Toshiba Satellite Laptop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unwashedflyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 unwashedflyer
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts

i know where i can buy a toshiba satellite notebook for only $90NZ. the processor is 233mhz but i can't remember much else about it except also windows 98 operating systemand version1.0 usb. i want to buy a laptop so i can capture my xbox 360 gameplay and upload it to this site. does windows movie maker run on windows 98 and do i need it to edit my xbox 360 footage? is version1.0 usb fine for a newexternal usb video capture device? does this laptop just not cut it to do such a thing?

kyalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kyalmon
Member since 2006 • 1057 Posts
Don't get it. If it's a $90 laptop, it's bound to be really old or broken.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

i know where i can buy a toshiba satellite notebook for only $90NZ. the processor is 233mhz but i can't remember much else about it except also windows 98 operating systemand version1.0 usb. i want to buy a laptop so i can capture my xbox 360 gameplay and upload it to this site. does windows movie maker run on windows 98 and do i need it to edit my xbox 360 footage? is version1.0 usb fine for a newexternal usb video capture device? does this laptop just not cut it to do such a thing?

unwashedflyer

This laptop would not be adequate for your needs. USB 1.0 is too slow and probably won't work with any modern USB capture device, 98's USB support is pretty weak and Movie Maker is not included if I remember correctly. I would recommend you identify a video capture device that suits your needs first, then use the requirements for that device to check the specs of any laptop you would like to purchase.

-Byshop

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
A netbook would be better suited for what you want to do. My phone has a faster CPU than that toshiba. From what I remember Windows 98 does not include Movie maker and most websites are not compatible with IE3 which is probably what that computer has. IE6 works with Windows 98 though
IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts
Wow how on earth did you find a working computer that old.
unwashedflyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 unwashedflyer
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts

Wow how on earth did you find a working computer that old.IvanElk

i didn't. it kind of found me. your answers to my questions was what i kind of suspected all along.

thank you.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts
I might get it if it actually works to be like "Hey look at me I got a antique computer." But for what you want it won't edit videos at all likely and running a capture card might be too much for that processor.