What would you like to seen in Diablo 3?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

salil_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 salil_707
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

Anything that may come to your mind!

Let your Diablo imagination run wild.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
A rogue class :?
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

A rogue class :?Crimsader

To add onto this, more classes than what they're offering.

Avatar image for NThenIHadSumTea
NThenIHadSumTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NThenIHadSumTea
Member since 2010 • 73 Posts
Less rainbows. More Diablo.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
A deep storyline with complex choices, like in Dragon Age.
Avatar image for NThenIHadSumTea
NThenIHadSumTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NThenIHadSumTea
Member since 2010 • 73 Posts
A deep storylinebiggest_loser
Dragon Agebiggest_loser
complex choices biggest_loser
Does not compute. DA has a generic fantasy story flavored with BioWare cliches, and the choces don't affect anything in general.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="NThenIHadSumTea"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]
Dragon Agebiggest_loser
complex choices biggest_loser
Does not compute. DA has a generic fantasy story flavored with BioWare cliches, and the choces don't affect anything in general.

The only game I ever played where choices REALLY made a difference was Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I can't speak about DA though since I've only played less than a quarter....
blizzgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blizzgeek
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I would like to see more classes.

owza48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 owza48
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts
The multi-player to be just as addictive as Diablo 2.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

I want join groups of 20 homies and repeatedly kill baal for phat loot!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

No bots, duping, hacking, rushing, online stores, and all that other horrible stuff (I rush, but I would prefer there is not any rushing, although bots are the most of my concern).

I think they are doing most things right though, and fixing all the broken mechanics. I cannot wait for this game!

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

For them to patch up Battle.net 2 before Diablo 3 comes out. I also want the story to be cool.

kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kazakauskas
Member since 2008 • 1332 Posts

I want to see more chalenging game . In D2 80+ character didnt have any problems soloing hell . I want to see in D3 even highest lvl having a chalange soloing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

For them to patch up Battle.net 2 before Diablo 3 comes out. I also want the story to be cool.

ArchonOver
Knowing Blizzard I'm sure the story will be awesome...
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Mule Bank

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts
I'd like to see low level skills not become obsolete. I'm pretty sure they have addressed that.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StopThePresses
A deep storyline with complex choices, like in Dragon Age. biggest_loser
Ugh, no thanks. That's barely even the same kind of game. It's certainly not conducive to the hop-in-and-play online style of gameplay that I like about Diablo II.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StopThePresses

Mule Bank

Tuzolord

Yes, please. I'm pretty certain they did already say there will be a shared stash.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StopThePresses

blizzgeek
You'll get them in the expansion. :P Anyway, one thing that was great about Diablo II was that different builds for the same class often felt like entirely different classes anyway. I'd rather have a few classes with a lot of options than a lot of classes with hardly any options. I guess what I'm saying is that beyond a certain point, the more classes there are in a game, the more those classes are either boring or they have a lot of overlap with each other's abilities. Of course they also need to have room for more classes in the inevitable expansion. If they just put them all out now then the expansion would probably seem somewhat lame, really.
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

no cookie cutter builds /pipedream

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StopThePresses

no cookie cutter builds /pipedream

BLaZe462

Well, it is a pipe dream, since there is always going to be something that is "optimal" for obsessive min-maxers.

At least they nerfed Static Field way back when, though. That crap was just silly.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

I would like to see them take out that crafting BS. I want to freaking chop people in half with lots of blood...not craft crap.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StopThePresses

I would like to see them take out that crafting BS. I want to freaking chop people in half with lots of blood...not craft crap.

edinsftw
You don't have to do the crafting. There was already essentially "crafting" in Diablo II with runes, by the way.
Manyac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Manyac
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts

if you check out the artisan video they mention that there is a new form of crafting in d3.

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

Rainbows. :P

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I'd like to see low level skills not become obsolete. I'm pretty sure they have addressed that.StopThePresses

This is only true with some kind of buildings, As example: my lvl 89 Fanatic Zealot kill using a lvl 6 skill: Zeal.

What I want: a high res Diablo II with at least 8 players supported. The cut down to 5 is embarrassing.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]I'd like to see low level skills not become obsolete. I'm pretty sure they have addressed that.Ondoval

This is only true with some kind of buildings, As example: my lvl 89 Fanatic Zealot kill using a lvl 6 skill: Zeal.

What I want: a high res Diablo II with at least 8 players supported. The cut down to 5 is embarrassing.

Eight players always was just a zerg-fest anyway, not that the game was particularly hard to begin with. Tied to this is that, with that many players, a lot of time stuff is dead practically before you even do anything. I don't think that I get anything more out of having seven other players than I do out of having four. It never added anything to the game for me at all, honestly.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I would like to see a release date. Oh wait.. that wasn't your question. Umm.. I agree with post above me.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StopThePresses
I would like to see a release date. Oh wait.. that wasn't your question. Umm.. I agree with post above me.Elann2008
Mine or Ondoval's? :P (You could have been typing that as I posted mine.)
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

I want to see a more complex random dungeon creator where you can't memorize the layout of a level.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ondoval

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]I'd like to see low level skills not become obsolete. I'm pretty sure they have addressed that.StopThePresses

Eight players always was just a zerg-fest anyway, not that the game was particularly hard to begin with. Tied to this is that, with that many players, a lot of time stuff is dead practically before you even do anything. I don't think that I get anything more out of having seven other players than I do out of having four. It never added anything to the game for me at all, honestly.

8 players supported: 4 vs 4 team duels = heavy incentives to keep playing in order to equip fully specialized duel characters (VERY expensive).

5 players limit: no team duels = 1/2 of the multiplayer fun disgraced = no incentives to keep playing due the lack of challenges.

Any defense about the reduction of the max amount of players from 8 to 5 is absurd, is a feature nerfed there's no other way to describe it.

salil_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 salil_707

blizzgeek

there are over 20 classes in D3, check the update on IGN or kotaku. dunno y gs hasnt covered it,

salil_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 salil_707
I would like to see a release date. Oh wait.. that wasn't your question. Umm.. I agree with post above me.Elann2008
well said mu friend, well said indeed!
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ondoval

[QUOTE="blizzgeek"]

salil_707

there are over 20 classes in D3, check the update on IGN or kotaku. dunno y gs hasnt covered it,

It will be 5 starting classes, at least with the initial game, which 4 of them were already known: Barbarian, Monk, Wizzard and Witch Hunter Looks very probable that the 5th one will be some kind of archer/ranger, also, but this is speculative.

salil_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 salil_707

another thing i dont understand is y didnt people like the "bright and colorful" demo shown last year and asked blizzard to make it darker?

the game looked fantastic back then, now it does look fantastic, jus a bit too dark for my liking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AIobaRP8U3A/SjIFik-UOxI/AAAAAAAAAKY/hCA8nd2fuwM/s400/war+priest+6.jpg

-The above as something akin to a Paladin class.

-Starcraft 2 depth of moddability : P. Seriously it would be great to try to see somebody attempt to make an RTS out of Diablo

-killer kittens

-more classes

-a bit more of a throwback to the artistic style of Diablo II. I'm okay with the current one but I think Diablo III is currently suffering from the "pualdrons that have their own pauldron" stick.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

Well honestly Matt Uelmen isn't doint the music for it like the first 2 diablo games..

That was one of my favorite things about Diablo was the music, help set the mood of the game.

He went to Runic games which made Torchlight, and working on Torchlight 2 and (mmo)

I still am interested in Diablo 3, I hope that whoever is composing the music for it, does a great job at it. I have waited for this game for almost 10 years.

I hope it still has some very dark atmospheric settings, like Diablo 1 and some places in Diablo2.

I would like to see excellent optimization on performance...

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StopThePresses

5 players limit: no team duels = 1/2 of the multiplayer fun disgraced = no incentives to keep playing due the lack of challenges.

Any defense about the reduction of the max amount of players from 8 to 5 is absurd, is a feature nerfed there's no other way to describe it.

Ondoval

I never once team dueled in the game, and barely ever dueled either. I don't care about it. I would not care if they removed PvP from the game entirely. Actually, I'd probably be glad if they did, the way it was implemented, where people who were supposed to be helping could go to town and turn hostile and just generally be annoying. Anyway, it's obvious that a large degree of the game was about what gear you have, which made PvP rather pointless anyway, in my opinion.

You're not going to sell me on the effect it has on a feature I rarely used though.

For PvE, eight players was always a zerg-fest, plain and simple. Stuff flying around everywhere, and (especially if several sorceresses are involved) it's like, "What is even going on? Oh, it doesn't matter. Everything is dead already." If eight players, then why not twelve or twenty? It seems like people are just arbitrarily fixated on the number eight because that's what it was in the previous game. Diablo II was already an easy game. I'm not fooling myself about that. Having that many players just put it in super-easy mode though. All the enemies have more targets to go after, and they can't make everything hit harder because then people would just die in one hit or something, which would obviously be even more stupid.

They could / should (I don't care if they do or not, really) make a seperate PvP arena for people who actually think it's fun to see whose armor has higher resistance to each other's attacks or whatever it is that makes people find PvP in an ARPG compelling.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="blizzgeek"]

salil_707

How about you either provide a link and a quote or we're going to have to (probably correctly) assume that you don't know what you are talking about?

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ondoval

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]5 players limit: no team duels = 1/2 of the multiplayer fun disgraced = no incentives to keep playing due the lack of challenges.

StopThePresses

I never once team dueled in the game, and barely ever dueled either. I don't care about it. I would not care if they removed PvP from the game entirely. Actually, I'd probably be glad if they did, the way it was implemented, where people who were supposed to be helping could go to town and turn hostile and just generally be annoying. Anyway, it's obvious that a large degree of the game was about what gear you have, which made PvP rather pointless anyway, in my opinion.

You're not going to sell me on the effect it has on a feature I rarely used though.

Single player in Diablo II makes not much sense. Cooperative multiplayer is mainly to reach level 70+ in a week or two, or for trading, but once you reach Hell you can either need more people to deal against monster immunities or either you have a very versatile build with god tier items. And when you reach the god tier items status the real deal isn't Diablo Clone or the Uber Tristam, but PvP. PvP oriented gear is more rare, expensive and hard to attain than any other stuff in the game, and to play against skilled players with god tier items is the top of the top.

The game is still broadly popular due high end gear is very hard to obtain, and PvP is what keeps the interest for these god tier items. Disable the PvP and you will see the same coop game that keeps losing players week after week as Left 4 Dead 2.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]5 players limit: no team duels = 1/2 of the multiplayer fun disgraced = no incentives to keep playing due the lack of challenges.

Ondoval

Single player in Diablo II makes not much sense. Cooperative multiplayer is mainly to reach level 70+ in a week or two, or for trading, but once you reach Hell you can either need more people to deal against monster immunities or either you have a very versatile build with god tier items. And when you reach the god tier items status the real deal isn't Diablo Clone or the Uber Tristam, but PvP. PvP oriented gear is more rare, expensive and hard to attain than any other stuff in the game, and to play against skilled players with god tier items is the top of the top.

The game is still broadly popular due high end gear is very hard to obtain, and PvP is what keeps the interest for these god tier items. Disable the PvP and you will see the same coop game that keeps losing players week after week as Left 4 Dead 2.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be about multiplayer. I just said eight players is a zerg-fest. (Well, actually, I added a bunch to the post you quoted while you were typing your reply. )
salil_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 salil_707

[QUOTE="salil_707"]

[QUOTE="blizzgeek"]

StopThePresses

How about you either provide a link and a quote or we're going to have to (probably correctly) assume that you don't know what you are talking about?

as i said i cant remember wher i had read it.... if i do find it, you will br the 1st person i shall tell!

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]

[QUOTE="salil_707"]

salil_707

as i said i cant remember wher i had read it.... if i do find it, you will br the 1st person i shall tell!

I don't see there being more than 7 or 8 classes, and thats at the most.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]

[QUOTE="salil_707"]

salil_707

If I was a gambling man, I'd be willing to bet a rather large sum of money that either you are wrong or the article is. I mean, all one has to do is go to Blizzard's own Diablo III website to see how unlikely that is, really. They revealed four classes and there is one more they haven't. Why would they reveal that there are many more to some publication but then hide it on their own site? It makes no sense.

Of course you don't have the link, because unless one of their reporters really misconstrued something, it doesn't exist.

Sheplerizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sheplerizer
Member since 2010 • 92 Posts

I want a new Diablo game closer to the original in artistic style. Diablo II was way too "cartoonish" for me. Darker = better. We're descending into Hell after all.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StopThePresses

I want a new Diablo game closer to the original in artistic style. Diablo II was way too "cartoonish" for me. Darker = better. We're descending into Hell after all.

Sheplerizer
Only one act of Diablo II was descending into Hell, actually.
Sheplerizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sheplerizer
Member since 2010 • 92 Posts

[QUOTE="Sheplerizer"]

StopThePresses

The end of the game in both is an adventure into hell, no? That's besides the point for me anyways. I always liked the original more than Diablo II. Not really sure why. The atmosphere just drew me in more.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StopThePresses

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"][QUOTE="Sheplerizer"]

Sheplerizer

The end of the game in both is an adventure into hell, no? That's besides the point for me anyways. I always liked the original more than Diablo II. Not really sure why. The atmosphere just drew me in more.

I never can understand why people like the first game more. All that two of the three classes could do was use a basic attack and drink potions. It's probably the one Blizzard PC game that I don't think was all that great for its time. Other then the sorcerer class, it really had no depth at all.

Well, technically they could all use the spells...but LOL.

Mattizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 Mattizzle815
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

Nazi zombies....

salil_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 salil_707

[QUOTE="salil_707"]

[QUOTE="StopThePresses"] How about you either provide a link and a quote or we're going to have to (probably correctly) assume that you don't know what you are talking about?

StopThePresses

If I was a gambling man, I'd be willing to bet a rather large sum of money that either you are wrong or the article is. I mean, all one has to do is go to Blizzard's own Diablo III website to see how unlikely that is, really. They revealed four classes and there is one more they haven't. Why would they reveal that there are many more to some publication but then hide it on their own site? It makes no sense.

Of course you don't have the link, because unless one of their reporters really misconstrued something, it doesn't exist.

i think its possible as Diablo 2's expansion pack which I had played had around 7-8 classes. These included the Paladin and Assassin which, if I recall correctly were not in Diablo 2. So, we might not see all the classes at launch. They might keep adding classes as DLC's.

But, hey if there ARE 20 classes, its a win!

:D