Whos getting Gears of War for PC?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts
[QUOTE="pcgamer_07"]

[QUOTE="roulettethedog"]I'll get Gear's for the holiday's because you will need Vista which is another present.roulettethedog

What do you mean, gears of war will also be on xp

Not according to Windows game finder on Microsoft's web site. They say VISTA ONLY.

Surely its on xp too? Here are two links including one from yesterday saying it'll be on both operating systems.

http://us.gamespot.com/news/6181417.html?sid=6181417&part=rss&subj=6181417

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/featGames.aspx

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts
i'm having trouble linking the sites and editing my message, click on gears of war from the upcoming games list.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

i've got it on pre-order

really, though - i'm not all that interested in the game... i played most of the 360 campaign, coop - and had a blast, tried a little in singleplayer and found it frankly tedious

i imagine the pc version will be similar - awesome coop (though playing online won't have anywhere near the shoulder-to-shoulder-jostling fun of playing on 360), and the game looks utterly beautiful - i'm not all about visuals, but it's nice sometimes to just play a really gorgeous game

plus - level editor! mods! someone just has to make a warhammer 40k mod, it's frankly what the game was made for

it's not top of my list, but it's fairly deservedly on it

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Im gonna get it.
speed1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 speed1
Member since 2005 • 655 Posts

Of all of the FPS's that are coming out in Nov, this is the only one that really intrigues me.Johnny_Rock

Listentothisman.

captalchol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 captalchol
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts

[QUOTE="captalchol"]I'll definately be picking this one up. Alot of the other highly hyped games I've played demo's of have been dissapointing.ATLReppa770

Yeah, since TimeShift and COD4 was such a big disappointment (sarcasm).

COD4 is a major dissapointment. It plays almost exactly like COD2 in a modern setting(yawn). Timeshift looks decent but I'll wait until it gets cheaper.

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#57 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
[QUOTE="ATLReppa770"]

[QUOTE="captalchol"]I'll definately be picking this one up. Alot of the other highly hyped games I've played demo's of have been dissapointing.captalchol

COD4 is a major dissapointment. It plays almost exactly like COD2 in a modern setting(yawn). Timeshift looks decent but I'll wait until it gets cheaper.

yup i guess its not ww2 we're bored of but the style of gameplay it brings

Lauryn2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#58 Lauryn2000
Member since 2005 • 2582 Posts
I was going to get Hellgate:London and Gears Of War but i think I'm getting Gears first and wait on Hellgate.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
[QUOTE="captalchol"][QUOTE="ATLReppa770"]

[QUOTE="captalchol"]I'll definately be picking this one up. Alot of the other highly hyped games I've played demo's of have been dissapointing.Grantelicious

yup i guess its not ww2 we're bored of but the style of gameplay it brings

I think they've added allot of different things with COD4, especially the rocket launcher thing and the shooting feels much better than the previous COD's. Hopefully the next version of COD maybe 5 will introduce something different and new to the genre. I have high hopes for COD4, so maybe you guys should at least give the final version a play before basing judgments off of your PC's that can't run it at it's fullest glory! Smoke effects and the gunplay feels really good...I just can't wait to see more cool maps.