not true. The cutscenes are unskippable, it doesn't matter if the game has finished loading, it will still say "loading...". Do you really think loading times can be over 1 minute? Seriously?ampiva
After playing GTA 4 I believe that for Rockstar anything is possible...