What do you PC gamers think about Killzone 2?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

f22rf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 f22rf
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
As a PC gamer, I'm really impressed. I'm really surprised howGuerrilla managed to pull off this one. It really looks beautiful, might I say too beautiful for a PS3 game? I was very skeptical when I saw the first trailer a few years ago, but it seems they've really done it. I still think Crysis (and Warhead of course) looks better, but this one is really close. Though I also think (from all the vids I saw) that the enemy AI sucks. Wouldn't be bad if it was out for us PC gamers to enjoy (never happen, but you get the point), it would've looked the way it suppose to look also.
I don't think that it will be the one answer Sony was looking for bringing up their console (struggling might I say), but it sure would help. Thoughts?
BTW anyone knows what engine they have used?
PwningStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PwningStick
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts
Meh, another generic consolite shooter, I won't lose sleep cause I can't play it.
noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts
Meh. Doesn't look special IMO.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
It looks like it could be an enjoyable shooter. I'd like to try it sometime.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

Well the visuals look nice, but apart from that Killzone 2 is going to be a very standard shooter. Hell it's not even going to have co-op apparently and the game is going to be 8~10 hours long :?

pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
As a PS3 owner, I'll probably rent it. But i'm saving my money for other PC stuff.
RayCharles09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RayCharles09
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts
It looks graphically amazing but I'm a little worried about the gameplay.
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
Despite it's many, many, many flaws, I was a huge fan of the first Killzone. So if I got play it then I'd love it. I'm not very picky with a lot of my games, I like Dynasty Warriors for Christ's sake!
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#9 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
The cut scenes look terrific, although the game play does resemble things like COD4 etc. I'm sure its very slick and polished. They owed it to the PS fans to make sure this one actually lived up to its hype. I just don't like the characters name, "Jan Templar" - I mean who the hell came up with that?!
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
The graphics are brilliant, despite all the "Killzone 2 looks better than Crysis" threads popping up that simply aren't true. Apart from the stunning visuals however, the game looks to be nothing but a standard shooter, but one can assume nothing more from a console FPS.
f22rf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 f22rf
The cut scenes look terrific, although the game play does resemble things like COD4 etc. I'm sure its very slick and polished. They owed it to the PS fans to make sure this one actually lived up to its hype. I just don't like the characters name, "Jan Templar" - I mean who the hell came up with that?!biggest_loser
I also don't like his looks, too punk.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts
It looks to be a good game, an above average fps, Im not expecting game of the year, or something like that tho.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Overhyped as hell, have you been to SW lately?, its KZ2 V Crysis threads every 4 seconds, its so damn annoying.

I wish this game would come out so everyone could shut up about it. god.

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts
Killzone isn't anything special, the first one sucked because you couldn't jump, that was my only problem with it. I own a PS3 but I don't see me getting it for awhile, im not really into playing FPS's on consoles. The game looks great, but who cares, its all about how it plays.
Avatar image for TacticalElefant
TacticalElefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 TacticalElefant
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
Looks awesome. If I get a PS3 again, I'll definetly pick it up. The first person cover system is really cool as well. It's funny though, the original Killzone was being developed for PC as well as the consoles, but then SCEA got Guerilla to make it a Sony exclusive. Makes me wonder at the potential of what might have been considering Killzone is a great idea/concept, it just happens to be limited by the hardware. But yeah, I'm honestly excited for Killzone 2. Looks to play like Call of Duty except more tactical and futuristic.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
hmmm nothing really special about it. It looks like ur average shooter. Yea graphics are good but we've seen better, anyways. I'm sure its going to be an enjoyable game but am also pretty sure, most PC FPS gamer will not even notice the game if it didn't hit the PC. Personally, I'm not even aware of the game till you brought it up. p.s any self-respecting pc-gamer would not have the HALO guy as his sig :P
Avatar image for Mapleleafs4life
Mapleleafs4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mapleleafs4life
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts
the graphics are jaw dropping and i wont hesitate to say its the best graphical game i've ever seen, I believe its ahead of crysis in terms of pure eye candy, although crysis is a more graphically complex game with the physics and engine and what not. The game play looks pretty good and i like the overall move with your character design of movement to everything you do. But my biggest worries are that it looks too generic and stale, I guess we'll have to wait to see how it turns out.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#18 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
It looks like a fun little corridor shooter. I would get it if it was on PC and I had a monster of a rig.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#19 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Meh, not a big fan of Killzone.
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
As a PC gamer, I'm really impressed. I'm really surprised howGuerrilla managed to pull off this one. It really looks beautiful, might I say too beautiful for a PS3 game? I was very skeptical when I saw the first trailer a few years ago, but it seems they've really done it. I still think Crysis (and Warhead of course) looks better, but this one is really close. Though I also think (from all the vids I saw) that the enemy AI sucks. Wouldn't be bad if it was out for us PC gamers to enjoy (never happen, but you get the point), it would've looked the way it suppose to look also.
I don't think that it will be the one answer Sony was looking for bringing up their console (struggling might I say), but it sure would help. Thoughts?
BTW anyone knows what engine they have used?f22rf
What do PC gamers think about Killzone 2? We don't, really.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

I read your entire post and didnt see a nything about gameplay.

This is the PC gaming forum. Gameplay is number 1 here.

With that said, I didnt see anything too interesting from the few vids Ive watched. It might be a vanilla but fun shooter (a la Quake 4), but more likely it wont be anything special.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
it just looks alright. the first one was hyped of the halo killer but that didn't happen, the controller were bad. it just looks alright, who knows what the game will be it has been hyped for like two years now.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I'm impressed by it visually, but I'm not certain about the gameplay yet. It seems like one of those games that will either be really good or flat out generic and disappointing with fancy graphics being the only aspect worth mentioning.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i don't pay much mind to it. i'm never getting a ps3 so it's none of my concern.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
As far as console shooters go I'm really looking forward to it.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Nothing special really .. just a same run of the mill shooter where you will be more interested in looking at the game and much less interested in actually playing it
MarioJP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarioJP_
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
I am on the neutral. PC gaming is my favorite platform. With that said let the consoles have their share of fun since it TOOK FOREVER to finish this game. Crysis in the other hand was done quickly with very awsome results. Now as far as graphics comparison would be i think crysis has the best eye candy. In fact we haven't even touch ultra high settings in crysis. But the thing is it took this long to make a game to look this good crysis in the other hand did not. so we are not worried about it.
Maverin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maverin1
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
too good for a ps3 game??? are you aware that this game only uses 50% of teh PS3s capability? are you also aware that the videos you've been watching probably weren't in HD?
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Watched a couple more vids and it kinda reinforces that its just a generic shooter, gameplay wise. The muliplayer vid reinforces this, its slow, aiming is clunky and just lacks ooomph. Story-wise, it looks kinda interesting and the intro sequences is cool, dropping from a hovercraft and such. I guess, the game is going to be good for console gamers, perhaps the next big thing after Halo. So yeah thats basically it. PC gamers would probably treat the game like how they treated Halo when it came to the PC. With disinterest. Not that we are being condescending or anything, its just that FPS is the PC's stronghold, it was born here. We've have seen A LOT when it comes to FPS. To make us PC FPS gamers impressed, a game needs to achieve alot LOT more than just scripted sequences, no matter how action-packed it is.
MarioJP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MarioJP_
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
too good for a ps3 game??? are you aware that this game only uses 50% of teh PS3s capability? are you also aware that the videos you've been watching probably weren't in HD?Maverin1
and you also aware crysis has not reached its full potential either. keep in mind that it is also very complex game. People are barely able to run the ultra high settings. Crytek engine just looks beautiful. Gameplay wise is complex too but needs improvements.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i don't know what disturbs me more.....those who bash the game without playing it or those who bash the game without owning a ps3.

anyway, there's isn't much for a pc gamer to talk about K2, is it? since it's a ps3 exclusive and most likely would not come to pc. glad you're open minded enough to appreciate another platform's success tho, TC. :)

CoW_201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CoW_201
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
Meh
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

i don't know what disturbs me more.....those who bash the game without playing it or those who bash the game without owning a ps3.

anyway, there's isn't much for a pc gamer to talk about K2, is it? since it's a ps3 exclusive and most likely would not come to pc. glad you're open minded enough to appreciate another platform's success tho, TC. :)

Jinroh_basic

we are not bashing the game. We, or at least I, was bashing the TCs comments and how he did not mention a single thing about gameplay. It was a paragraph-long tangent about how amazing the graphics are, ending with a question as to what game engine it is.

Anyway, I will admit I am a gameplay-centric PC snob. However, I do have an appreciation for good console games. But until I find out the gameplay is awesome in Killzone 2, and as long as visual-centric hypsters keep spouting their stuff, I am going to come off sounding like a cynic.

I may be a PC snob, but I am fair.

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

BTW anyone knows what engine they have used?f22rf

Well firstly no one here has played the complete game to actually gudge and secondly Killzone is quite far off crysis and warhead on a technical level

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#35 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I think it will probably flop
f22rf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 f22rf

Jinroh_basic
Thanks mate. I wanted to see what my friends here at the PC forum think of what they've seen till now about the game- MAINLY graphics- wise, not about the damn gameplay, cuz it probably gonna be more or less like most other FPSs. Thanks for sharing mates.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
I don't care about it honestly. Its also the sequel to a medicore game so I don't get the hype for this game.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

I really don't care. If it beats Crysis, so what? Let the people who spent $600 (LOL!) on a PS3 have a moment of glory.

Next year PC gamers will simply upgrade a $200 GPU and wipe the floor against a PS3.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Looks like a high-budget everyday corridor shooter with generic grimdark graphics to me. Mehrific.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I think when PS3 users get over the eye candy, which does have some very good animations and post processing for a console game, they will be looking at the game play for longevity.

Granted I'm not a PS3 gamer so have no reason to keep track of the game, but from what I have seen the game play has been done by countless other games. PS3 users are making too much of a big deal out of this game, the constant comparisons to Crysis says enough on how hyped some of them are. I think even they recognise the game play is nothing special because when it is brought up in System Wars they tend to say "it doesn't have to do anything new to be fun".

At the end of the day it comes down to it being platform exclusive. If it was cross platform, even if it was exactly like it is now, it wouldn't receive anywhere near the attention it does now. PS3 users better hope setting it up as the next coming of Christ doesn't come back to bite them.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
Quake 4 with iron sights.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

Visuals looks very movie quality. I really enjoyed the first trailer that was released in 2005 but compared to the actual game in comparison it's not that bad despite a change in the color palette for a more grittier game. The gameplay however is really lacking in addition to important features missing that resonates with online connectivity to compared to games like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 ect. It just doesn't look very fun to play when you look at how high the bar is set for the visual fidelity. Eager to see and hear more from Killzone 2 in the upcoming month.

To answer your question bud this game is not going to move more PS3 hardwares due to the high price console compared to competitors. From researching Killzone 2 uses a deferred rendering engine.

Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

looks like a shooter I would enjoy playing, althrough it's quite generic, but that never turned me away from a game

but ffs stop hyping it like it is the second comming -.-

vedomedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vedomedo
Member since 2004 • 370 Posts
imo the game looks way to "ordinary" it's nothing revolusionary ... just another shooter
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
imo the game looks way to "ordinary" it's nothing revolusionary ... just another shootervedomedo
the first good looking Console shooter I've pretty much ever seen. Vedomedo has it right. check this out: (Crysis/Killzone2 graphics comparison) http://www.split-screen.com/2009/01/11/visual-comparison-crysis-and-killzone-2/
dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
Standard shooter for a PC,masterpiece on the PS 3.Still i hope i will get the chance to try it out one day :).
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

To it's credit, the fact that it's drawing so many comparisions to Crysis visually would indicate they've done a great job in that aspect with some great production values.

However, for me personally, it's difficult to get excited about the visuals because it appears the game is going to be a corridor/COD-style (certainly more enclosed than Crysis) type of first person shooter. Also, while of course the mold can still be broken, this direction lends itself more easily to standard/generic/shallow shooter gameplay.

In addition, regardless of the visuals that it's pumping out, and even at first if they seem at/near Crysis level, they simply aren't going to be able to attain the resolutions capable with Crysis as well. Granted, many non-PC gamers won't notice or understand that, and if a person is gaming on a "smaller" TV and/or sitting from a respectable distance, it would be more difficult to distinguish.

Looks intriguing though. Let's see how some reviews and impressions come along and I potentially might be tempted to pick up KZ2 ;)

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#48 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
its the most awesome fps i ever seen, i believe this is how fps should be... oldschool fps, and all those users who say its an average generic shooter... :) but thats the point kill all those idiotic shooters that mix gameplay, people who play them are not hardcore fps players like me, i wish we have it for pc :(
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Wow I didn't know that PC games thought that every console FPS looks so damn "standard" and "genaric".

I am trying to think of a PC FPS that isnt as "genaric" as Killzone 2 and I cannot think of anything. By all of your logic all FPSs are "genaric" and "standard". Its sad really. A game that shows amazing potential to be a great shooter and it is simple bushed off as "genaric".

By all means, find me a great PC shooter in the last few years that doesn't involve running around and shooting people, either linearly or in a "open-world".

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#50 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts

Wow I didn't know that PC games thought that every console FPS looks so damn "standard" and "genaric".

I am trying to think of a PC FPS that isnt as "genaric" as Killzone 2 and I cannot think of anything. By all of your logic all FPSs are "genaric" and "standard". Its sad really. A game that shows amazing potential to be a great shooter and it is simple bushed off as "genaric".

By all means, find me a great PC shooter in the last few years that doesn't involve running around and shooting people, either linearly or in a "open-world".

Wasdie
non standard and generic: crysis non linear: crysis or far cry 2 running around :mirrors edge not shooting people : chronicles of ridick portal generic and standard? all old fps like half life console fps? resistance, black, halo, killzone, :( all of them