What fps game to buy right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

V_Rapt0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 V_Rapt0r
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

So I rarely play first person shooters (yes rare I know lol), but I'm looking for an fps that will make me say "wow, this is cool!".

My requirements are that it be a recent game (within the last 2 years lets say), and it has to have multiplayer. So what's a recent fps with great gameplay and great graphics?

My first guesses are Battlefield 3, or CS: GO. Are either one of those good, or better than the other? What fps's would you say are the best?

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

FEAR and Crysis.

For multiplayer, Red Orchestra 2.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

BF3 and CS:GO are great choices. Might also want to check out Natural Selection 2.

V_Rapt0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 V_Rapt0r

FEAR and Crysis.

For multiplayer, Red Orchestra 2.

Socijalisticka
Thanks for the replies. So I'll def keep my first guesses in mind then, but I havn't heard much about Red Orchestra 2. I'll go check that out.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

CS:GO is the only option multiplayer wise. It's a shame you said the last 2 years because CS 1.6 is the #1 FPS game. CS:GO is just horrid compared to it. Can't a hold a candle.

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

So I rarely play first person shooters (yes rare I know lol), but I'm looking for an fps that will make me say "wow, this is cool!".

My requirements are that it be a recent game (within the last 2 years lets say), and it has to have multiplayer. So what's a recent fps with great gameplay and great graphics?

My first guesses are Battlefield 3, or CS: GO. Are either one of those good, or better than the other? What fps's would you say are the best?

V_Rapt0r

Battlefield 3 has one of the worst single player campaigns of any "AAA" release in the last 10 years, so unless you have pretty much zero standards, prepare to be very underwhelmed while playing through that pile of crap.

The multiplayer has a pretty strong following though, so as long as you like the multiplayer you should be good.

V_Rapt0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 V_Rapt0r

Battlefield 3 has one of the worst single player campaigns of any "AAA" release in the last 10 years, so unless you have pretty much zero standards, prepare to be very underwhelmed while playing through that pile of crap.

The multiplayer has a pretty strong following though, so as long as you like the multiplayer you should be good.

JohnFifteen12

Hmm. Well that makes me a little nervous to buy Battlefield 3 then, but I would only be interested in the multiplayer yes. I saw a clip of people flying jet fighters in Battlefield 3 and it looked really cool. Can you fly jet fighters in multiplayer in BF3?

@jakes: I agree about cs 1.6. Counter-strike was one of the only fps shooters that I use to play, and the original cs was very addictive :)

oASSASSINo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oASSASSINo
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts
There you have it, bf3. You will not regret it. The mp is award winning and unlike any other military fps out there as far as mp goes. And yes, you can fly jetss along with helicopters. There are countless ribbons, medals, badge you are awarded for progression and there is a huge playerbase both casual and competitive.
telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnFifteen12"]

V_Rapt0r

Hmm. Well that makes me a little nervous to buy Battlefield 3 then, but I would only be interested in the multiplayer yes. I saw a clip of people flying jet fighters in Battlefield 3 and it looked really cool. Can you fly jet fighters in multiplayer in BF3?

@jakes: I agree about cs 1.6. Counter-strike was one of the only fps shooters that I use to play, and the original cs was very addictive :)

I actually loved the single player in BF3, and so did my friends, i dont know it all depends on the person if they will like it or not, it had a ton of intense moments. I even like the single player in Medal of Honor Warfighter which i think is good despite the stupid reviews... thats why i dont trust any review untill i play the game myself.

summerishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 summerishere
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i'm not really a fan of fps games but my friend is currently playing Xcom:Enemy Unknown i don't know what exactly it is if it's new or what but his really into it and also medal of honor..
maxtronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 maxtronz
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've had fun with Singularity It's from 2010, made with Unreal it looks great and has some fun features. Check it out
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

The Crysis series will definitely make you say "WOW this is cool!" when it comes to graphics lol, the gameplay was ok but nothing over the top IMO. You can try some of the Call of Duty games with a couple of your mates which makes the online that much more fun for you. I'd say Battlefield 3 is pretty much a must nowadays with stunning graphics to boast.

Now here comes the fun part, i recommend these games if you're after the singleplayer experience:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is amazing with a powerful, harrowing experience.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are two of my most favourite games ever made, a perfect combination of an FPS and RPG game that makes this an experience you'll never want to forget.

Metro 2033 is a son of a b!tch to run at max settings and a very demanding game even for the latest of graphic cards, but it provides a solid story and a nice atmosphere,

Borderlands 2 is another, with heaps of looting and online play too.

I'm sure i'm missing a few more but these should keep you busy for a while, providing these are your particular taste in games that is.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I don't play it but you know that the new COD game coming out tonight would likely be a good choice too. They apparently "know what they're doing". So sayeth the brogamers.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

BF3 and CS:GO are great choices. Might also want to check out Natural Selection 2.

True_Sounds

This man won! Check out Natural Selection 2! Albeit if you want a 100% shooter this may not be it for you. However, it is a multiplayer-only game that features aliens vrs marines with some RTS elements thrown in. Just play as marines if you want to satiate your shooting desires. I simply can not put this game down, it is soooo much fun.

I definitely think it will appeal to your "Wow! This is cool!" mentality, especially when you get inside a dual-minigun exo suit. Or when you realize the devastation you can unfold when you discover the power of jetpacks + shotguns.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

trijity

This man won! Check out Natural Selection 2! Albeit if you want a 100% shooter this may not be it for you. However, it is a multiplayer-only game that features aliens vrs marines with some RTS elements thrown in. Just play as marines if you want to satiate your shooting desires. I simply can not put this game down, it is soooo much fun.

I definitely think it will appeal to your "Wow! This is cool!" mentality, especially when you get inside a dual-minigun exo suit. Or when you realize the devastation you can unfold when you discover the power of jetpacks + shotguns.

Definitely. Very fun game
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I've had fun with Singularity It's from 2010, made with Unreal it looks great and has some fun features. Check it outmaxtronz

I thought it was bad. l0l

And you can't tell me that online community isn't dead? It would have to be....

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Natural Selection 2 is a great choice if you want to try something a bit different from all the Modern Military shooters the FPS genre is currently plagued with.
naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

You could goto many of the places on these boards and get a key for planetside 2 to get in early, the game releases in 8 days and it is free.

Or there is also tribes acsend another free shooter

Both strong multiplayer FPS without spending a single penny

sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 sloakz
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

Wait for the 20th and download Planetside 2 for nothing or BF3

sniperboyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 sniperboyz
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts
I reccomend: CS:GO, Killing Floor, Day of Defeat: Source Counter Strike: Global Offensive -> Because the side missions (Demolitions and Arms Race), really much fun, even so I prefer CS:S Killing Floor -> Really much fun to play with friends, since it's a Co-op game and without teamwork you'll likely loose! Day of Defeat: Source -> May be boring in the beginning but will get more fun when mastering the weapons, since they got a lot of recoil. (Need to be interested in history as well). The zombie mod is also very much fun! ;) Whatever game you decide to get, these 3 games are a lot of fun! Hope this helped you! ;)