Which case is best?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kamuikankatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kamuikankatsu
Member since 2005 • 596 Posts

Iv currently got the original Thermaltake Soprano, which iv had for well over 7 years, and while its done good, its needed slight modifications over that time to be able to find newer hardware into it. So I was looking to get a new case before I go out and start buying other parts for a new system. Where I keep my computer is about 515x260x500 (HxWxD), but i should be able to deal with a slighlty higher Depth if needed. Iv found 2 cases which im pretty keen on but cant decide which would be best. 

Thermaltake Chaser A31 Mid Tower Black - Was my original thought but I have since found alot of reviews with people saying its cheaply made. Part apparently just fall off stright out of the box if your unlucky. But Its the right size i was looking for and is only $90 from my retailers. 

Corsair Graphite 600T White - Was something I looked at then I first started looking, and While i love the look of the case, and going by reviews is a decent build qulity, its $200. Its also alittle bit bigger then Id like, but should still just fix into where Im planning on having it.

So the 600T seems like the better choice, but I dont know if its worth the extra cost. I plan on keeping the case for at least as long as I had kept my current one, so at least 7 years. So something thats a decent quility and will hopfully fit all future parts into is kinda important. Does anyone have any experiance with either of these? Or know of any major issues. 

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Iv currently got the original Thermaltake Soprano, which iv had for well over 7 years, and while its done good, its needed slight modifications over that time to be able to find newer hardware into it. So I was looking to get a new case before I go out and start buying other parts for a new system. Where I keep my computer is about 515x260x500 (HxWxD), but i should be able to deal with a slighlty higher Depth if needed. Iv found 2 cases which im pretty keen on but cant decide which would be best. 

Thermaltake Chaser A31 Mid Tower Black - Was my original thought but I have since found alot of reviews with people saying its cheaply made. Part apparently just fall off stright out of the box if your unlucky. But Its the right size i was looking for and is only $90 from my retailers. 

Corsair Graphite 600T White - Was something I looked at then I first started looking, and While i love the look of the case, and going by reviews is a decent build qulity, its $200. Its also alittle bit bigger then Id like, but should still just fix into where Im planning on having it.

So the 600T seems like the better choice, but I dont know if its worth the extra cost. I plan on keeping the case for at least as long as I had kept my current one, so at least 7 years. So something thats a decent quility and will hopfully fit all future parts into is kinda important. Does anyone have any experiance with either of these? Or know of any major issues. 

Kamuikankatsu

no but this being said i see no reason why you couldnt go with one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133197

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257

ne 1 here will vouch for the haf X its a tried and true beast o burden and its not cheaply made one bit, the thermaltake level 10 GTS is also fairly reputable the gts is a cut down level 10 GT and well the level 10 GT was (when it was on the market as BRAND NEW) the best case at that point in time (activision saw fit to make a limited edition CoD edition no word of a lie and that should speak volumes about how good of a case it is considering acti doesnt give two f!cks about pc gamers). so that one also gets a recommends from me

HelpWithPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HelpWithPC
Member since 2013 • 140 Posts

This is the case I am getting and I think you might like it. It is the rosewill blackhawk. Offers good cooling and space for the price. But you can also go with your choices and ionusX. You can get on amazon (new) for $69.99.

Kamuikankatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kamuikankatsu
Member since 2005 • 596 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. The Rosewill case I cant get as my retailer doesn't stock their stuff. But it looked nice, it was a simple sleek design. The Level 10 GTS looked promising, but those HDD bays would annoy the hell out of me, shame too cause my retailers got the white limited edition ones available for $99. But if I'm going to keep a case for as long as possible I don't want to be looking at it thinking something looks annoying. As for the Coolermaster one, It looked good, but I'm noticing a lot of reviews saying the plastic is quite cheap, which if that's the case I would just pick up the original Thermaltake one I was thinking about because that was the only thing i was worrying about that. But with all that being said I'm starting to swing towards the Corsair 660T. It seems like a super popular case, looks good and doesn't appear to have a lot of definite negatives. The only problem is its pretty expensive, but if its good and will last and i wont get sick of looking at it I suppose its worth the extra. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

I'll always recommend the HAF X for performance, though it's not exactly a sleek case.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Coolermaster HAF X.

I always owned Coolermaster cases and loved them. Currently have the HAF 932 Advanced, and it's absolutely superb.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Coolermaster HAF X.

I always owned Coolermaster cases and loved them. Currently have the HAF 932 Advanced, and it's absolutely superb.

Cyberdot

and the haf 912 was the best budget case after the centurion 5 that coolermaster ever made, nuff said

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I have and love my white 600T, though it is expensive (it shouldn't be $200, though, I paid around $130) and some people say its cooling performance is so-so. I've never had an issue, and I love its stormtrooper look. According to NeoGaf the single best PC case you can buy is the Fractal Design R4. It is cheaper than the 600T and good for building a quieter PC.