frogfrogfrogfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By frogfrogfrogfrog
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

So, I have been saving alot of money for the past year to get my pc. I have a xbox one (not S or X) that I have had for a long time. I don't play it that much and if I do I usually just hook my hard drive to my dads Xbox one S. I wan't to sell my xbox. But I don't think my parents will let me. Any help?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@frogfrogfrogfrog: Talk to your parents and explain to them your intentions. Show them that you have been saving up for a PC and that you want to sell your Xbox to help pay for the PC. Let them know that you can play the Microsoft exclusives on PC and it doesn't make sense to have an Xbox once you have a PC. Best to be honest and up front with them. They may even help you pay for the rest of the PC.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

Getta job.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

Unfortunately, the poster above me is correct. Getting a job is one of the only ways to make money in this world. No, it's not fair. If you aren't born rich, then working is one of the few legitimate ways to make money.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Do you already have a household computer?

If you do, type "sysinfo" into the search bar (if Windows) and let us know your specs.

If you're lucky, it's fairly capable already, might be as simple as dropping in a video card. That's how I got my start, just took the computer my folks bought and made it a little better. By the time it was obsolete I had a job and enough money to build my own (and building your own is totally the way to go).

@qx0d said:

Unfortunately, the poster above me is correct. Getting a job is one of the only ways to make money in this world. No, it's not fair. If you aren't born rich, then working is one of the few legitimate ways to make money.

Most people have jobs. Getting one is entirely fair.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I would suggest NOT buying a PC if you insist on sticking with so called AAA titles and are unwilling to expand your scope.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts
@tryit said:

I would suggest NOT buying a PC if you insist on sticking with so called AAA titles and are unwilling to expand your scope.

Great point! Console ports these days are extremely good, why would a person with an Xbox actually start playing them or any other games for that matter if the AAA-titles aren't good enough on Xbox?

To the TC I want you to ask yourself these questions:

1.What are your intentions on buying i PC?
2.What do you think will be "better" by playing on a PC?
3.Why are you not interested in playing the same games on Xbox?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@kriggy said:
@tryit said:

Great point! Console ports these days are extremely good, why would a person with an Xbox actually start playing them or any other games for that matter if the AAA-titles aren't good enough on Xbox?

To the TC I want you to ask yourself these questions:

1.What are your intentions on buying i PC?

2.What do you think will be "better" by playing on a PC?

3.Why are you not interested in playing the same games on Xbox?

I dont know enough about AAA titles or consoles to know what you are talking about.

I just know the selling point of a PC are the amazing indies like The Forest, Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster, Space Engineers etc for example. If those games have zero intrest to someone then they are wasting their time with PC.