Why does Vigor PC have operating hard-drive PLUS storage hard-drive(s)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendokid
Member since 2003 • 909 Posts
http://www.vigorgaming.com/ Is the operating hard-drive referring to what usually is seen on home PCs as drive [D:]? How come other PC custom-built sites usually do not give you an option for operating HDD and just goes straight to storage HDD? If this is what an operating HDD is, how important is it that you choose a good operating HDD? I see that the Vigor PC I'm interested in (Force Recon) has a default 160GB 10,000RPM HDD. Isn't that pushing it? Wouldn't it be better to subtract -$125 and just choose a 80GB 7,200RPM (or similar) HDD? Would that suffice? No, I do not want to build my own PC. No, I do not want to Pass "Go". No, I do not want to collect $200.
LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#2 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
I have a 10k rpm hdd and its great. Loads games faster and stuff. I also have a 7200RPM and its just as great. But really, why dont you want to build your own?
jrotc_redneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jrotc_redneck
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
idk, but just so you know, the [D:] drive is your disk drive......the most commen drive for your HDD is [C:]
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I'm guessing it means they have one where you would install the OS and applications on, while the other(s) would be where you could go and store your files, data, etc. In which case, that's a good thing in the sense that if your OS tanks on you, the data and files that you had are suddenly not gone with it, too. ... in principle anyway. No such thing will protect against total hardware failure.