Which game do you find most frustrating/annyoing/enraging?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 matte3560
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

Personally, I have to say Trackmania is the most frustrating game I've ever played. The margin for error is so small, and sometimes the game is really unpredictable (especially the dirt sections of tracks). More often than not, I find that my Trackmania session ends with me smashing my fist on my keyboard in rage. I'm just happy I have a cheap keyboard :P

Anyone else feel the same about any other game?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Frustration in TM goes away with skill :P it also helps playing at least once (finishing) the tracks that you race on. Recently, I'd have to say Toki Tori, Braid was easier :P but also more enjoyable, it was a superb game, but Toki Tori is decent well worth the price.
matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 matte3560
Frustration in TM goes away with skill :P it also helps playing at least once (finishing) the tracks that you race on.DanielDust
I guess it's true that it gets less frustrating as you get better. The thing is, I race go karts IRL, so you'd think I was good at it. Apparently I'm not though, and it just makes me furious sometimes.
Avatar image for WufusRainwright
WufusRainwright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WufusRainwright
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts

Virtua Tennis 2009 on the normal difficulty setting is almost impossible - after two hours of playing you're ready to smash your fist through your monitor.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Crysis and Fallout 3. Hate me :P
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Crysis and Fallout 3. Hate me :PCrimsader
Crysis hates me too but thanfully not fallout 3, i am like a god in that game.;)
SinfulPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SinfulPotato
Member since 2005 • 1381 Posts
Hmm, I found Crysis really easy on the hardest mode. Although I was really making the most of out the nano suits abilities. If you use them correctly its a cake walk. BAck in the day on the NES, a game called castlevania... *shutters* So very hard.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Hmm, I found Crysis really easy on the hardest mode. Although I was really making the most of out the nano suits abilities. If you use them correctly its a cake walk. SinfulPotato

Same here. In fact, I'm thinking of playing Crysis in Delta without cloaking once and see how far I get (dealing with the helicopter gunships will require some thought).

As for games that frustrated me...... I could think of any number of twitch games in the Amiga. Psygnosis' Shadow of the Beast was one.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#9 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I have a few broken keys on my laptop keyboard because of Trackmania

Dawn of War II has been irritating me a lot lately but not the game, people who drop while the game is loading or right when the match starts instead of staying and surrendering if the opponents are too tough.

Sewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sewaged
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
Currently I would say that Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the most enraging game right now for people who have wasted $54.00 on it and still experience connectivity issues on such a high scale. Other than that, Bioshock 2 really annoys me as well. For some reason I have so many bugs in my game. Sometimes my plasmid hand will freeze up, or disappear. Currently it's disappeared and I can't get it back. LOL. Someone please say this has happened to them as well?
Xaviuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Xaviuz
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'd have to say Bad Company 2 is driving me insane with the constant crash to desktop in single player campaign. :cry:

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
I can't think of a PC game offhand. However, Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 is proving to be really damn hard. Still fun though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

Frustration in TM goes away with skill :PDanielDust
It damn sure as hell took me a metric frakton to get anything resembling "skill" with those games : (

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 matte3560
[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Crysis and Fallout 3. Hate me :Pdakan45
Crysis hates me too but thanfully not fallout 3, i am like a god in that game.;)

What's so bad about Crysis? I found it pretty easy even on delta, and I'm the run and gun kind of guy... Fallout 3 though, it's definitely one of the most irritating games I've played. Not because the game itself was hard or anything like that, but because it crashed every 10 minutes... I still finished it though, all 60 hours of it!
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Crimsader"]Crysis and Fallout 3. Hate me :Pmatte3560

What's so bad about Crysis? I found it pretty easy even on delta, and I'm the run and gun kind of guy... Fallout 3 though, it's definitely one of the most irritating games I've played. Not because the game itself was hard or anything like that, but because it crashed every 10 minutes... I still finished it though, all 60 hours of it!

Wel i did not find it pretty easy despite the difficulities and i am a run and gun guy but i also used tactics. Basicly it annoyed me that the weapons could not hit anything in comparison with other games and your character cant take many hits. Combine those too and you get me missing and the ai hitting me all the time. It felt annoying and frustrating. I would prefer the next game to have more accurate weapons or something. However using the cloak and going behind them was pretty easy, i gues the ai reaction time is unreallisticly fast and the weapons could not be that accurate if you shoot that fast.

Anywat thats my two cents right there.

As for fallout 3? It depends on which patch you use, perhaps the patch you used at that time caused the crashes, diffirent users have reported diffirent stability depending on the patches. I had no problem with the first patches but the latest are rather more buggy than fixing things like they should.

Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts

[QUOTE="SinfulPotato"]Hmm, I found Crysis really easy on the hardest mode. Although I was really making the most of out the nano suits abilities. If you use them correctly its a cake walk. jun_aka_pekto

Same here. In fact, I'm thinking of playing Crysis in Delta without cloaking once and see how far I get (dealing with the helicopter gunships will require some thought).

As for games that frustrated me...... I could think of any number of twitch games in the Amiga. Psygnosis' Shadow of the Beast was one.

OMG! This LOL! Brings back HORRIBLE memories! Damn that game, never did complete it! :evil::cry:

Shadow of the Beast intro....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qipWqOwkceg

callmepain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 callmepain
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
All strategy games ...like AOE...command n conqr n ol. ...!!!! **** **** games
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Singleplayer on Cod WAW. It feels like they're trying to frustrate me as much as possible.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jun_aka_pekto

Wel i did not find it pretty easy despite the difficulities and i am a run and gun guy but i also used tactics. Basicly it annoyed me that the weapons could not hit anything in comparison with other games and your character cant take many hits. Combine those too and you get me missing and the ai hitting me all the time. It felt annoying and frustrating. I would prefer the next game to have more accurate weapons or something. However using the cloak and going behind them was pretty easy, i gues the ai reaction time is unreallisticly fast and the weapons could not be that accurate if you shoot that fast.

dakan45

On the gameplay I recorded here, I don't have any problems hitting the bad guys. As for getting hit. The idea is to absorb some hits and take cover just enough to recover a little. Never mind the parts where I purposely got my character killed.

See?

Crysis Warhead Hunting Aliens in Swamp

Testing Cloak and Game AI

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DanielDust
[QUOTE="callmepain"]All strategy games ...like AOE...command n conqr n ol. ...!!!! **** **** games

If RTS games aren't for you, why suffer?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Wel i did not find it pretty easy despite the difficulities and i am a run and gun guy but i also used tactics. Basicly it annoyed me that the weapons could not hit anything in comparison with other games and your character cant take many hits. Combine those too and you get me missing and the ai hitting me all the time. It felt annoying and frustrating. I would prefer the next game to have more accurate weapons or something. However using the cloak and going behind them was pretty easy, i gues the ai reaction time is unreallisticly fast and the weapons could not be that accurate if you shoot that fast.

jun_aka_pekto

On the gameplay I recorded here, I don't have any problems hitting the bad guys. As for getting hit. The idea is to absorb some hits and take cover just enough to recover a little. Never mind the parts where I purposely got my character killed.

See?

Crysis Warhead Hunting Aliens in Swamp

Testing Cloak and Game AI

Well i dont like the idea of asborbing a few shots and taking cover but the ai that uses nanosuits can asbord hundrends of shots. It just does not make sense, it seems to me like people defend an obvious flaw of the game i just pointed, for "whatever" reason. It feels to me like the fanboys in dragon age forum defending the game's low detail textures with crap like "bioware came up with the muddy texture because....." or whatever reason. But since you record gameplay, you could show me some of that run and gun gameplay that you dont have problems hitting the bad guys and you "it is pretty hard to get hit by the ai" I will be waiting for those videos in order to see what i am doing wrong.
quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Singleplayer on Cod WAW. It feels like they're trying to frustrate me as much as possible.

dsgsdfgf

The veteran campaign on this game was the first thing that popped into my mind. I literally pulled my hair because of how many times I died in certain spots. I kept playing anyway because I was determined to finish it. In the end, I felt a sense not so much of accomplishment but of relief that it was finally over. Otherwise, I found the campaign to be enjoyable on lower difficulties, especially co-op.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Battlefield 2...you need a killer rig and the graphics aren't even that impressive.

Good thing I got the game for only 10 dollars.

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 matte3560

Battlefield 2...you need a killer rig and the graphics aren't even that impressive.

Desulated
Errr... BF2 isn't that demanding, it runs fine on my 5 year old laptop. If you're talking about BC2, just set it to DX9 mode and you get a massive FPS boost.
Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky I can't seem to play it for more than half an hour with out throwing a fit, It either crashes or I find a glitch and the worst ones are the ones that stop you from doing a mission and most of those are down to NPC glitches. I want to get the latest one but I played that at a friends house and well seems better but I came a across a crouch glitch of some sort well it was that or my lower torso was walking under the actual floor, told Danny and he said that its happened a few times to him. If you want to play a STALKER game then just get the first along with the 2009 mod, its by far the most playable and the experience is arguably the same.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

matte3560

Errr... BF2 isn't that demanding, it runs fine on my 5 year old laptop. If you're talking about BC2, just set it to DX9 mode and you get a massive FPS boost.

Meh, it may not be as demanding now but when it came out, you needed a killer rig to run it.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

[QUOTE="matte3560"][QUOTE="Desulated"]

Desulated

Meh, it may not be as demanding now but when it came out, you needed a killer rig to run it.

I don't really remember that. I've owned Battlefield 2 since shortly after release and I never had problems. I'm running a 5 year old core 2 duo, and I think I even ran it on my Pentium 4 I had before that.
Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
Trials 2.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

GTA4. I hate how Niko moves.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

GTA4. I hate how Niko moves.

Baranga
i hate how he talks, drives and all the characters in that game.
matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 matte3560
Trials 2.Gamartto
Oh, yes. Trials is amazingly frustrating sometimes.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DanielDust
[QUOTE="Gamartto"]Trials 2.matte3560
Oh, yes. Trials is amazingly frustrating sometimes.

I never actually "finished it" :P the last 2 hard maps are just too extreme for me.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jun_aka_pekto

Well i dont like the idea of asborbing a few shots and taking cover but the ai that uses nanosuits can asbord hundrends of shots. It just does not make sense, it seems to me like people defend an obvious flaw of the game i just pointed, for "whatever" reason. But since you record gameplay, you could show me some of that run and gun gameplay that you dont have problems hitting the bad guys and you "it is pretty hard to get hit by the ai" I will be waiting for those videos in order to see what i am doing wrong.dakan45

It's not hard to get hit by AI. They'll always find ways to hit you. But, you do have regenerative power and health. The idea is to attack or ambush were you have cover handy so that you'll be able to regenerate your health and power. You do have to balance the time to regenerate with firing back. You have to fire back. Otherwise, the KPA will overwhelm your position. Taking cover just long enough to regenerate green and blue to say 20% and then cloak should be plenty in gunfight. Just keep repeating it.

On that Warhead clip, I didn't even need to cloak. I used a weapon the way it was designed for. Of course, I had to had to good aim too to get one shot one kill on the small aliens (they're much nastier than the big flying ones). Plus, I was doing a fighting retreat, keeping all the aliens in front of me (and on the business end of my gun).

As for the AI absorbing hits...... You have to remember that distance have a huge effect on hitting power. The closer you are, the more lethal your weapons are. KPA nanosuits work the same way as the player's. If they're cloaked, their armor is also low. One blast from the shotgun at pointblank range is normally enough to kill them, two shotgun blasts tops. From a distance, the gauss rifle is the best although it can still take two hits to kill a KPA nanosuit at full armor.

Of course, Crysis isn't a total cakewalk. My character still get killed from time to time and that's still using the nanosuit. That's why playing the game without a cloak at Delta is going to be very hard. But, I like a challenge.

I'll post videos when I can. Sometimes the action gets too hectic for me and I forget to press the record key.

Here's a sample of KPA Nanosuit vs Shotgun

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dakan45
Sorry but i am not in mood to start a crysis discussion let alone i dont play the game anymore and i have not palyed it for a long time. I would like to see your skills though in a gameplay video using those thing you said.
hellgod10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hellgod10
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

trackmania and Football manager, no doubt

i hate it when i begin a series of games without winning, even though i have 3x the shots on target compared to my opponents

pzoranni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pzoranni
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

god damn far cry 1 campaign on the hardest difficulty, playing against the zergs, and getting team flashed in cs 1.6

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jun_aka_pekto

Sorry but i am not in mood to start a crysis discussion let alone i dont play the game anymore and i have not palyed it for a long time. I would like to see your skills though in a gameplay video using those thing you said.dakan45

Gotcha. Just check my (and others) YT site from time to time. I post a lot of my gameplay junk in there whether they're lame or not. He He.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Virtua Tennis 2009. That guy said it. The AI is so goddamn flawless.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#39 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Resident Evil 5 gameplay was frustratingly imbalanced.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Wii Baseball that game with the system... yeah sorry but is mighty frustrating on pro difficulty.

Playing Counterstrike on a bad day, it gets sad on how much you get owned you may even shed a tear.

TF2 rocketmaps their tough.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#41 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I can see how you could get frustrated by trackmania, but for me because the margin of error is small you have a real opportunity to do better each time you repeat a track, it's addictive for me like that. Frustrating would have to go to the Volcano level in Far Cry, extremely irritating for me.
theG_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 theG_man
Member since 2009 • 210 Posts

Drgons lair 3d lol it wasmy 1st ever game.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
Hmm. Mass Effect 2 on insanity is making me cringe. I cannot get past a certain room in archangel's recruitment
archerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 archerus
Member since 2003 • 241 Posts

Street Fighter 4 makes me want to punch baby horses.

serieus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 serieus
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

I love playing L4d2, but I almost can't stand the community. Ragers, absolute hotheads who talk nothing but racist, sexist absurb SH|T. I just don't get how a game is fun only if you win and if you win then you get to completely demoralize the people who lost. It's like people don't get that without people losing from time to time (or always in some cases ) then there wouldn't be a community to play with at all. I know it's not only L4d2, but the community's been quite disappointing as of late. Oh yeah this happens quite often also between teammates as well, instead of working together they blame each other for the loss, LAME. Here's hoping that peeps mellow out and just try to have fun.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Little Big Adventure: Twinsen's Adventure is the most frustrating game I've ever played. Any little mistake you make, you are arrested and go back to the start, and again, and again and again. And worse: there's no way to save manually, because the game automaticallysave every time you complete a story event. The game isn't bad, much to the contrary, it's awesome, but needing to escape the prison again and again is damn frustrating.

Twinsen's Adventure

kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kazakauskas
Member since 2008 • 1332 Posts

Sim City 4 : when your glorious city has a crysis from nowhere and you just cant fixe it . In the end you just drop that city and start new :/

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#48 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I forgot about Far Cry... that one mission where you have to blow up the helicopter from a sinking ship was evil... and the last mission was absurdly difficult.

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts
Risen. Took me 3 months to get to chapter 3, where it got a little more interesting.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jun_aka_pekto

OMG! This LOL! Brings back HORRIBLE memories! Damn that game, never did complete it! :evil::cry:Anarchist-TKC-1

Neither did I. I got past the underground level to the left. Not much after that. Psygnosis games tended to be on the hard side for me. There were other Amiga twitch games that were too hard for me. Shufflepuck Cafe tended to be hard too at the later parts.