Unreal Tournament 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrFancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrFancypants
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
http://vidyaandnonsense.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/unreal-turn-of-events.html Could it be true?
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

We can only hope so.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
It's been far too long since the world has had a decent Unreal Tournament game. *cue UT4 trailer*
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Why was the UT3 so under appreciated?
Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Yep, the PAX panel yesterday was indeed one big spoon of good news. Epic Games working on a PC title and after that asked about a "Bulletstorm sequel ?" - "People Can Fly are currently working on different title, so we don't know, but the title however has them pretty hyped and excited" ... good news all around.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
Why was the UT3 so under appreciated? C_Rule
it felt... odd. it was supposed to be a throwback to ut99 while still retaining its core, but it never resonated with the old ut'ers. i only ever played ut2004 and i didn't like ut3 as much as i hoped i would. the list of things wrong with it is long, the things that come to mind include having to log into the game, unhelpful server browser, and personally, the removal of wall-dodging and the ridiculously small jumps (which imo destroyed the z-axis gameplay)
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

It was a buggy piece of garbage.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#9 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I dunno if the population would respond that well to UT4 unless it changed things up. I would expect that they might have something new.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Why was the UT3 so under appreciated? GummiRaccoon

Playing the demo doesn't qualify as actually playing the game, the demo was the only buggy thing about UT 3. I doubt it's UT 4 since they will make it on UE 4 and they were pretty clear when they said we won't get UE 4 or UT 4 before the new console wave.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

UT2004 drove people nuts (myself included) because it was frenetic, the weapons were very well balanced and could be combined to get very different playstyles, and the agility of characters allowed players to pull off insane amounts of juggling.

The game itself wasn't too bad, but it was a huge downgrade from UT2004. Taking example from the increasingly popular console shooters, Epic made characters move much slower and focused more on aim alone. As a result of this the weapons and maps had to be changed to maintain balance, and there went most of what made the game.

In short, Epic thought PC gamers were fine with a console game, but we weren't.

When PC gamers told them, Epic took it as a personal affront and, well, cut support for the game.

MRCORNBREAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MRCORNBREAD
Member since 2005 • 371 Posts

forget unreal tournament give us just unreal 4

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Just because it wasn't UT2004... I quite enjoyed the game for what it was, al though not as great as it could be but Warfare Mode was brilliant idea implemented.. Brilliantly!
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I would absolutely love an UT4. UT3 was awesome. Too bad other people for some reason didn't think so, and thus didn't play the game, making it hard to find fun games. The thing I liked the most about UT3 was that it felt like a really good looking UT99. UT04 felt so slow and floaty.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

After 5 years of UT3 gaming, my number of bugs I've come across is zero. Got anything else you can pull out of that ass of yours?

metroid5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroid5
Member since 2004 • 950 Posts
UT 2003 was my fav. :)
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
i liked ut3 ish... going back I see that it's not nearly as good a quack 3, or even the older ut games. It's more clunky, also there feels like there is more input lag in that game even if you disable that one frame thread thing.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

All they had to do...was make UT2004 in UE3. And they messed that up. I'm not sure if Epic can really make a good PC game anymore. Anyway, I don't want to get my hopes up from speculations...

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Knowing the industry these days I wouldn't be surprised if UT4 turns out to be F2P and requires you to buy each weapon to use it in the game. I can seriously see Epic destroying the franchise like that.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Remake 2004 with the samaritan demo visuals and we'll be just peachy, Epic :)

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

wis3boi

Agreed! UT 2004 kicked so much ass. I just recently reinstalled UT3 just to give it another try, and I gotta say, it's definitely fun, but, like others have stated, the slower movement, lack of high jumps and wall bouncing makes it feel like a totally different game. Also, I had completely forgot what pissed me off most of UT3 when I first got it. After picking up my pre-ordered copy, I drove home frantically, barely able to stand the wait until I could start up an instagib match on a new graphically-enhanced version of the best UT map ever. Morpheus. Alas... no morpheus. I seriously thought about seeing if gamestop would take a return.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

the_bi99man

Agreed! UT 2004 kicked so much ass. I just recently reinstalled UT3 just to give it another try, and I gotta say, it's definitely fun, but, like others have stated, the slower movement, lack of high jumps and wall bouncing makes it feel like a totally different game. Also, I had completely forgot what pissed me off most of UT3 when I first got it. After picking up my pre-ordered copy, I drove home frantically, barely able to stand the wait until I could start up an instagib match on a new graphically-enhanced version of the best UT map ever. Morpheus. Alas... no morpheus. I seriously thought about seeing if gamestop would take a return.

How is instagib even remotely fun...? It's just totally mindless. And no I don't suck at it, I have NEVER lost a game of instagib in quake live.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

Never saw any bugs in it :S
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

JigglyWiggly_

How is instagib even remotely fun...? It's just totally mindless. And no I don't suck at it, I have NEVER lost a game of instagib in quake live.

I like the fast pace sometimes. I play the hell out of some regular UT2004, but sometimes I just really like the carnage of having 20 or so bots in a relatively small map, with quad jump, extra low gravity, air control, and zoom instagib. Anyway, the real point was that Morpheus was my favorite UT map, and UT3 didn't get an upgraded version of it, as it totally should have.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Why was the UT3 so under appreciated? V4LENT1NE

Never saw any bugs in it :S

Yeah, I gotta also say, for whatever faults it does have, I haven't encountered a single bug of any kind in UT3. A pretty much flawlessly polished game.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

My guess is that Epic is making a F2P Unreal Tounry game right now.

mr_chalupa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mr_chalupa
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts
I never found any bugs on it... and if I indeed did, it wasnt game changer, since i would totally recall. I remember that i bought 2 copies of that game and gave 1 to my bro... I shouldn't have since he didnt actually used it =(, we did coop the whole game and that was about it. Im guessing im going to install that again.
Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

I wonder how long it will actually remain "PC exclusive"...6 months?

Some market analyst will convince Epic of all the "possible profits" from putting it on consoles. They will then start "co-developing" it for the consoles. They will then realize this is impossible because you HAVE to design around the weakest link (consoles). They will finally just admit they are primarily designing it for consoles and then port it to PC in which a repeat of UT3 will occur. Sales will be poor as PC gamers refused to eat up a crappy console port in massive quantities, leading Epic to swear of PC gamers forever...

I wish I was joking, but look at Id and Crytek.

/cry

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#29 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts
It's probably a f2p fps.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
It's probably a f2p fps.murekkep
:lol: I could actually see that happening, with the recent market trends.
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I'd prefer a remake of the original Unreal. It would look wicked sick on their latest engine.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

I like the fast pace sometimes. I play the hell out of some regular UT2004, but sometimes I just really like the carnage of having 20 or so bots in a relatively small map, with quad jump, extra low gravity, air control, and zoom instagib. Anyway, the real point was that Morpheus was my favorite UT map, and UT3 didn't get an upgraded version of it, as it totally should have.

also here is why i said i don't lose instagib, random clip(I never play instagib stuff) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IonGsdXVtY

unless maybe I played with yz50http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93m0SiDVSE

but I have played CA with him, I didn let him out rail me, but that was a while ago. All he does now is go sit in a duel server just practicing with his friend for hrs.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

I think the game was just to slow. It had some awesome ideas; for example the slow mo cube thing and some of the maps were alright size wise. However some where too big for the weapons. What I mean is that for example in deck the rocket launcher is way to slow and at long distances the shock rifle is a nightmare to defend against. The characters felt like they were 4ft tall with lead shoes. It was cool in some parts but the movement was way to slow and tbh I would like to see the game add a sprint function perhaps and sliding. Maybe a slight mirrors edge about it in places, although for the juggernaughts that might look a bit stupid :P. However Id love to see spieces perks like unreal championship. Just to give some meaning for choosing a different character.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

Wasdie

I find that to be a huge possibility. I could see epic doing the same exact thing id did with quake live.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
As long as they drop the absolutely ridiculous story mode from UT3, then I'm down. UT3 was actually pretty fun despite the haters.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Why was the UT3 so under appreciated? Kh1ndjal
it felt... odd. it was supposed to be a throwback to ut99 while still retaining its core, but it never resonated with the old ut'ers. i only ever played ut2004 and i didn't like ut3 as much as i hoped i would. the list of things wrong with it is long, the things that come to mind include having to log into the game, unhelpful server browser, and personally, the removal of wall-dodging and the ridiculously small jumps (which imo destroyed the z-axis gameplay)

I was a hardcore UT99 player back in the day, and I felt tha UT3 was almost perfect. It felt much more "unreal" to me than UT2003 or 04.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Knowing the industry these days I wouldn't be surprised if UT4 turns out to be F2P and requires you to buy each weapon to use it in the game. I can seriously see Epic destroying the franchise like that.gameguy6700
I have been thinking/hoping that actually. I enjoy the hell out of Tribes: Ascend.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

Wasdie

How would a game like UT or Quake even work with a F2P model? (quake live works because it was cheap to create).

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

How would a game like UT or Quake even work with a F2P model? (quake live works because it was cheap to create).

Nobody said anything about Epic making an expensive game and they're also known to make the worst and most random decisions among the "still in business" developers, the only thing keeping them alive is their licensing fees for UEs, in terms of development and design decisions they're terrible if not the worst.