Who hates the heat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

The great part of summer is that a lot of people are on holidays or have no school, I have a hybrid of both... Though the bad part is the heat :( The heat has caused my computer to crash when transcoding some movies to h264, uses 100% of my cpu for 6 hours, and in the middle it keeps crashing. Before in Spring and Winter, I could do a batch of like 10, which takes such a long time (even on my quad)... Now it's crashing... BSOD, it's about 80-90f in my room. PC(with 3 videocards and a quad) + a medium sized room = death.

Has anyone been suffering from the heat?

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

The great part of summer is that a lot of people are on holidays or have no school, I have a hybrid of both... Though the bad part is the heat :( The heat has caused my computer to crash when transcoding some movies to h264, uses 100% of my cpu for 6 hours, and in the middle it keeps crashing. Before in Spring and Winter, I could do a batch of like 10, which takes such a long time (even on my quad)... Now it's crashing... BSOD, it's about 80-90f in my room. PC(with 3 videocards and a quad) + a medium sized room = death.

I love the heat, and no I havent had any problems with my pc since I got my OCZ vendetta 2.
aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

nope im fine.. then again i live possibly the farthest one can go (via road) north of the equator in n. america. we never get many stupid hot days.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

JigglyWiggly_
I had to downclock from 3.5ghz to 3.0 to even be stable, and I've even been forced to put a fan nearby to keep hot air away from my computer. ='( dang quads and their heat.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

TerroRizing

I love the heat, and no I havent had any problems with my pc since I got my OCZ vendetta 2.

That's nothing compared to my thermalright ultra 120 extreme with 2, 110cfm fans on it in a crossflow config :P My motherboard is taking the beating, it's an Asus rampage formula, the nb is reaching 75-80c!!

I'm living in Cali for anyone who cares, but not in SoCal, I'm near SF.

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

[QUOTE="TerroRizing"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

JigglyWiggly_

That's nothing compared to my thermalright ultra 120 extreme with 2, 110cfm fans on it in a crossflow config :P My motherboard is taking the beating, it's an Asus rampage formula, the nb is reaching 75-80c!!

haha, cant say I would even need that. My cpu only gets to 50 degrees under 100% load, but quad core it isnt. I used to do a bit of x264 encoding, but I let other ppl with better processors do it instead now lol.

visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#7 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts
It has spent too much time raining here (CO) this year to get hot. I haven't turned on my AC once yet!
sihunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sihunt
Member since 2007 • 1116 Posts

It has spent too much time raining here (CO) this year to get hot. I haven't turned on my AC once yet!visceron

Hey Jiggly just like Colorado,over here on the East coast,Massachusetts,We've been getting rain and on sunny days,

Canadian air. It's often in the 70's here. LOL!!! Come on over!!!

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

I loathe summer and despise heat. I keep my house at 70F with my AC. I'd go for 68F but the wife gets cold :cry:!!!

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
My computer is in the basement, not getting hot there :P
AzNs3nSaT1On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AzNs3nSaT1On
Member since 2005 • 921 Posts
i had to down clock both my cpu and gpu just to keep my room cool enough to be comfortable lol.
hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts

I live in lower Canada BC and some of these days have been dreadful.

ch5richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ch5richards
Member since 2005 • 2912 Posts

JigglyWiggly_

Wow, I feel you there, I have the Asus Maximus Formula, basically same board, mine is X38 and yours is the newer X48, but still very similar.

Luckily I have the SE version of the Maximus, so I am liquid cooling my NB. It helps alot, have you looked into an aftermarket cooler for the NB. I don't know if the X48 is like the X38 in that to OC you have to throw quite a bit of juice to the NB. To reach my OC, I have the NB upto 1.65v. But with the water, it only gets upto about 40c max.

I live in south western Virginia, so while it has not gotten scorching hot, it has not really stayed cool. But with the water cooling, it has to get real hot to be a major factor.

superchronik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 superchronik
Member since 2003 • 783 Posts

Yea the heat made my temps go up a bit too high, so I bought air con. Problem solved. Now it's f****** freezing in here and I love it! :D

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

My room is literally an inferno in the summer if i have my PC, 360or PS3 on, and then my TV on at the same time. My Central Air is busted in my room only so it gets even worse.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I was suffering a bit ago but it's cooled down now. I turn sorta nocturnal though during the summer holidays to lessen it's effect.
dared3vil0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dared3vil0
Member since 2009 • 1254 Posts

nope im fine.. then again i live possibly the farthest one can go (via road) north of the equator in n. america. we never get many stupid hot days.

aura_enchanted

were exactly>?

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

JigglyWiggly_

Hey, I'm in San Jose! :D And where I live I don't have air conditioning right now, and my computer's in a room with a huge window facing the sun - so yeah, a lot of what I do is intended to keep temperatures down on the parts I'm using. Luckily my 9-5 keeps me out of the room during the worst parts of the day, but the weekends.. ugh.
beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 beefdog
Member since 2004 • 9185 Posts

Heh i managed to get 3.94 in the dead of summer with this chip....must be a good one for the cold. Max temp: 60c

jtschmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jtschmitz
Member since 2009 • 293 Posts

I only complain when it gets 80+ in the room. But then my system doesn't ever get to hot (not enough in their to generate a lot of heat). I used to live in Red Bluff, CA... It would often reach 110+ during the summer (at least 7-10 days a summer) and normally never dipped below 100 as a high from june/july to the end of august. I rememember when it would get down to 80 at night as the low, and swiming at midnight and still being warm :)

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

Right now it's about 85 degrees in my house. Yes, it's hot but I live alone and am unemployed so I gotta go as long as possible without the A/C. I also play my PC a lot and it has about 8 fans in the case (incl. processor, video card, PS, etc.) but so far no heat issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i mostly use my pc at night with the window open, but no matter what i never worry about heat because my pc is super ventilated and has a good cpu cooler.
name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 name294
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
I spend my summer in the basement, where it's nice and cold, normally my laptop would heat up pretty bad otherwise
aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

[QUOTE="aura_enchanted"]

dared3vil0

were exactly>?

not saying exactly last time i did that some half drunk 30 yr old tried to kick my door in.. its the only reason i still have a gun over my bed. nuff said. i live far enough north in canada to not worry about too much temperature problems effecting my pc.