Who has not bought portal 2 yet?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SinfulPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SinfulPotato
Member since 2005 • 1381 Posts

Valve has a history.. Very very fast price drops, which is very smart. They have data that shows, price drops makes a LOT of money. I beleave they released this data a while ago, I don't feel like searching.. but..

Who is waiting?

P.S. For those with a real job, 50 isn't much, but to me it is. At least in this stage of life.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
give it afew months...it will go on sale for $30
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I'm waiting. I'm really looking forward to playing it, but it's not worth $50 to me. I have no doubt the price will drop or that there will be a sale relatively soon.
demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

Pre-ordered it for the $45 and dont regret it, the game is fantastic!

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I don't think I'll buy it for awhile. To me, Portal is the least interesting concepts they could've expanded upon. I would've much preferred a new game from any other IP under their belt.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I'll probably get it at the end of this week. I'm not really concerned about a price drop, Portal 2 is well worth the $50 I'm going to spend on it.

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Still need to finish the first one before I dive into the second. I have Portal on 360 (Orange Box) and on PC, and I haven't touched either. If that's any indication of how much I enjoy puzzle games, I probably won't be touching Portal 2 until it pulls a LFD2 and I can snag it for $7.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

It's too short for $50. I only got Portal 1 with the Orange Box. I wouldn't have bought it if I had to pay $30, so $50 is way too high.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Valve has a history.. Very very fast price drops, which is very smart. They have data that shows, price drops makes a LOT of money. I beleave they released this data a while ago, I don't feel like searching.. but..

Who is waiting?

P.S. For those with a real job, 50 isn't much, but to me it is. At least in this stage of life.

SinfulPotato
ME.... and I NEVER WILL !!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
I got it for $35, and don't regret it. Sure it will probably drop in a few months, but I wanted it now, and don't mind paying a good price for this game.
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

Not I. I enjoyed the first Portal game, but it's not a game I need to play right now.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

I'm waiting. Looks like it'll be a great game and I'm stoked to play it, but I'm a poor college student and there are only two games I'm buying day 1 this year: Battlefield 3 and Elder Scrolls V

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Me.

I never played portal 1 because I didn't feel like waiting for the 1.5 gb download to get completed.This is why I hate steam.

I will never buy another valve game again.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

Me.

I never played portal 1 because I didn't feel like waiting for the 1.5 gb download to get completed.This is why I hate steam.

call_of_duty_10

1- there is something called "leave the computer downloading overnight" or also "leave the computer downloading while you are away at work or school"

2- there is also something called a GAMES SHOP where you can buy the game and not have to download it

3- just because you are IMPATIENT, it's no reason to hate Steam or Valve

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

I plan on Boy cotting Portal 2 and any other valve games until a new Half life is released

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

Me.

FelipeInside

1- there is something called "leave the computer downloading overnight" or also "leave the computer downloading while you are away at work or school"

2- there is also something called a GAMES SHOP where you can buy the game and not have to download it

I bought a physical copy of the orange box.Valve games require you to play them through steam.I PAID for the game and I can't play it.I should sue valve.

edit-I can't play the game because I have to update it.I installed the game but couldn't play because of compulsory update.

I can't download the update at night because I have to use a LAN wire for internet access on my PC.Someone can stumble on the wire in the darkness.

I don't want my parents to see what's in my PC so I can't leave it on when I am at school either.

It no longer bothers me though.I have learnt my lesson.I don't buy valve games now.

r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

Me.

I felt like downlaoding the 1.5gb game from Steam and actually enjoyed it :P But there are other games to play atm. I'll also be waiting for a price drop.

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

I loved the first game, I've completed it on xbox and pc. I'm tempted to purchase Portal 2 off steam but I know it'll go on sale for $29.99 or lower in months or weeks. So far I hear nothing but good things, but I have a whole backlog of games and I'm currently playing Witcher and Mirrors Edge.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Me.

call_of_duty_10

I bought a physical copy of the orange box.Valve games require you to play them through steam.I PAID for the game and I can't play it.I should sue valve.

I can't download the update at night because I have to use a LAN wire for internet access on my PC.Someone can stumble on the wire in the darkness.

I don't want my parents to see what's in my PC so I can't leave it on when I am at school either.

It no longer bothers me though.I have learnt my lesson.I don't buy valve games now.

LOL, I love how a person has a few issues with one game and then boycott/hate the whole company due to it. Here are a few solutions for you:

You can't play because of....? Why sue them? Everybody else plays the game fine...

There's an invention called Wireless....or even get a friend to download it

Leave it downloading and put a password on your PC.

Leave it downloading and turn off your monitor.

Leave it downloading and turn off your monitor and unplug it from the computer.

These and heaps more SOLUTIONS available for you. Just because you don't want to leave ur chair and be comfortable, it's not Valve's fault.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Me.

call_of_duty_10

edit-I can't play the game because I have to update it.I installed the game but couldn't play because of compulsory update.

L m f a o

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
It pretty much is already $30. Amazon had it for $34.99 or you could buy the PS3 version which game with a $20 credit. $54.99-$20 = $34.99 and then sell the PS3 copy on top of that after redeeming the PC code. Pretty much got it for around $5 depending on how you look at Amazon credit. It's like real money to me anyway since I always shop there.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting for a price drop also. I heard it was really good, but singleplayer games nowadays have to be simply amazing for me to shell out $50 for no replay value.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Will wait, already finished it at a friend, it was a fantastic experience, it just felt right compared to Portal that was a weird experiment, but it was too short and CO-OP was extremely frustrating, barely finished a few maps with the guy I played, I don't really care about it anymore since it has 0 replay value but I'll get it when it's cheaper, it's well worth having.
Valinor85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Valinor85
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

Man i hate steam. but i got Portal 2 for $35.

Man for Homefront, it freaking installs half the game when u buy the disk and u have to dl the other 5gigs... srsly and the disk was 7 gigs.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I hesitated on the $35 sale... so now I'm paying for it. I can wait though. I got plenty of games to catch up on.. and The Witcher 2 is just on the horizon.
nathan_till

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 nathan_till
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

Me !

I dont even think i will be picking it up, unless it comes as a package like the orange box.

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Pre-ordered it and loved it, worth every penny I spent. Ending song is also epic.

"Goodbye my only friend. Oh, did you think I meant you?"

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Im half way through it now, brilliant so far, much better than the first.

I suggest people buy it now if you can afford it, Giant Bomb's 5/5 review is spot on!

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

call_of_duty_10

Right on the box it says that you need steam to play it.

call_of_duty_10

Ummm do you have a 5' cable hanging mid air? Why the hell are people walking around your pc in the dark anyways?

call_of_duty_10

There's a feature on windows called Lock the damn pc... Windows key + L. As long as the only account is PW protected, nobody will get in.

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting for a price drop also. I heard it was really good, but singleplayer games nowadays have to be simply amazing for me to shell out $50 for no replay value. Swiftstrike5
With Valve you can trust them to make a legendary single player, just look at their resume
Nubukon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nubukon
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts

I just finished playing Portal for the first time, and I'm dying to play Portal 2. However, I've read (or assumed XP) that Portal 2 is still a bit short, so I'm willing to wait for a price drop. Luckily the short campaign of Portal was alright, considering I bought it for $10.

AraiDaiichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AraiDaiichi
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts

Not I, I may buy it when it gets like $5 or less. I didn't care to much for the first one.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34797 Posts
I'm not that eager to play it right now, so I might wait for a price drop, or get it sooner. Haven't decided.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Elann2008

I just finished playing Portal for the first time, and I'm dying to play Portal 2. However, I've read (or assumed XP) that Portal 2 is still a bit short, so I'm willing to wait for a price drop. Luckily the short campaign of Portal was alright, considering I bought it for $10.

Nubukon
I hear it's around 9 hours.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="Nubukon"]

Elann2008

Took me 6 hours, but I rushed in most places, the only thing I cared about were the in game commentaries :P they really worked on it, everything just flows, there are few choke points that make you think really hard what step you should take.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
I haven't because I lost my job several weeks ago and well can't risk splurging out on games with my savings... Till I get a new job then I will dedicate half pay check to games and Japanese curry.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

not yet, im playing way too many games at the moment.

and of course there is always the chance of a sale or price drop. :)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Nubukon"]

DanielDust

Took me 6 hours, but I rushed in most places, the only thing I cared about were the in game commentaries :P they really worked on it, everything just flows, there are few choke points that make you think really hard what step you should take.

Ahh, well not too bad I guess for a puzzle game. I won't feel so bad waiting for the price to drop a bit then.
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

I'll get it soon, too busy with Shogun 2 for now.

BlueHarvest28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BlueHarvest28
Member since 2010 • 323 Posts

Ill get it, its only £29 on steam but I wait for a price drop. Playing DOW2 ReT ATm

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

I haven't bought it yet, after seeing Crysis 2 drop not even after a month, and bulletstorm down to £14, I'm waiting.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Im waiting for a price drop, and by the time that happens most of the games ill be waiting for will be out and i probably will be playing them, so it will probably be a year before i even get the game.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

I must admit i didnt try Portal ... And i was wrong. Portal 2 is soooo fantastic mind game and funny at the same time i cant stop playing. Brilliant stuff 50 might sound alot for this game but overall it delivers epic win. After original Dead Space , this is the next on my "best new franchise of this gen" list

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Not yet. But it's my birthday next week, and I might get it as a gift. If I don't, I'll be buying it soon as I can.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Portal was awesome, but it wasn't really something that felt like it needed to be a full length 50$ game.

Plus I'm busy with the witcher atm.

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

I haven't got it yet. Have to wait a few paydays. Bills come first.

artitech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 artitech
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts
Fantastic game so far, everything you'd expect from a Portal game and then some. Can't wait to try co-op with a friend once I finish the sp.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

I haven't and I won't until I feel like playing it, and I see it $20 and under...

Brazucass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Brazucass
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

I wont buy it. Didnt like the 1st game

yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

I'lve bought it for PS3... can't even register it on my Steam account because the PSN servers are down!!! I'm just raging! :evil: