What about Modern Warfare 3 for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thumbler76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Thumbler76
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts

How is that game? I ask to other people because actually i can't play the campain at all, it crashes to windows during the intro movies!

Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Arthur96
Member since 2011 • 950 Posts

I love it. People keep complaining about how it's the same as MW2, and to be honest, they can keep hating. My opinion stands.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Did you like MW2? If so, you will like MW3, as it's pretty much the same thing.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

P2P matchmaking, nuff said. PC version is fail and you might as well get it on console.

Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Arthur96

Did you like MW2? If so, you will like MW3, as it's pretty much the same thing.C_Rule

You really need to stop spreading horse turds all over the warehouse. If you haven't played it, don't comment on it.

Dismiss what he said, because it is not correct.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Did you like MW2? If so, you will like MW3, as it's pretty much the same thing.Arthur96

You really need to stop spreading horse turds all over the warehouse. If you haven't played it, don't comment on it.

Tell us what significant changes were made, then?
Thumbler76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thumbler76
i still prefer pc versions of the games, and i don't have enough money to spend on another platfom version of the same game. If the game industry is anymore capable of doing good pc games i think i'm going to quit.
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
[QUOTE="Arthur96"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Did you like MW2? If so, you will like MW3, as it's pretty much the same thing.C_Rule

New Spec Ops modes, weapon proficiencies, kill streaks have been changed to point streaks, new game modes and Call of Duty Elite. And of course new weapons and perks, but you would probably not call that significant.
Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Arthur96

[QUOTE="Arthur96"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Did you like MW2? If so, you will like MW3, as it's pretty much the same thing.C_Rule

Gameplay tweaks, such as perk changes, which in turn changed the entire pace of the game new weapons, which are fantastic, improved sniping, new killsteak system, all 16 maps are absolutely fantastic, bug fixes, removal of annoying exploits(not hacks), weapon proficiencies for each gun(30 levels on all 40+ guns), 10 prestiges x 80 levels, Special ops survival and missions, great campaign, great optimization, the list goes on.

Not enough?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
@Arthur96. For what I gather the PC version of MW3 is a turd because of P2P, bad framerates, crashes, so it is better to play it on 360.
Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Arthur96

@Arthur96. For what I gather the PC version of MW3 is a turd because of P2P, bad framerates, crashes, so it is better to play it on 360. Miroku32

No, no and no.

The P2P system isn't half bad, maybe not what I was expecting, but I've grown to like it. I never drop below 100 frames per second, ever. Haven't crashed once yet either.

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

You know, I wouldn't complain about the fact that MW3 isn't all that innovative and all, if it wasn't for the bloody fact that it's 60$.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

P2P matchmaking, nuff said. PC version is fail and you might as well get it on console.

Jebus213

It is P2P Matchmaking on consoles too, in fact console development is likely to blame for that Scheiße.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
[QUOTE="C_Rule"] Tell us what significant changes were made, then?

Maps are flattened out and no longer have choke points, i.e regardless of where a player spawns or is at any given moment, which makes the game more fair to players that join into a game late, or those who like to rush around which is why this is the first COD where, by design(COD 4 had servers that ban you for this but they technically don't count) we are encouraged to rush around while still checking corners, sound stalking, and juking other players(again something you couldn't do in COD 1-7 or really any recent game but you could do in old school fast paced games which had far superior to controls and netcode compared to the graphics-first, marketing-graphics-second and gameplay-last motto of FPS today). The point streak system really depends on which servers you're playing on since they can be disabled, but when they are available the 3 point packages do play quite differently and due to the nature of the game, unless you're going up against very bad players, the support package is generally the smartest choice(and this is like with any FPS where there's the standard playstyle and then the reckless playstyle when you're going against bad players). While the PC version may not be the lead platform(it's of course a far better port than Skyrim :lol: ), it is quite well optimized even compared to COD 6 which runs on very modest systems and the visual quality is better on PC especially considering how fuzzy the game looks on consoles after upscaling(which is why setting the game to "native" makes such a big difference) and the console version seems to completely lack shadows, whereas on PC you can see people's shadows as they turn corners or if they're on top of a clip over you. Posting a video of PC version on native with SSAO high will get a lot of console gamers angry because even for this game, the console gamers must weep. Anyway, the gameplay naturally works differently and it doesn't feel odd to switch your perks around to suit your mood since they've been adjusted so there is no natural preference for a particular loadout whereas in COD 6 you would always run things like stopping power and commando. Keeping in mind the point streak system is actually hardcoded into the game, which is why Crysis 2 and COD 4 was very conservative in this regard since a lot could go wrong. The campaign is something that has continuously improved with each iteration and this really isn't something even anti-COD folks argue, when there are scripted events they feel like they have purpose and are done well which is why I've said the production values of the campaign far exceed COD 1-7 or any other game at the time for that matter. The AI is improved yet again and we have Spec Ops Survival mode which nearly engulfs a few survival based games such as Killing Floor and each of the 16 maps play differently and it quickly becomes important to constantly be aware of where the equipment, gun, and air support shops are which can constantly keep you on your toes, and it rewards extremely good players by giving them the option to spend a lot of money(which you gain of course by killing enemy soldiers/juggernauts/helicopters, etc.) on things like riot shield squads which are hilarious to watch, even if you hate COD. The Spec Ops missions are undeniably improved over COD 6 with being less unfair and yet still overall being more difficult and it's really great for team bonding since there are certain missions where you have one player controlling sentries and another that must hijack system security at various terminals, and while the one in the sentry is the power player, the one on the ground must push forward while being careful to give the sentry orders so as to not get shot down by friendly fire, and only the player on the ground and progress the mission so it develops interesting play tactics in just single missions alone. And then there are the changes made to the multiplayer which I've partly explained already(such as the flattened out maps) but I'd also say it's worth noting, this is the first COD game where I'd see "GG" spammed on my screen at the end of a match as opposed to people complaining and that's on the unranked dedicated servers which have everything unlocked which has many players that have had the chance to try all the loadouts that interest them. And of course I can mention the controls themselves are yet again improved over COD 6 and for people that play games like CSS, Quake Live, HL2DM, etc., this is the first modern shooter whose controls aren't a complete joke ;) As I've said the players move much faster in COD 8 than in any COD which, for the average player, makes it disadvantageous to stop moving and makes headshots more important since very often(at least if your gun skill isn't perfect) you can shoot an enemy where they end up getting away and then they juke you and manage to get you instead, and this is good since it also happens that you can get shot and still turn the battle around a good portion of the time and outplay the enemy.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I think it's pretty good, but I'm severely disappointed with the map design. Wish we could just play all the MW2 maps in MW3, as they were MUCH better designed. I think maps need some sort of flow, but in these it's just.. well they're even worse than Blops maps as far as I'm concerned. You have to check a million corners because everything branches out into everything else, and there are barely any long-range spots at all. Not sure why they even bothered putting ACOG scopes and sniper rifles in the multiplayer at this point.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

I played it a few times at a friends house, pretty much the same as MW2 but gameplay is a bit more balanced. All in all, it's a better game than MW2 but i hated MW2 so....

If you enjoyed MW2 and feel like paying $60 for what is basdically an expansion pack, go for it, you wont be dissapointed.

Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Arthur96

I think it's pretty good, but I'm severely disappointed with the map design. Wish we could just play all the MW2 maps in MW3, as they were MUCH better designed. I think maps need some sort of flow, but in these it's just.. well they're even worse than Blops maps as far as I'm concerned. You have to check a million corners because everything branches out into everything else, and there are barely any long-range spots at all. Not sure why they even bothered putting ACOG scopes and sniper rifles in the multiplayer at this point.

MyopicCanadian

Seriously? I hated MW2 maps with all my being. Sooo many annoying places where people would just stay the entire game, virtually untouchable, and most of the maps got boring ridiculously fast. MW3 maps to me seem to be the best in the entire franchise.

Oh well, everyone's got an opinion.

Thumbler76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thumbler76

I managed to make it work. Thanks god.

I never played a CoD or BF before, and I have found the campain very good, I'm having so much fun playing it! And i usually don't like games based on war.

I'm very happy I have bought it, my only fear is to finish it too quickly!

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
@Arthur Ive played every COD up till this one. The last one I really enjoyed and still play is COD4. Since then its been pretty much the same game (Yes even BO) to me. You say MW3 is better, but I just don't see it. Seems like the same game I've been playing for years.
SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
How is the community on PC? I would like to get it on PC, but I'm not sure how popular the MW series is on it.
Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arthur96

How is the community on PC? I would like to get it on PC, but I'm not sure how popular the MW series is on it. SLUSHiNaToR

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Usually at the top. 70k - 80k a day.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

You know, I wouldn't complain about the fact that MW3 isn't all that innovative and all, if it wasn't for the bloody fact that it's 60$.

Am_Confucius

That's what I'm saying! I liked MW2, it's a decent game I put over 100 hours into it. I'd get MW3 but I don't see myself paying over $30... just no.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zubinen
For anyone who wants a competent old school gamer to play with, add me I'm Zubinen on Steam, Origin, and just about everywhere. I'll play Spec Ops Survival with anyone who is decent(or at least listens and gives callouts), but I'll do missions with anyone.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

I love it. People keep complaining about how it's the same as MW2, and to be honest, they can keep hating. My opinion stands.

Arthur96
I know, I would have to disagree with people saying it's the same as mw2 if anything it's more related to MW1.
Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Arthur96

[QUOTE="Arthur96"]

Fightingfan

I know, I would have to disagree with people saying it's the same as mw2 if anything it's more related to MW1.

Agreed. I couldn't stand MW2, barely played 10 hours, hated the maps, the feel of the guns, everything.

And I don't know if it's just me, but the community in MW3 seems a lot more polite.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Don't waste your money on a cut and paste game.
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
To whoever said this game had a great campaign I laughed really hard.
Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arthur96

To whoever said this game had a great campaign I laughed really hard.monkeymoose5000

Why is that? CoD is known for having an exciting and entertaining campaign.

BF3 on the other hand...

davaniius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 davaniius
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts

I have the game and can say imho that it feels like a tuned up mw2. I like the gun-play as it feels better than mw2 and the weapon balance is better.

I have not been killed often by tube spamming and rpg's.

The audio has improved.

I can't speak for the campaign as I haven't played it yet. I have been playing spec ops survival and the multiplayer.

Spec ops is very good but I wish it was for four players.

I have only seen one laggy connection since launch on matchmaking servers. Other than that it's been fine.

I have played on the dedicated servers and can't really tell the difference probably due to having a fast internet connection though.

The sounds when ranking up have been copied from the other games but it's not that important.

The graphics while not bf3 quality are still very nice plus it can be maxed using older graphics cards. I bought a 6850 this week for my older rig that has a e8400 in it and it's maxed out at 1080p with over 60 frames.

I have not had one crash on either pc's or stuttering. The game runs flawlessly on both machines.

I understand that some folks want to complain about game not innovating much, but it does what it's suppose to do and bring hours of fun like gaming is supposed to do.

And if you haven't played the game, then how can you comment on how good or bad it is?

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
To whoever said this game had a great campaign I laughed really hard.monkeymoose5000
What? It has lots of action, lots of explosions and some over the plot to tie it all together. Pretty much what you should expect for cod, and they executed it perfectly.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
So my 3D world map is all fuzzy now. Looks like a graphics bug/glitch. The entire map blurred out (terrain, snow, etc). The only things that are normal are the icons and map markers. Does anyone know of a fix? I tried reloading a previous save and it's still bugged. I'll post a pick soon.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zubinen

As I've said, it has the highest production values for a game in the grimdark jam-on-face linear modern military arcadish FPS genre, or possibly in gaming in general. Now whether or not the campaign itself is your cup of tea is a different story, the former seems to hold, however. And then of course you'll mention gameplay, and that part itself is quite good too considering it's practically one of maybe a handful of FPS with decent gunplay this year, the most notable one being RAGE, and of course I'd ask you where you were when you could have support the gold standards of gameplay post-2004, Just Cause 2, Painkiller: Black and Red Faction 3: Guerrilla, but maybe you were too busy drinking tea with your pinky up watching Red Dawn and treating Team America as a documentary :P

As for COD itself, it's a game completely specialized on small scale infantry vs infantry combat and this is emphasized even more with COD 8 where point streaks/air support(not to mention the game is designed such that even above average players will have trouble getting more than 4 kills in a row) have been nerfed and the maps as well as movement speed is such that camping will lead to doing worse than otherwise, so it is possible to camp, but unlike with previous CODs, the game is designed to punish you if you try to camp. The community does seem a bit nicer than previous ones at launch, and I suppose part of it is how smooth of a launch the game is, and if a person didn't hear of the game before and were being completely honest, they'd probably say it's a pretty good PC version if they could even tell that the game was available on other platforms. Considering I never get a minimum FPS below 160 while playing I'd say it looks pretty decent for a game that is part of a series that never has focused on visuals http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596954040375467468/01E187E42D02785DF7B022A6F2C60D27233B0F0B/

As for a lot of people comparing it to BF, it doesn't quite follow, BF offers for large scale rock-paper-shotgun combined-arms gameplay that doesn't overcomplicated things, i.e, it's arcadish while still letting you fight as infantry or allowing you to control vehicles with more emphasis on how players work together than how good they are individually(which is a more indirect form of competition) whereas COD offers small scale fast paced gun-on-gun infantry only combat with emphasis on gun skill and in general how good players are individually(at least in the standard modes, the newer modes are filled with some of the... better players so be warned) where the competition is more direct and in this it's more similar, to say, Crysis 2. It's an important skill to be able to understand the ins and outs of each game you become interested in as it leads to a better gaming experience than you would have otherwise.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
Might aswell get COD4 and a dlc, would be the same thing lol. I saw a video on youtube where they copied and pasted buildings from COD4 into MW3 Im sorry but thats pure laziness if you ask me
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zubinen
[QUOTE="SPBoss"]Might aswell get COD4 and a dlc, would be the same thing lol. I saw a video on youtube where they copied and pasted buildings from COD4 into MW3 Im sorry but thats pure laziness if you ask me

Is it really that big of a deal for a single building in the campaign? I mean in multiplayer, sure, it would be problematic because each new game should have maps specifically designed around the gameplay mechanics as well as molded through play testing, oh right: http://imgur.com/a/G2865#15 It's just people looking for things to whine about.
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Might aswell get COD4 and a dlc, would be the same thing lol. I saw a video on youtube where they copied and pasted buildings from COD4 into MW3 Im sorry but thats pure laziness if you ask meSPBoss
Well then don't play BF3 because it has more than a few of the same buildings that BC2 had. Just saying.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
I digged the campaign, I love over the top campaigns. OFC the mp is garbage.
angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 angrules23
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Arthur96"]

Arthur96

Agreed. I couldn't stand MW2, barely played 10 hours, hated the maps, the feel of the guns, everything.

And I don't know if it's just me, but the community in MW3 seems a lot more polite.

It's more polite right now because it's not Christmas yet so all the 12-15 year olds haven't got their copies yet.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
The stupidity of the members of this forum amazes me, kinda the reason why i left. As i said rage graphics were dissapointing, big suprise there. I only log on to prove my point once again. Dice has been a load of crap "we would rather 5 hours of fun than 15 horus of boredom" LOL a broken script deathborring campaign that doesnt let you fly stuff and get off the level if you take a step outside the path is fun? "sp is as important as mp, sp is designed as a tutorial to mp" So yeah, sp was an afterthought and i fail to see how its a tutorial for mp with out flanking and vehicles usage. "we are focussing on innovation" thats why there is nothing innovative in bf3, even vietnam and special forces had more innovation and wasnt so damn bland. Also origin spies pcs like crazy, a german's pc got scanned and got even his sms folder. Not to menton the useless battlelog that you use to change servers, hell the free version of cod eltie offers more than this crap. Mw3 might not have much of "innovation" but it has more innovation than generic standard modern warfield 3. The campaign of mw3 is very good, far better than the garbage of bf3 and for the record, there are games like rage and dead island that put alot of focus on sp but you people keep buying cod clones and thats the problem. Mw3 on pc has: good old steam dedicated servers and matchmaking, lan, mods things that bf3 DOESNT have yet people bought bf3 and bash mw3 like clueless, in the end it comes down to what game you like not what it offers or how "diffirent" it is, looking at series like uncharted, stalker, assasin creed. Huge focus on anti cheat. incresead innacuracy and recoil, hell even in the campaign i had to shoot multiple times, even the sights sway. better textures and lighting and geomery than mw2, SSAO and increased view distance. Only thing it lacks is lean, so lets bash the crap out of it :lol: Now how its not the same as mw2: Poinstreaks instead of camping killstreaks, weaker explsoves so no noobtubes, maps designed to prevent camping, most balanced cod yed, recoil and i cant stress recoil enough, this aint mw2 super duper weapons, no last stand, no commando, or one man army. If anything mw2 feels like cod4 not mw2, i really fail to see how mw3 is mw2.5 when it plays NOTHING like it. But ofcourse clueless cod trolls who have given up in the series a long time ago will go on and on and on in order to prove how clueless they are. Dont bother replying to this post ill never check back, i only checked to see any info on how saints row 3 runs on pcs and i saw this thread and facepalmed on the stupidity of those idiots.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

pelvist

It is P2P Matchmaking on consoles too, in fact console development is likely to blame for that Scheiße.

P2p works much better on console since the player count is MUCH higher. I always get into 50 ping servers on xbox while 100 ping is the best I can do on pc, it takes longer to find games on pc. 360 version is cheat free while pc is a cheaters haven. P2P simply doesnt work on pc.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]The stupidity of the members of this forum amazes me, kinda the reason why i left. As i said rage graphics were dissapointing, big suprise there.

I remember you, the guy who would always argue that FO 4 would released before ES 5.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

MW3's sp campaign is imo better compared to BF3... MP is fun as always, with Spec-ops & survival mode being great..