What do you think of WoW??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supersmash322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supersmash322
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts
vote
Ade_Newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ade_Newman
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts

It's very good at what it does but it's not really my cup of tea tbh. I pay a sub for the otehr half to play it and I used to when it first launched but I got bored (thankfully).

Ade.

Hippostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hippostrike
Member since 2006 • 1014 Posts

I only did the 10 day trial so...

It was a good MMO but it isn't worth the monthly fee in my opinion.

Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts

It was a good MMO but it isn't worth the online fee in my opinion.

Hippostrike

You can't understand and enjoy the game in a 10 day period. It takes awhile. 

joeboxer1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joeboxer1001
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
It was a pretty good MMO, i played the 10 day trial. It was just to cartoony IMO. Did anyone else get that? it didnt really make it that much fun to explore, not to mention alot of the monsters just got repeated with diffrent size/colors. I got bored with it before the 10 days were even over. Maybe i never got to the good parts, and im not saying its a bad game. Just not for me.
VirginFingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 VirginFingers
Member since 2005 • 1247 Posts
It's okay. I played it for like a year and a half and im done with it. I'm playing Vanguard and LOTR online now.
Uber_Antwerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Uber_Antwerp
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
I don't really like it that much.  I might think it was better if I didn't have to pay more than just the cost of the game.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
It sucks.
krullex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 krullex
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

Unfortunatly for long time blizzard fans this game has gobbled up all of their free developement time.....for that I detest it. All future titles from blizz have seemingly been thrown into the recycling bin. It's an excellent cash generator and if the publisher was a publicly traded company i wouldve bought stocks the same day this monster was released. As for the game itself, it quite tedious and uninspired. There is no trace of an excellent plotline continuation from warcraft 3 TFT, its just generic drivvle and i dislike it. If any developers read this take note and piss off with the MMO's the era has passed.

xXNightmareXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xXNightmareXx
Member since 2003 • 309 Posts
It was okay for the short while I played, but I guess it wasn't really my cup of tea as someone else said.  I think it was more of a waste of my time than anything else for the month or so that I played.  I think I'll probably steer clear of MMOs in the future. ;)
doomsdaydave11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 doomsdaydave11
Member since 2006 • 1159 Posts
I hate it. I would rather have StarCraft 2
woopty_doo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 woopty_doo
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

It's the reason why there's no Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3 so blizzard and all the wow fans who fork over the money can go to hell.  As long as people buy into the wow crap blizzard will have no reason to move forward, except to make a few wow expansions once in a while. 

With any luck a better mmorpg will come out that'll make people forget about wow and force blizzard to get off their lazy asses. 

NoMercy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 NoMercy2000
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts

Unfortunatly for long time blizzard fans this game has gobbled up all of their free developement time.....for that I detest it. All future titles from blizz have seemingly been thrown into the recycling bin. It's an excellent cash generator and if the publisher was a publicly traded company i wouldve bought stocks the same day this monster was released. As for the game itself, it quite tedious and uninspired. There is no trace of an excellent plotline continuation from warcraft 3 TFT, its just generic drivvle and i dislike it. If any developers read this take note and piss off with the MMO's the era has passed.

krullex

I totally agree. I played WOW for about a year and and i must admit i became a bit of an addict. I was a big fan of Warcraft 3 before i started to play WOW and the reason for that was that I very much enjoyed the storyline of the whole Warcraft world. But after a year of playing WOW the story seemed to have totally disapeared and replaced by a monthly fee and grinding. So with no storyline resurrection insight i eventually quit. It makes me sad that all the greatness of the Warcraft storyline has been turned into nothing more than a poor MMO game that is frowned upon bu the world for being addictive. WOW could have and should have been something much greater but the fact is it has destroyed all of Blizzards fanschises.

MattProspect19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MattProspect19
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts
I love it, but IT STOLE MY LIFE!!!!
Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 Stowik
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

It was my first MMO.  Ah, the memories...I spent well over 500 hours gametime playing it and don't regret it.  However, I got really tired of that game, and can't go back...especially with Vanguard on my hard drive...

For more details *shameless self-promotion* check out my player reviews of WOW, Vanguard, Ultima Online and Guild Wars...if you're interested in my opinion.

Ashley59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ashley59
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I don't play it anymore, as I'm not happy with the game community.

However, this game helped hundreds of thousands of people play MMOs. The average player is ageing and therefore, hopefully, many Wow gamers will turn to other sub-genres in the next few years (where role-playing counts for more) 

uff_noodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uff_noodle
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
The game steals peoples' time. At first the game is slow paced...but you begin to realise after a while....that you need to invest unecessary amounts of time in order to obtain anything decent at all. 5000 gold for a mount, no thank you, i would like my life back. Its not a game, its a money maker. I've played it since release so i've got my fill and know the ins and outs of the game. Thankfully i've quit now, but its not worth playing if you are looking for a GAME, because its not that.
SunnySimantov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SunnySimantov
Member since 2005 • 784 Posts

As my English teacher would say: It's not my cup of tea.

I do enjoy all kinds of games and have "some" MMORPG experience, but god, it's so mainstream that it disgusts me. I'll never be a part of a "flock".

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
[QUOTE="Hippostrike"]

It was a good MMO but it isn't worth the online fee in my opinion.

Shortbob

You can't understand and enjoy the game in a 10 day period. It takes awhile. 

lol.......there must be something wrong with the whole TRIAL idea, then.

plus, why is this stickied??

Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Avitu666
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts

Oh God...Not ANOTHER WoW thread...

WoW is OK...

it isn't bad, but it's definitely not the best Mmorpg on the market either.

It's rather like MMorpg for beginners 

Morfessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Morfessa
Member since 2005 • 854 Posts

I really enjoyed it while I played it. It took too much time, though, and I took forever to get to the high levels. I couldn't keep up with my guild, either. After I quit, I only missed it for some of the cool guildmates I had grown to know. We still keep in contact via messenger, however. Some guy in another post said that WoW was boring, yet he had played for "hundreds of hours" ... I don't understand this kind of person ... if it is boring for you, there is no reason to play it for such a long time, eh? Ooops, there I go off-topic, heh ...

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

It owned me pretty good... in the end I wound up logging over 3,000 (yep, 3,000) hours played. I've been playing games for over 20 years and didn't have an experience quite like it, especially pre-BC WoW raiding. Everyone's experience with this game is different, but all the console games in the world can't match the experience of 40 people cheering your name after main tanking on a first-time Nefarian kill. I loved being a part of the community too and wound up finding one of my best friends from WoW. But I fell into the trap of addiction -- I didn't really buy into game addiction until this game got me. For that reason, I'd only recommend it if you have a lot of time on your hands and no plans to do anything else with it and do not have an addictive personality, and even so I'd recommend only playing casually so that you don't let it take over your life.

As far as quality it's my first and only MMO so far so I can't compare it to anything in that regard. Ultimately I found it to be a more rewarding game experience than most of the games I have played.

mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
Yeah i liked it..i miss it :cry:
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I like it, although I am leveling slow as hell to get the mount:P, currently level 36, gonna just kill monsters till 40:D
bacho18n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bacho18n
it's a game only for children:)
henelorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 henelorm
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
  its ok when your tring to hit lvl 70..but, when you do be perpared to be bored.
hecklemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hecklemonkey
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
I play WoW to just mess around and chat over ventrillo with friends, in other cities, that I don't get to see very often.
analgrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 analgrin
Member since 2003 • 1564 Posts
I think its a very good all round game, great for playing on your own or joining up with people to go on a quest or just hang around in the bars talking to people. i like the social aspect of it and the way its so open ended. Just wander around admiring the views chatting to people as they go past, pick up a quest here or there as you wish. It helps that someone else in my house plays this on a separate pc so we often go on quests together -just a little sad i know :oops: I have found that generally every 20lvls or so i have to stop playing for a few weeks as i get a little bored but at times i have played this for 12 hours straight
Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts

I like it, but this and City of Heroes are the only ones ive played.

and also, there isnt a neutral option.... it just goes from its the best mmo ever!!! to boring comments.  Wheres the "I like it" option?

christinme1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 christinme1234
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts
it is ok but the time it takes to make the game fun is way too long for me.  I hit level max once and then tried to do it again and the tedious grinding to get a mount and then 60 and then 70 was just not worth it.  No fun in the missions just tedious go kill this x amount of times for x amount of gold and exp.  Great items are way to damn hard to find and require to much time to make it worth it.
tehrealdoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tehrealdoa
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts

WoW sucked alot of hours of my life away, I don't like it as a game because it is

25% Luck 50% Gear and 25% skill

I would like to play games that is 100% skill, but I do play WoW as a social outlet. It is hard to keep gamer friends when all they do is play WoW now adays.

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

I think its a GAY game, I dont know why they made the game.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
Eh I don't think anything, I don't want to play it.
red_shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 red_shock
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

To be fair, I played both WoW and EverQuest (in '99), and given that the EverQuest: Anniversary Edition being released with 15 expansions for $20 tomorrow, you should easily notice how much in depth EverQuest goes in content. You can't go wrong with it. Everything you wished WoW had, you were just one MMO away. Yep, I'm going back to it and I am dying to get it tomorrow!!

chansama16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chansama16

It was a good MMO but it isn't worth the monthly fee in my opinion.

Hippostrike

just google WoWscape for a private server ;)

phalluman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 phalluman
Member since 2004 • 961 Posts
its fun. its a game and its fun. why not play it.
underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
Social life > WoW
Avatar image for deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935
deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935

Forum Posts