Ubi rubbishes DRM crack reports

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

"You have probably seen rumors on the web that Assassin's Creed II and Silent Hunter 5 have been cracked," it said in reference to the earlier report of submarine sim Silent Hunter 5 having been cracked to work without being online constantly.

Ubi added: "Please know that this rumor is false and while a pirated version may seem to be complete at start up, any gamer who downloads and plays a cracked version will find that their version is not complete."

Source

chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

Ubi added: "Please know that this rumor is false and while a pirated version may seem to be complete at start up, any gamer who downloads and plays a cracked version will find that their version is not complete."

pirates play for free...they won't even care if the version they downloaded is complete or not. why won't Ubi admit that they failed miersably?

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Yeah, because you know, Ubisoft wouldn't possibly be doing any damage control or PR fluff to downplay everything. Even if they had some safeguard measures in case someone tried cracking the game, do you really think the hackers won't fix that too? Remember the Batman: AA issue? Well crackers fixed that too.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Behind all that rubbish talk, I bet they're face palming themselves over the embarassment and shown up they've gotten.

It's a joke if they're going to use this DLC forever.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
I guess this all depends how "complete" the pirated version is...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Yeah, because you know, Ubisoft wouldn't possibly be doing any damage control or PR fluff to downplay everything. Even if they had some safeguard measures in case someone tried cracking the game, do you really think the hackers won't fix that too? Remember the Batman: AA issue? Well crackers fixed that too.zomglolcats

^^ What he said, "its not complete" How it is not complete ubisoft? Copy protection bugs? They will be fixed by hackers. Patches? Hacked patches will come out, it has happen with many games. No dlc? I thought they pay full price for the dlc included not downloaded afterwards. But name one pirated game that the dlc has not being pirated. How is it not complete? Explain me? No dlc? it is till complete. Levels missing? Or the game crashing? It will be fixed when the "complete release" is out.

Seriously, how exactly it is not complete and how exactly cannot be completed? As far as i know the pirated version is the same as the actual game since its the exact same data. The only diffirence is the authentication methods which are keep on getting fooled since the dawn of time.

Unless the "pirated version" Is something like the well known batman AA version pirated version which was put on the internet by the developers themselfs. Which remind me that something similar happen with the first assasin's creed and both issues in both versions were fixed. Sorry ubisoft but you failed misserbly.Once again pirates get the "better" version and the complete one. But seriously what they mean "it is not complete" I would prefer a 40 bucks assasin creed without the dlc which would be "not complete" rather a "full" :roll: version that will include the dlc with online saving drm system and 60 bucks price. I would prefer the "limited" edition. Thats why i am gonna buy the ps3 version. Nobody buy this game on pc, boycott it.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Of course it's not complete, it doesn't have the rubbish DRM:lol:

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Ubisoft, you fail epically and get owned. Learn from your mistakes, don't try to do things nobody wants, and even worse, don't try to justify your failures.

Also, in before "OMG PIRATES R RUINING US".

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Renevent42
They are...if there were no pirates there would be no DRM like this...fact. Don't be pissed with Ubisoft, be pissed at all the cheap jerks ripping them off. Eh whatever, that's probably you anyways even if you don't admit it. It's probably 90% of the people who post on these boards in reality if piracy rates say anything about the percent of gamers who pirate.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dakan45

Baranga
Lol epic post!!
Phrozen621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phrozen621
Member since 2010 • 51 Posts

What a waste of money...

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
I bet they are refering to the patches.... which SHV is going to need badly from what I've read. One of the major problems is that the crew morale gets reset to zero when you save and later reload, at sea. Which then causes you to run up on destroyers with no warning due to your crew not doing their job, killing you outright.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zomglolcats
They are...if there were no pirates there would be no DRM like this...fact. Don't be pissed with Ubisoft, be pissed at all the cheap jerks ripping them off. Eh whatever, that's probably you anyways even if you don't admit it. It's probably 90% of the people who post on these boards in reality if piracy rates say anything about the percent of gamers who pirate.Renevent42
It's a circular effect now. Piracy caused DRM. But now DRM causes more piracy. Piracy will never go away, that will remain a constant. Unless you pull the plug on the internet. But then someone would sell bootlegs out of their van. As I see it, there is absolutely nothing a developer/publisher can do to stop hard core piracy. They only need to make it difficult for the casual copiers. In other words, disc checks, even a one time online activation. But anything really beyond that is pushing it. The fact of the matter is, if someone really wants to pirate the game, they will always find a way. Devs just need to focus on minimal DRM to keep honest people honest. And offer more incentives to actually own the real copy.
not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

Baranga

lol True.:P

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Renevent42
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]They are...if there were no pirates there would be no DRM like this...fact. Don't be pissed with Ubisoft, be pissed at all the cheap jerks ripping them off. Eh whatever, that's probably you anyways even if you don't admit it. It's probably 90% of the people who post on these boards in reality if piracy rates say anything about the percent of gamers who pirate.zomglolcats
It's a circular effect now. Piracy caused DRM. But now DRM causes more piracy. Piracy will never go away, that will remain a constant. Unless you pull the plug on the internet. But then someone would sell bootlegs out of their van. As I see it, there is absolutely nothing a developer/publisher can do to stop hard core piracy. They only need to make it difficult for the casual copiers. In other words, disc checks, even a one time online activation. But anything really beyond that is pushing it. The fact of the matter is, if someone really wants to pirate the game, they will always find a way. Devs just need to focus on minimal DRM to keep honest people honest. And offer more incentives to actually own the real copy.

I don't really buy that...games with no DRM get pirated at astronomical rates as well. The reason why people pirate is has remained constant since it first starting happening: Free > $$$ And that's the bottom line, it's been going on forever the real difference between today and 20 years ago is how easy it is to pirate a game these days. Torrents and broadband has turned something that once was primarily something done between a group of friends into a copy getting leaked and a group distributing it to a "million of their closest friends"
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zomglolcats
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="Renevent42"]They are...if there were no pirates there would be no DRM like this...fact. Don't be pissed with Ubisoft, be pissed at all the cheap jerks ripping them off. Eh whatever, that's probably you anyways even if you don't admit it. It's probably 90% of the people who post on these boards in reality if piracy rates say anything about the percent of gamers who pirate.Renevent42

I don't really buy that...games with no DRM get pirated at astronomical rates as well. The reason why people pirate is has remained constant since it first starting happening: Free > $$$ And that's the bottom line, it's been going on forever the real difference between today and 20 years ago is how easy it is to pirate a game these days. Torrents and broadband has turned something that once was primarily something done between a group of friends into a copy getting leaked and a group distributing it to a "million of their closest friends"

You're missing the point though. Yes, games with no DRM get pirated. But how far do you go to try and prevent something from happening that will happen regardless? Look at what they are doing at Ubisoft. It's gotten to the point where they are punishing the consumers for buying their products, and the kicker? It's not even going to stop what it was designed to stop in the first place. It's going to be pirated regardless, so why shackle it with ridiculous DRM that is going to drive away customers?
Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

By incomplete they actually meant unplayable except launching it right now. They are talking about the present. Of course it is going to be cracked eventually, nobody expects it to end piracy immediately but right now you can't play it unless you buy it. Beleive it or not, this brings a lot of sales because the initial sales are the biggest part of the total sale figures of games. Consider the inpatient nature of the gamers, you can understand that they are actually achiving their goal.

This sheer hate that is flowing towards Ubi is a bit undeserved I think. In essence, they are a firm trying to protect their business. Yes the actual paying gamers are paying the price of this by having a crappy DRM and you may call this being selfish. Yet you blame them, insult them because they try to protect their work and this somehow interferes with your game experience. How are you any different?

This DRM is rubbish. I would never buy a game with a DRM like that. But ffs, be logical, use your commonsense, they are not just some ass*** trying to mess their rep and **** their customers. They are not the "bad guy" you are looking for. Also DRM do not increase piracy rates and no DRM do not decreace it. AC 1 had no DRM and it was pirated to hell, even before the actual release. What would you expect them to do.

Think before posting people. Oh well...this is internet.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Renevent42
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="zomglolcats"] It's a circular effect now. Piracy caused DRM. But now DRM causes more piracy. Piracy will never go away, that will remain a constant. Unless you pull the plug on the internet. But then someone would sell bootlegs out of their van. As I see it, there is absolutely nothing a developer/publisher can do to stop hard core piracy. They only need to make it difficult for the casual copiers. In other words, disc checks, even a one time online activation. But anything really beyond that is pushing it. The fact of the matter is, if someone really wants to pirate the game, they will always find a way. Devs just need to focus on minimal DRM to keep honest people honest. And offer more incentives to actually own the real copy.

You're missing the point though. Yes, games with no DRM get pirated. But how far do you go to try and prevent something from happening that will happen regardless? Look at what they are doing at Ubisoft. It's gotten to the point where they are punishing the consumers for buying their products, and the kicker? It's not even going to stop what it was designed to stop in the first place. It's going to be pirated regardless, so why shackle it with ridiculous DRM that is going to drive away customers?

I'm not missing the point...you suggested it's a cyclical thing due to drm...and in my humble opinion it's not. The reason the vast majority of people pirate is self evident. Now, to your point that what Ubisoft is misdirected and possibly even more damaging to the consumer and possibly them...yeah...I'd agree with you there. But from their perspective I don't blame them really. There's 100 way to attempt to tackle the issue...and in my opinion trying to be more competitive and offer the consumer is probably the best route...at least that's my perspective as a consumer. However, what do you expect these companies to do? Roll over? Wave the white flag? They are simply trying to fight the good fight, however misdirected it may be from our perspective. But I would hold out on totally demonizing them (like I see on these forums so often)...it's not our millions on the line, is it?
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zomglolcats

By incomplete they actually meant unplayable except launching it right now. They are talking about the present. Of course it is going to be cracked eventually, nobody expects it to end piracy immediately but right now you can't play it unless you buy it. Beleive it or not, this brings a lot of sales because the initial sales are the biggest part of the total sale figures of games. Consider the inpatient nature of the gamers, you can understand that they are actually achiving their goal.

This sheer hate that is flowing towards Ubi is a bit undeserved I think. In essence, they are a firm trying to protect their business. Yes the actual paying gamers are paying the price of this by having a crappy DRM and you may call this being selfish. Yet you blame them, insult them because they try to protect their work and this somehow interferes with your game experience. How are you any different?

This DRM is rubbish. I would never buy a game with a DRM like that. But ffs, be logical, use your commonsense, they are not just some ass*** trying to mess their rep and **** their customers. They are not the "bad guy" you are looking for. Also DRM do not increase piracy rates and no DRM do not decreace it. AC 1 had no DRM and it was pirated to hell, even before the actual release. What would you expect them to do.

Requem
Spore had one of the highest piracy rates. Was the DRM outrage partially to blame? I think at least partially, but there's no real way to measure that.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dakan45
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="Renevent42"]They are...if there were no pirates there would be no DRM like this...fact. Don't be pissed with Ubisoft, be pissed at all the cheap jerks ripping them off. Eh whatever, that's probably you anyways even if you don't admit it. It's probably 90% of the people who post on these boards in reality if piracy rates say anything about the percent of gamers who pirate.Renevent42

No drm, with drm... no diffirence for the pirates. They dont have to worry about drm, they disable it with the ways the crackers groups have provided and never have to worry about it. So the one who is annoyed is the buyer. I wouldnt say games with no copy protection are pirated more. It has to do with the game. So far we have seen that games are pirated by the release date no matter how tough the anti piracy methods are. So no, not having drm does not mean ="astronomical piracy rates" It purelly has to do with how many people want the game. Also what you would prefer to buy? A game with no copy protection like prince of persia or a 60 bucks drm fest like assasin creed 2?
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Renevent42
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="zomglolcats"] It's a circular effect now. Piracy caused DRM. But now DRM causes more piracy. Piracy will never go away, that will remain a constant. Unless you pull the plug on the internet. But then someone would sell bootlegs out of their van. As I see it, there is absolutely nothing a developer/publisher can do to stop hard core piracy. They only need to make it difficult for the casual copiers. In other words, disc checks, even a one time online activation. But anything really beyond that is pushing it. The fact of the matter is, if someone really wants to pirate the game, they will always find a way. Devs just need to focus on minimal DRM to keep honest people honest. And offer more incentives to actually own the real copy.

No drm, with drm... no diffirence for the pirates. They dont have to worry about drm, they disable it with the ways the crackers groups have provided and never have to worry about it. So the one who is annoyed is the buyer. I wouldnt say games with no copy protection are pirated more. It has to do with the game. So far we have seen that games are pirated by the release date no matter how tough the anti piracy methods are. So no, not having drm does not mean ="astronomical piracy rates" It purelly has to do with how many people want the game. Also what you would prefer to buy? A game with no copy protection like prince of persia or a 60 bucks drm fest like assasin creed 2?

"So no, not having drm does not mean ="astronomical piracy rates" It purelly has to do with how many people want the game." You totally misinterpreted my statement...
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zomglolcats

Well lets look at it this way. As more and more games get shipped with increasingly ridiculous DRM schemes, people who might not have otherwise thought about pirating might actually contemplate it. Of course, there's no way to extrapolate any real numbers from that, but it's a logical assumption. Me personally, I'm not buying the game, but I'm not going to pirate it either. So at the very least, they still lose sales.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Renevent42

Well lets look at it this way. As more and more games get shipped with increasingly ridiculous DRM schemes, people who might not have otherwise thought about pirating might actually contemplate it. Of course, there's no way to extrapolate any real numbers from that, but it's a logical assumption. Me personally, I'm not buying the game, but I'm not going to pirate it either.zomglolcats

It's logical, and in all certainty does happen. The issue is, to what effect? What percent of these moral objectors are actual customers for Ubisoft games in the first place? What percent of people would purchase the game had they not be able to get it for free?

Nobody knows these numbers, but I can assure you that's the line of thinking Ubisoft is working off of...they would not have invested all this money into DRM had there not at least been some confidence that *attempting* to stop piracy had some sort of pay-off in the end.

Misguided? Just wrong? I dunno, there's no actual numbers to really say...but one thing is for sure the bean counters at Ubisoft seem to believe so and if any of you think they are stupid people you seriously underestimate them.

Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

[QUOTE="Requem"]

zomglolcats

Spore had one of the highest piracy rates. Was the DRM outrage partially to blame? I think at least partially, but there's no real way to measure that.

Yes the DRM outrage is partially to blame in Spore's case. But Spore is an exception and it would be naive to think that even without DRM, the piracy rates would be significantly different.

This DRM scheme may shift some customers towards to piracy right. I for one, won't buy the game (at least until the DRM is removed and the price is lowered I have no rush) and won't pirate it.But as I said earlier, this DRM is to protect the initial sales and if the added profit from the increased initial sales is higher than the loss from the departed customers from the new DRM, it is fair business.

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
Of course it's not complete, it doesn't have the rubbish DRM:lol:Baranga
lol.....good post
MondeEdlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MondeEdlu
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts
[QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Renevent42"] I don't really buy that...games with no DRM get pirated at astronomical rates as well. The reason why people pirate is has remained constant since it first starting happening: Free > $$$ And that's the bottom line, it's been going on forever the real difference between today and 20 years ago is how easy it is to pirate a game these days. Torrents and broadband has turned something that once was primarily something done between a group of friends into a copy getting leaked and a group distributing it to a "million of their closest friends"

"So no, not having drm does not mean ="astronomical piracy rates" It purelly has to do with how many people want the game." You totally misinterpreted my statement...

Except you totally missed the point. your posts would make perfect sense if ubisofts drm actually worked, which they dont. So its not actually any harder for pirates to download it. Harder to crack? maybe, but that is irrelevant to the downloader as the cracker does all the work. So in actually if the number of lost sales (especially cancelled pre orders) due to DRM news are as ZERO as you seem to think, then ubisoft simply wasted all that money they used on drm instead of the game because the same number of people are going to pirate regardless (because their drm didnt work). If there ARE some lost sales then ubisoft not only wasted money on drm but they spent money to lose money. Did we once hear any developer news about pc version? maybe improvements? extras that come about with a 6 month delay. 99% of ubisofts press about the game is about drm which really suggests that this is where they take pride in, the new drm NOT the game and where they spent the majority of the pc's developing pudget.
L1D3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 L1D3N
Member since 2009 • 717 Posts

Ubi owned! End of story...

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Renevent42
[QUOTE="MondeEdlu"][QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="dakan45"] No drm, with drm... no diffirence for the pirates. They dont have to worry about drm, they disable it with the ways the crackers groups have provided and never have to worry about it. So the one who is annoyed is the buyer. I wouldnt say games with no copy protection are pirated more. It has to do with the game. So far we have seen that games are pirated by the release date no matter how tough the anti piracy methods are. So no, not having drm does not mean ="astronomical piracy rates" It purelly has to do with how many people want the game. Also what you would prefer to buy? A game with no copy protection like prince of persia or a 60 bucks drm fest like assasin creed 2?

Except you totally missed the point. your posts would make perfect sense if ubisofts drm actually worked, which they dont. So its not actually any harder for pirates to download it. Harder to crack? maybe, but that is irrelevant to the downloader as the cracker does all the work. So in actually if the number of lost sales (especially cancelled pre orders) due to DRM news are as ZERO as you seem to think, then ubisoft simply wasted all that money they used on drm instead of the game because the same number of people are going to pirate regardless (because their drm didnt work). If there ARE some lost sales then ubisoft not only wasted money on drm but they spent money to lose money. Did we once hear any developer news about pc version? maybe improvements? extras that come about with a 6 month delay. 99% of ubisofts press about the game is about drm which really suggests that this is where they take pride in, the new drm NOT the game and where they spent the majority of the pc's developing pudget.

In your own words, tell me what my point is...I am curious. Because neither one of you had made a point that was contextually in line with what I am saying.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

"So no, not having drm does not mean ="astronomical piracy rates" It purelly has to do with how many people want the game."You totally misinterpreted my statement...Renevent42
Not having drm means definetly one thing, more sales. Buyers hated drm from the very first use. Also its not like drm is making the game harder to pirate it. Crackers have disabled the protection and authentication. So all pirates do, is download and apply those hacks. Its not like they get a hard time to make the game work, that has been done already by the crackers.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I know someone who pirated it. Presumably the "incompleteness" is fixed in the patch, which was cracked ~20 minutes after the game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

I swear to God sometimes I think the entire game development and publication industry is run by children.

"Hey we cracked your game, nya nya nya"

"No you didn't! Shutup!"

"Yea we did!"

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

And Splinter Cell: Conviction will probably still have this crappy drm...

DigiTM73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DigiTM73
Member since 2009 • 801 Posts

Something made them panic. Steam release date was for the 10th march for AC2. Now it's out. Rare that a game comes out so early to what the release dat was meant to be. They obviously don't want to delay it to find it all over the torrents before release.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

OMG ....what a bunch of peopels :D

Dudes its simple :

A grocery seller(Ubisoft)--->sells his goods on 3 markets(PC,xbox360,PS3).Every market has 100 potential costumers.

On the xbox market the seller has 50 legit costumers and 50 are stealing from his shop.

On the PS3 the seller has 90 legit costumers and 10 are stealing from his shop.

On the PC market the seller has 10 legit costumers and 90 are stealing from his shop.

Now is obviously that he makes profit only on 2 markets...

He has only 2 options regarding the PC market: To hire some bodyguards and those bodyguards will make a full search on every person who leaves his store...Or to close his shop in the PC market.

But 5 out of the 10 legit costumers from the PC market revolted and said they will no longer buy his grocerys if he hires bodyguards to search them...

so even with those 10 legit costumers he is not making profit on the PC market...do you think the seller cares if he lose 5 of them?HE DOSENT MAKE ANY PROFIT TO BEGIN WITH!!!!So even if all those 100 potential costumers would turn in to thieves will make no difference...

You guys should pray and hope that Ubisoft will not close his shop on the pc market!!!

And one more thing...developers and publishers dosent owe us pc gamers nothing...if we like their games we buy it if not we dont buy, is that simple!

if you dont like the new DRM you can allways buy a console...If you own a pC that dosent mean the devs must make a game for the PC just coz you have a PC!!!

ITS THAT SIMPLE YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU DONT BUY IT!Ubisoft dosent owe me or any other pc gamer nothing!!!!Ubisoft can do whatever they want with their products/games!!!No one is forcing you to buy them!!!!Jesusssss.................

DaRockWilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaRockWilder
Member since 2002 • 5451 Posts

Dudes its simple :

A grocery seller(Ubisoft)--->sells his goods on 3 markets(PC,xbox360,PS3).Every market has 100 potential costumers.

On the xbox market the seller has 50 legit costumers and 50 are stealing from his shop.

On the PC market the seller has 10 legit costumers and 90 are stealing from his shop.

He has only 2 options regarding the PC market: To hire some bodyguards and those bodyguards will make a full search on every person who leaves his store...Or to close his shop in the PC market.

But 5 out of the 10 legit costumers from the PC market revolted and said they will no longer buy his grocerys if he hires bodyguards to search them...

so even with those 10 legit costumers he is not making profit on the PC market...do you think the seller cares if he lose 5 of them?HE DOSENT MAKE ANY PROFIT TO BEGIN WITH!!!!So even if all those 100 potential costumers would turn in to thieves will make no difference...

You guys should pray and hope that Ubisoft will not close his shop on the pc market!!!

And one more thing...developers and publishers dosent owe us pc gamers nothing...if we like their games we buy it if not we dont buy, is that simple!

if you dont like the new DRM you can allways buy a console...If you own a pC that dosent mean the devs must make a game for the PC just coz you have a PC!!!

ITS THAT SIMPLE YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU DONT BUY IT!Ubisoft dosent owe me or any other pc gamer nothing!!!!Ubisoft can do whatever they want with their products/games!!!No one is forcing you to buy them!!!!Jesusssss.................

rhazzy
I agree with that little "shop" thing you did, which is why us PC gamers have been getting pushed to the side a lot now.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

The shop analogy is wrong, because on the PC market the potential customers just pick up their fruits straight from a tree:P No physical goods are stolen from the grocery or from Ubisoft.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

In that case i will pray that they leave the PC market alltogether! They have not released anything good for PC and they only seem to want to screw their customers over anyway so.

If they do that i might go and become religious!

Pirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Pirson
Member since 2006 • 297 Posts

In that case i will pray that they leave the PC market alltogether! They have not released anything good for PC and they only seem to want to screw their customers over anyway so.

KalDurenik

How do they want to screw their customers over? You need to back up your statements.

I agree with the guy that made the grocery store comparison. All you people need to stop whining about DRM. If you spent thousands or millions or whatever it costs to make whatever game, you would want to protect it too. Maybe if there wasn't so much piracy Ubi wouldn't have to use DRM because they would actually have people buying the games and they'd be making an honest profit. Instead they have to see their sales numbers of x and then see that their game has been pirated and download y amount of times more than they sold.

They are just trying to protect their business, and nobody can blame them for that. If you want Ubi to stop putting DRM on their games then you should support them, and go out and buy the game. Cause if you buy the game instead of downloading it, the money goes into their pocket and the can sell more copies rather than having to worry about how many people will pirate the game.

Just my 2 cents.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KalDurenik

And also physical copy vs 0 and 1 its difrent things

Anyway in my opinion if i go out and buy a game that have been on consoles for 6 months for full price with DRM so heavy that if i droped it on the ground it would push eart out of its orbit around the sun... No sorry to much hassel for the price tag... Maybe if they droped the price to... 3$?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

KalDurenik

not to mention that, only if we are talking about 10% of their business ,the PC market still yields MILLIONS of dollars for them per year. No business is going to turn down millions of dollars

Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts

I love how Ubisoft left out the fact that MOST pirated games are actually incomplete to some extent or another, but they still work. When are game companies going to learn hackers don't just do it to play free games, they do it because it's a challenge, because they have something to prove to each other, because it's fun for them to make these companies look like retards.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#43 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

Dudes its simple :

rhazzy
Have to agree with this.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Dudes its simple :

rhazzy

Or they could stop being idiots, and just use Steam only. BOOM no pirates, and no DRM. win/win situation.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Renevent42
What? Are you under the impression steam only games don't get pirated? Not to mention, steam itself *is* DRM...
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KalDurenik

Steam was cracked eons ago =/ sure you cant play online but meh.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

Btw...just to inform you guys...the cracked version of the game Silent Hunter 5 is playable only till some point.

So Ubisoft was right when they said ""Please know that this rumor is false and while a pirated version may seem to be complete at start up, any gamer who downloads and plays a cracked version will find that their version is not complete.""

Apparently on the cracked version of the game the squad morale is reseting to 0every time and the ship will colide bla bla bla...in one word you cant get past the missions because you die every time no matter what you do.

As fo Assassins Creed 2 there are several cracks out there wich allows you to play only a couple of minutes...because with those cracks you cant get past Animus(screen is turning white) and you cant accept missions either for the same reason...further more everytime you exit the game ur saves are deleted so you have to manually back them up and restore them when you start the game again.

So ill say this is a big step forward regarding the new DRM from Ubi...if they cant stop piracy at least give them hell when they try to play a cracked game!

I think a lot of peoples would prefer to buy the game instead of playing a cracked version where you have to manually restore ur saved game files every time you want to play the game....AND IT SEEMS THAT THE GAME DIDNT GET CRACKED BEFORE RELEASE EITHER!!!So yes till now the new DRM is worth all the investment Ubi put in it.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Renevent42
Interesting, thanks for the update.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

here is an article on this form a site :http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/05/unsilent-hunter-ubidrm-not-cracked-after-all/#more-26477

In short : Not much info but some reports say drm has no been fully cracked while some say it has benn but more indications point to teh fact tyhat ub is correct.

On another not, I would say UBI has one best of the PC exclusive/focussed lineups this year

* Silent Hunter V

* Setllers VII (looks pretyy good from previews)

* Anno Venice

* RUSE

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
I would say the shop example is incorrect as there are way too many assumptions. Ho do we know if only that all 100 would have actually bought he game ? or the fact that PC may have larger install base than 360 or PS 3 etc Splinter Chao Theory was uncracked for 1.5 yrs (IIRC) and it never really made any waves in sales (if we go by NPD reports)