What should I replace my Logitech Driving Force GT with? (Windows 10 Driver Issues)

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

My Logitech Driving Force GT has served me well, but ever since a Windows 10 update a year or so back, launching the Logitech Gaming Software would always detect my wheel as a completely different wheel, which means I no longer had 900 degrees of turning, force feedback, and the pedals didn't even work.

This could be resolved by doing some driver un/re-installation shenanigans with the help of Device Manager, but this only worked as a one-time-use solution. The next time I unplugged and plugged in the wheel, it would incorrectly detect again. So, now I have a question.

What I specifically like about this wheel is the face buttons on the wheel itself instead of a separate shifter, and the fact that the shifter itself is sequential (I don't know how to drive a manual vehicle).

Are there any newer, but still cheap, alternatives that work perfectly in Windows 10 and have a large list of games that support it? Which wheel should I be looking at?