Vampire the masquerade pc game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Taare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Taare
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

I've searched just about everywhere on google and here on gamespot after news about a new vampire game. Set in the WoD (World of Darkness).

I enjoyed the VtM:Bloodlines immensely and i am wondering whether there is any plans/announcements to such a game?

Also if you have a game to recommend (NOT MMORPG) where you actually play as a vampire and not some holier-than-thou vampire slayer/hunter.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

David

crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

I havent heard of a new one but you could try Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption. Its an old game but still quite fun.

Chickenesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Chickenesta
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
AFAIK theres nothing in the pipeworks yet, I agreed WoD is a fantastic and fascinating setting and I'm surprised its not been used more.
Taare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Taare

redemptiom was cool , and i like the The Legacy of Kain and Soulreaver.

Thanks for the replies.

And i absolutely agree WoD rules :D

David

kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kimkim01
Member since 2009 • 704 Posts

IMO A good game based on WoD should be about the demons [Elohim, IIRC]. The V:TM game was good but it had some minor technical problems.

That being said there hasn't been a lot of WoD-based games. I think I remember one Werewolf game which came out around the time when Deus Ex was new.

johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts

It sure was a pity when troika closed especially bloodlines was awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I would like to see some one like Rockstar possibly do it.. They have shown with games like GTA4 that they can make a unique experience with adult comedy and humor and other such things.. Something that was a cornerstone of the Vampires Masquerade game.
Avatar image for justheretodl124
justheretodl124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 justheretodl124
Member since 2005 • 1255 Posts
I would like to see some one like Rockstar possibly do it.. They have shown with games like GTA4 that they can make a unique experience with adult comedy and humor and other such things.. Something that was a cornerstone of the Vampires Masquerade game.sSubZerOo
Yeah i'd love to see rockstar botch another fun series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I would like to see some one like Rockstar possibly do it.. They have shown with games like GTA4 that they can make a unique experience with adult comedy and humor and other such things.. Something that was a cornerstone of the Vampires Masquerade game.justheretodl124

... What series have they bothced? Grand Theft Auto was a amazing series.. And it shows with the most recent installment they can create the dark deep and humorous atmosphere that was prevalent in Vampires the Masquearde Bloodlines.. I have seen no other dev in recent times that was capable of doing it.. Hell even looking at titans like Bioware, the majority of their games have been hopelessly deriviative in enviroment lacking any real humour aside from the dry humor you see in that type of stuff.. The only recent game that I have seen to even match the atmosphere of Vampires was GTA4.. No I hope they would improve combat and give you the choices you had in Vampires.. Though of course we could always want the original dev to do it, but this isn't a perfect world and that dev is dead.
crapdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crapdog
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts

Vampire Bloodlines is the best "dark" RPG imo

artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts

[QUOTE="justheretodl124"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I would like to see some one like Rockstar possibly do it.. They have shown with games like GTA4 that they can make a unique experience with adult comedy and humor and other such things.. Something that was a cornerstone of the Vampires Masquerade game.sSubZerOo

... What series have they bothced? Grand Theft Auto was a amazing series.. And it shows with the most recent installment they can create the dark deep and humorous atmosphere that was prevalent in Vampires the Masquearde Bloodlines.. I have seen no other dev in recent times that was capable of doing it.. Hell even looking at titans like Bioware, the majority of their games have been hopelessly deriviative in enviroment lacking any real humour aside from the dry humor you see in that type of stuff.. The only recent game that I have seen to even match the atmosphere of Vampires was GTA4.. No I hope they would improve combat and give you the choices you had in Vampires.. Though of course we could always want the original dev to do it, but this isn't a perfect world and that dev is dead.

You can't even force AA in GTA4 and the memory leaks are awesome, too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="justheretodl124"] Yeah i'd love to see rockstar botch another fun series.artiedeadat40

You can't even force AA in GTA4 and the memory leaks are awesome, too.

Yeah because performance bugs is what we are talking about here.... Oh thats right.. We arn't what so ever..
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I loved Redemption so much....ahh the memories.... Bloodlines was really interesting, but it ran so buggy on my system I just couldn't play it... shame. Hope they make part 3, but better optimized than 2....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
I loved Redemption so much....ahh the memories.... Bloodlines was really interesting, but it ran so buggy on my system I just couldn't play it... shame. Hope they make part 3, but better optimized than 2....FelipeInside
You should give it another try using the official patch 1.2 and the unofficial patch 6.1.. It fixes the majortiy of bugs of the game.. I have come across very few.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I loved Redemption so much....ahh the memories.... Bloodlines was really interesting, but it ran so buggy on my system I just couldn't play it... shame. Hope they make part 3, but better optimized than 2....sSubZerOo
You should give it another try using the official patch 1.2 and the unofficial patch 6.1.. It fixes the majortiy of bugs of the game.. I have come across very few.

Did it fix the framerate? I played it on 2 "super" computers and the bad optimization made the framerate shudder... Also, the combat was broken I remember, it wouldn't react or remember your actions....has that been fixed too? Are those patches still available? I have my copy of Bloodlines somewhere around here....
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts
GTA san andres was alot better game than gta IV, if only it had the graphics. hopefully the next one turns out to be better. anyways i really liked redemption better than bloodlines, bloodlines had better graphics and better humor, but redemption had a much much better vampire feel to it. and the leveling system on redemption was much better, with bloodlines there's really not a whole lot of difference between the clans and you couldn't really design your vampire well
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
GTA san andres was alot better game than gta IV, if only it had the graphics. hopefully the next one turns out to be better. anyways i really liked redemption better than bloodlines, bloodlines had better graphics and better humor, but redemption had a much much better vampire feel to it. and the leveling system on redemption was much better, with bloodlines there's really not a whole lot of difference between the clans and you couldn't really design your vampire wellmachiavell8x8
I agree with Redemption been better, it had more that vampire feel....so it was hard to surpass it. Bloodlines did a great job anyway (as little as I played it). GTA San Andreas was great, but I just didn't like the whole RPG feel to it.... get better muscles, defend your neighborhood, I really didn't miss any of those features in GTA4...
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 machiavell8x8
yah i didn't like the muscles part all that much but you gotta admit riding bikes was awesome plus planes ect, and i really liked the gangs myself. also the police overall seemed better in san andreas, as in funner in the game department. i dunno why but i just hate police encounters in gta IV. im not saying gta IV wasn't a good game, just not a great one, and certainly didn't deserve a 10. i played san andreas for alot longer then i did IV, altho i was playing it on the 360, i plan to buy it for the pc soon and hopefully there's some good mods out there to ton it up a bit
Kaelken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kaelken
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts

There are multiplayer mods to both Vice City and San Andreas

But yeah IV was supposed to have been next generation but ended up like a weak copy of GTA III, even the city being a duplicate.

ReubenFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReubenFTW
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

iirc CCP and White Wolf are trying to make a Vampire The Requiem MMO, but it's still in development

as CCP owns White Wolf I think its likely to happen, but given the possible size and complexity of what they want to pull off (think an EVE style WoD) it's going to be a while before its out or publicised that much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="ReubenFTW"]

iirc CCP and White Wolf are trying to make a Vampire The Requiem MMO, but it's still in development

as CCP owns White Wolf I think its likely to happen, but given the possible size and complexity of what they want to pull off (think an EVE style WoD) it's going to be a while before its out or publicised that much

A MMO sounds like a awful idea
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 machiavell8x8
$50 a year is the most i will spend on a MMO, so in otherwords i guess its too bad
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
yah i didn't like the muscles part all that much but you gotta admit riding bikes was awesome plus planes ect, and i really liked the gangs myself. also the police overall seemed better in san andreas, as in funner in the game department. i dunno why but i just hate police encounters in gta IV. im not saying gta IV wasn't a good game, just not a great one, and certainly didn't deserve a 10. i played san andreas for alot longer then i did IV, altho i was playing it on the 360, i plan to buy it for the pc soon and hopefully there's some good mods out there to ton it up a bitmachiavell8x8
True....the police encounters in 4 were more easy to me than SA, maybe I just got better at evading them... I loved SA, pero also the world in 4 felt more alive to me for some reason. In the end, they are both Awesome games, shame 4 was so badly optimized though...
Anti-Repellent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Anti-Repellent
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts

I looooved Bloodlines with a passion. I really wish it'd be continued, but I have high doubts. Considering it's 'age'.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="machiavell8x8"]yah i didn't like the muscles part all that much but you gotta admit riding bikes was awesome plus planes ect, and i really liked the gangs myself. also the police overall seemed better in san andreas, as in funner in the game department. i dunno why but i just hate police encounters in gta IV. im not saying gta IV wasn't a good game, just not a great one, and certainly didn't deserve a 10. i played san andreas for alot longer then i did IV, altho i was playing it on the 360, i plan to buy it for the pc soon and hopefully there's some good mods out there to ton it up a bitFelipeInside
True....the police encounters in 4 were more easy to me than SA, maybe I just got better at evading them... I loved SA, pero also the world in 4 felt more alive to me for some reason. In the end, they are both Awesome games, shame 4 was so badly optimized though...

To me Grand Theft Auto 4 illustrates that Rockstar is capable of making the story dialogue, humor and overall feel that would do Vampire the Masquerade game justice.. Though its a big if on how well they can do dialogue choices, something I don't think they have done before.. Or more open ended ways of approaching things..
Hellwalkerh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Hellwalkerh
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

If you played both VTM and Legacy of Kain then no, unfortunately there are no more games like that. :(

In fact there just way to few games that let you play "Dark Side" character, and half of them are not serious settings, (Overlord)

Taare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Taare

Life sucks huh ;)

and overlord eww

MMO ??? still have to make up my mind about that i genreally have bad experience with mmo's though

Still... It would be better that no other vampire game lol.

Why do developers seems so intent on ALWAYS killing vampires? where is the love?

I would consider blizzard(can't think of bad game the maybe except WoW :P ) or maybe the polish developer of withcer for making the game.

One game came to mind, even though it is not vampirish is the Devil may cry, that is one not nice guy ;)

David

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

Once i've sold my shipment of plain white t-shirts handcrafted by a team of dedicated child labourers.I shall resurrect Troika!