Who else wants a new Aliens vs. Predator game?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thswarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thswarrior
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I know this has probably been discussed before, but WHY hasn't there been anything about a new one? AVP2 isone of the most fun shooters I've ever played!! Does everyone agree, or am I alone on this one?

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

i didn't like avp2 at all, but i loved the original - it's still one of the most unique fps games around... i would love a third game in the series, though, definitely

with the upcoming avp2 film, who knows - maybe we'll see something...

drphizzle0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 drphizzle0
Member since 2004 • 338 Posts
I would love one. However, I could deal with a different community. I'm sick and tired of the hackers, and the people thatcomplain about using disc and smartgun.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I would love a new AvP game. Definitely.
I loved the first 2 games. I'd also love to see the return of the Skirmish mode. I've had great times with that.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
I just got myself a copy of AvP2. It still stands up, even today. Atmosphere is great, and its pretty scary to play as a marine.
Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts
I too would love to see a third game of this series.
Valramil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Valramil
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
Hell yes, they were amazing games and they should make a new one.
BNB2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BNB2000
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
I'm not gonna join the love wagon here, so I'm just gonna say I'd be happy if they made a new one with ass kicking graphics so real that I can't sleep for a week after I've played for just a couple of hours.. Ohhh man
Avatar image for woolysockofdoom
woolysockofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 woolysockofdoom
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts
I liked the first two games, but I would say the first one had a better Marine campaign (darker, scarier), but the Alien campaign was cooler in the second one, if only because you started as a face hugger (WOOT!). I would appreciate a third one; they could do a lot with it.
GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
sure
Orcishman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Orcishman05
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
Another AvP would be awesome. The multiplayer in AvP 2 had more modes and such but the original was much more suspenseful for Marines and Preds. Suspense is good.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I would love to see one
Valamil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Valamil
Member since 2006 • 298 Posts
Definitely.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
same here i would love to see a third one
Copaseticbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Copaseticbob
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

Agreed, another one would rock! With the new lighting effects, high res textures, multi cpu/gpu - you could have a lot of good looking aliens on screen...

XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts

i love that game of course i would like to see another :)

I remember that one mode *survival or something like that* and we would go down and the pit and the aliens would have to leap down to get us :)

Projekt_Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Projekt_Enigma
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Ohhh you have me drooling over the possibilities of a next-gen engine driven AvP game.. YES,YES, and YES. Developers and Publishers should pounce on this concept.
tsb247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 tsb247
Member since 2004 • 1373 Posts
Sign me up! I think I might even have AVP2 installed still... That was an awesome game!
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Another AvP would be awesome. The multiplayer in AvP 2 had more modes and such but the original was much more suspenseful for Marines and Preds. Suspense is good.Orcishman05
Agreed. It is in my opinion that the original is better then the sequel, but the sequel is still good. Anyway a third game could be amazing and should definitely be made.
superduperdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 superduperdog
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
I want to see another one. I loved em both and a third one would make me jump for joy.
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts
I've been waiting for years now for Monolith announce it. I'd much rather have a new Alien versus Predator than another FEAR or Condemned game.
ZaMmAeL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZaMmAeL
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I can see that nobody here would like to see another AvP :P

I have to say that i'd love to play a new gen AvP for pc. Maybeone with teams. I do really want to play as a marine and watch my team scared andfukced up, or play as an alien and advance as my bros get pwned by a machine gun. dunno.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34805 Posts

i didn't like avp2 at all, but i loved the original - it's still one of the most unique fps games around... i would love a third game in the series, though, definitely

with the upcoming avp2 film, who knows - maybe we'll see something...

mfsa

I agree. I liked the first game. Didn't like the second. Would like to see a third.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
I'd love a new avp game, loved both 1 and 2. And they were both highly successful so i wonder why a third one hasn't been made!!! It's the same with the No One Lives Forever games...
thswarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thswarrior
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Wow... I guess I'm not alone in wanting a new one... now we just have to wait and hope it happens soon!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts
I think a 3rd game to the series would be great, especially considering the advances in the gaming industry today. I mean imagine the Predator vision types with todays graphics!
Keanbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Keanbean
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts
Well Gearbox is currently making an Alien FPS (Just Aliens and Marines but its a start). If the movie does well this year (which its lookin like it will based off of the trailer they released) then I think it would all but guarantee a third game.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mimic-Denmark

Well Gearbox is currently making an Alien FPS (Just Aliens and Marines but its a start). If the movie does well this year (which its lookin like it will based off of the trailer they released) then I think it would all but guarantee a third game. Keanbean

The trailer released for the upcoming avp2 movie is TERRIBLE. It's mostly only gore they show in the trailer, which is NOT the reason why the original movies were so great. Plus the setting in avp2 is retarded too, i mean aliens and predators in a small town in modern times... Atleast the first avp movie had a more hostile environment.

Keanbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Keanbean

The trailer wasnt all about the gore, it showed that they are bringing back some classic aspects of the Predator and Alien films. Look at the Pred for example. Hes not the NFL linebacker crashing through walls, hes a tall lean built hunter that is just as suited for jumping through trees as he is crawling through sewers. Hes not there to help the humans, hes there to hunt (or in this case clean up the mess that been created) he could care less wether they live or die.

The environment (while not staying very true to the original Alien films) works perfectly for an AVP film, Colorado has urban and natual environments that show off the strengths of both Alien and Preds and its got quite a few military bases so you dont just have country folk with shot guns fighting against them.

I personally liked the first one but I dont think it gave a good representation of either creature nor did it live up to either of the original series. Either way this is a game forum so enough about movies, lets just hope monolith gets in gear and makes the third game already.

koza_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 koza_76
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts

I know this has probably been discussed before, but WHY hasn't there been anything about a new one? AVP2 isone of the most fun shooters I've ever played!! Does everyone agree, or am I alone on this one?

thswarrior

You are right sir.

NeoGuillotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NeoGuillotine
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts
This game is so unique that I do not care if it will have new weapons, or new super race. All i would like to see are new levels and good story.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

I would love a new AvP game. Definitely.
I loved the first 2 games. I'd also love to see the return of the Skirmish mode. I've had great times with that.
Doom_HellKnight

I second that! Id love to see a return of the series and a skirmish mode (this time with more maps, some allies etc).

abysmal-mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 abysmal-mk
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
yeah cool . . . i remember when i played this game on arcade :lol:
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts
me! i remember played the old avp game and it was pretty fun
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mimic-Denmark

The trailer wasnt all about the gore, it showed that they are bringing back some classic aspects of the Predator and Alien films. Look at the Pred for example. Hes not the NFL linebacker crashing through walls, hes a tall lean built hunter that is just as suited for jumping through trees as he is crawling through sewers. Hes not there to help the humans, hes there to hunt (or in this case clean up the mess that been created) he could care less wether they live or die.

The environment (while not staying very true to the original Alien films) works perfectly for an AVP film, Colorado has urban and natual environments that show off the strengths of both Alien and Preds and its got quite a few military bases so you dont just have country folk with shot guns fighting against them.

I personally liked the first one but I dont think it gave a good representation of either creature nor did it live up to either of the original series. Either way this is a game forum so enough about movies, lets just hope monolith gets in gear and makes the third game already.

Keanbean

Monolith dosnt have the rights to make a new one, its fox that sadly has the word on that.

And i actually liked the predators look in avp, it made sence since they were fighting aliens with acid :)

RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
I loved AVP2 multiplayer. I wouldn't change a thing game play wise, just bring the gaprhics up to date and I'd buy it.Playing the alien was cool.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="Keanbean"]

mimic-Denmark

Monolith dosnt have the rights to make a new one, its fox that sadly has the word on that.

And i actually liked the predators look in avp, it made sence since they were fighting aliens with acid :)

The new trailer looked fine to me, but I do wish that AVP had taken place in the Alien time frame. The "Aliens" were not really discovered until a long time after 2004 or whenever that movie was meant to take place. The Predators had been coming to Earth ever since the dawn of man so having them in the future would not be as big of a deal as having the aliens in the past.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 1005

For anyone interested there was a book written in the 1980's i think, by Stephen and Stephanie Perry called "Aliens vs Predator: Prey". The book is set in the future where humankind has space travel and colonised multiple planets (abit like Aliens2), the story takes place on one of these planets where a small colony of ranchers are breeding this "space cow" like animal and begining a new life there. The predators have dropped pods full of face huggers on the planet aswell, not knowing humans have colonised it. The aliens begin to infect the "space cows" and ranchers resulting in a massive hive of aliens. As the story progresses the leader and sole surviving predator of the hunt has to team up with the human woman in charge of the colony. And together they battle the aliens until the predator fights the alien queen on his own while the woman starts a self destruct sequence blowing the colony up and destroying any hope of getting off the planet. Ultimately the predators last act before he dies is making the woman one of his "tribe" by marking her with his symbol and handing her his gauntlet which has a beacon activated so other predators know she is there. Eventually the book ends with the same woman on the planet 3 years later, in that time she picks up a simple understanding of the predator language and technology using it to help her survive by developing her skills in hunting. Untill one day she is found by a group of predators who followed the beacon to the planet, they accept her after seeing the mark on her cheek. There is two other books i believe continuing the series but i haven't read them both yet.

The first AvP film took this storyline and butchered it by changing the timeline, setting and story. I think had they followed the books setting and storyline they would of made a better film as the book really captures the essence that the Aliens and Predator films both had. This new AvP2 film looks like it will follow the book more, except that from what i've read the predator doesn't side with the humans. He is a solo one predator army killing everything.

So i hope someone decides to make a good AvP3 game, because with todays gaming technology it would be excellent. All it needs is to follow the same concept of the previous games but upgrade the engine, graphics, lighting etc and you have yourself one amazing/scary game to enjoy!

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts

Herrick would also like to see another Alien vs Predator game. I also think it would be cool if they made a good FPS game just for the Predator. I always thought the Predator had the weakest campaign in the A vs P games.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 smokeydabear076

For anyone interested there was a book written in the 1980's i think, by Stephen and Stephanie Perry called "Aliens vs Predator: Prey". The book is set in the future where humankind has space travel and colonised multiple planets (abit like Aliens2), the story takes place on one of these planets where a small colony of ranchers are breeding this "space cow" like animal and begining a new life there. The predators have dropped pods full of face huggers on the planet aswell, not knowing humans have colonised it. The aliens begin to infect the "space cows" and ranchers resulting in a massive hive of aliens. As the story progresses the leader and sole surviving predator of the hunt has to team up with the human woman in charge of the colony. And together they battle the aliens until the predator fights the alien queen on his own while the woman starts a self destruct sequence blowing the colony up and destroying any hope of getting off the planet. Ultimately the predators last act before he dies is making the woman one of his "tribe" by marking her with his symbol and handing her his gauntlet which has a beacon activated so other predators know she is there. Eventually the book ends with the same woman on the planet 3 years later, in that time she picks up a simple understanding of the predator language and technology using it to help her survive by developing her skills in hunting. Untill one day she is found by a group of predators who followed the beacon to the planet, they accept her after seeing the mark on her cheek. There is two other books i believe continuing the series but i haven't read them both yet.

The first AvP film took this storyline and butchered it by changing the timeline, setting and story. I think had they followed the books setting and storyline they would of made a better film as the book really captures the essence that the Aliens and Predator films both had. This new AvP2 film looks like it will follow the book more, except that from what i've read the predator doesn't side with the humans. He is a solo one predator army killing everything.

So i hope someone decides to make a good AvP3 game, because with todays gaming technology it would be excellent. All it needs is to follow the same concept of the previous games but upgrade the engine, graphics, lighting etc and you have yourself one amazing/scary game to enjoy!

I read that novel a few weeks ago, but I read Hunter's Planet before so it was kind of weird reading the original after reading the sequel. Anyway the resemblance of this story and the movie is apparent and like you said it was butchered really bad. I also agree that making the movie follow the lines of Prey would have made it better.
DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts
The movie sucked hard but another game would be great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 1005
Surprises me that no one has made a mod for HL2 using the Source engine, there is Alien and Predator models for CSS/ZombieMod available. And it wouldn't be that hard i imagine the make it, just change the crowbar for a predator spear and make the gravity gun the plasma cannon?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58543 Posts

Hell yes!

I loved the second one, only played a demo of the first game. Playing as the marine was terrifying, playing as the alien was just fun (especially eating brains!), and playing the predator was, well, just straight-up cool!

I'd like to see a third one. I think a revamped Doom 3 engine (remember how cool the Strogg complexes looked in Quake 4?) or the new engine iD is making would be ideal.

Man I love AvP2, think I will load it up when I get home.

BNB2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BNB2000
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
Eww Gearbox .. Count me out
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

/signs

I'd love to see a new AvP game.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#46 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts
As I said in an earlier thread, a new AvP3 on the Doom engine would be awesome, it's perfect for this kind of visuals.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58543 Posts

Eww Gearbox .. Count me out BNB2000

Whats wrong with Gearbox? They made HL: opposing force and that was pretty cool.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="Keanbean"]

smokeydabear076

The new trailer looked fine to me, but I do wish that AVP had taken place in the Alien time frame. The "Aliens" were not really discovered until a long time after 2004 or whenever that movie was meant to take place. The Predators had been coming to Earth ever since the dawn of man so having them in the future would not be as big of a deal as having the aliens in the past.

You can thank hollywood for the avp modern setting. Its just because its cheaper for them...

Keanbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Keanbean

There was actually a group of people making AVP3 using the original AVP engine (Im not sure what its called) but Fox shut them down a few months ago. As for the Story for the first AVP movie, yea they butchered it pretty badly.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I wouldn't mind another AVP sequel, unlike a movie the second game had a mildly entertaining plot.. And multiplayer can be enhanced on so many levels as well..