Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

I'm looking for a 4K Graphics card, but I'm wanting something that can handle 28-45 FPS on current gen and previous gen games at low to medium settings. I currently own an RX 570, which I think may work with most titles, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm also not too interested in future releases due to the rampant Micro-transactions, but if I do buy a new AAA game in the future, I'll be more than happy to downscale it back to 1080P if need be.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

Sure throw 4K at your 570 using the games you want to play and see how it fairs :). If you are happy with it then no point in upgrading. It was never really designed for 4K though so don't expect much.

I had an RX 580 4GB and it got around 22FPS at 4K in rise of the tomb raider at pretty close to its highest settings (i think i couldn't max textures due to the lack of Vram). Not really playable.

I currently have a Vega 64 and it runs Shadow of the tomb raider at it's highest settings at around 35FPS at 4K.

I have also seen a GTX 1080 put in a solid showing at 4K in games like Doom 2016.

So if you are happy with the lower framerate something around the Vega64/GTX1080 level of performance will probably do the job for ya (not those specific cards mind unless you can find a really good deal).

A 5700 or a 2060 super could be worth a look at.