Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six or Assassin's Creed Syndicate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mats_hawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six or Assassin's Creed Syndicate? (14 votes)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate 43%
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 57%

Just bought myself a new nVidia graphics card. With the new card I get to choose one game. Either Rainbow Six or Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I don't know which game to choose. What game you think is the best and why? Why should I choose that one over the other one? In advance thanks!

• 
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Rainbow.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Totally different games, and one is SP while the other is MP.

No comparison possible.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58331 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

Totally different games, and one is SP while the other is MP.

No comparison possible.

I don't think he is asking for a comparison, just what we prefer. But I agree, totally, completely different games.

I have not played Rainbow 6 yet, but I am thoroughly enjoying Assassin's Creed right now. One of their better installments in the series, imo; the action is up there with Black Flag, and the story and feeling is up there with Assassin's Creed 2. The use of two main characters, twin siblings no less, is also very fun. Skills are a neat addition, but ultimately pointless as by a certain level you get access to all of them (with the exception of three character-exclusive skills).

To be completely honest, though, I really only play the Assassin's Creed games because I want to see where they are going with the story, and I love how they spin history and use it. They're good, sometimes great, games, but the base gameplay is tiresome at this point. Syndicate changes things up, what with giving you gangs to control, two playable characters, skills, and so forth, but 95% of the game plays just like all the others; main missions coupled with an almost-overwhelming amount of side activities that can't hold your attention like the main missions.

If you are burnt out on AC gameplay, maybe wait for Syndicate to drop in price; definitely pick it up, though, if you generally enjoy the games.

Still, all things considered, I would definitely recommend AC Syndicate. Like I said, haven't played R6 yet, but I don't think you'd be disappointed in either decision, as I hear R6 is a blast as well. But if you have not yet played an AC game, get Syndicate it will open you up to a highly-enjoyable and lengthy game series.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I would go with neither game. Go with the Tom Clancy collection on Steam that is way better than new garbage that has no single player.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside

@gcfreak898 said:

I would go with neither game. Go with the Tom Clancy collection on Steam that is way better than new garbage that has no single player.

Have you played Siege?

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gcfreak898

@FelipeInside: I haven't played Siege but, all the critics seem to complain about how the game has bugs and no single player.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@gcfreak898 said:

@FelipeInside: I haven't played Siege but, all the critics seem to complain about how the game has bugs and no single player.

The devs said from the start that this title was going to be strictly an online game so I don't know why people complain now.

As for bugs, none that big that deserve mentioning.

It's funny cause you haven't played the game but yet can still call it garbage.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gcfreak898

@FelipeInside: At 59.99 this game comes out to 65 dollars after tax. Yet it's okay for people to accept this non sense. It's not okay and guess what I'll enjoy my Tom Clancy collection that has single player and multiplayer. The developers won't listen until we stop buying garbage. If you buy it then you just said it's okay for them to do that. So, go ahead and buy it and become another sheep in the herd.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FelipeInside

@gcfreak898 said:

@FelipeInside: At 59.99 this game comes out to 65 dollars after tax. Yet it's okay for people to accept this non sense. It's not okay and guess what I'll enjoy my Tom Clancy collection that has single player and multiplayer. The developers won't listen until we stop buying garbage. If you buy it then you just said it's okay for them to do that. So, go ahead and buy it and become another sheep in the herd.

1) I haven't bought it

2) you can't call a game garbage if you haven't even played it

3) there are lots of games out there that are MP only at full price

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@gcfreak898 said:

yea Siege is not garbage. it has a good amount of content as is and more is coming for free, including maps, which is something that should be supported in a big-budget FPS game. There is also a standing 33% discount on GMG for the game, $40 is a very fair price for what you get here.

It has a few bugs but nothing out of the ordinary for any new game. The only thing that is garbage here is your poorly informed posting

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FelipeInside

@with_teeth26 said:

yea Siege is not garbage. it has a good amount of content as is and more is coming for free, including maps, which is something that should be supported in a big-budget FPS game. There is also a standing 33% discount on GMG for the game, $40 is a very fair price for what you get here.

It has a few bugs but nothing out of the ordinary for any new game. The only thing that is garbage here is your poorly informed posting

It's nice to hear that it's getting good feedback.

I enjoyed the beta but I already have Blops3 and Battlefront so I don't know if I even have the time for another shooter.

BUT, I would probably buy it just to support the free DLC (which ALL AAA games should do)

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Siege is awesome. Get it if you like competitive MP.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

If you want single player get AC, if you want multiplayer get Seige. I hear that Seige is pretty good.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Rainbow Six seems like it's gonna have the same fate as Star Wars - getting old fast. After 3 rounds of the beta I already started to feel a lot repetition. I'd go with Asscreed out of those.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@saintsatan said:

Rainbow Six seems like it's gonna have the same fate as Star Wars - getting old fast. After 3 rounds of the beta I already started to feel a lot repetition. I'd go with Asscreed out of those.

eh I dont think so, the game has been in the top sellers on steam since launch (fighting with Fallout 4 for the top spot) and I'm guessing most people are buying it elsewhere because its cheaper. Imo its the first legitimately good and fresh FPS to come out in a good while, maybe since L4D2 in the sphere of big-budget games.

I also think these tactical type games tend to develop more dedicated playerbases who stick around for longer. The free DLC will also help keep it going and prevent dividing the community.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gcfreak898

@FelipeInside: stop defending these worthless developers. The critics don't lie and I'm not buying it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

@gcfreak898:

@gcfreak898 said:

@FelipeInside: stop defending these worthless developers. The critics don't lie and I'm not buying it.

I'm not defending anyone, but if you read all the comments the game seems to be doing very well. (it also has free DLC which is something that should be encouraged).

Again, you haven't played the game. You are not buying the game therefore you can't call the game garbage or the developers worthless since you have no experience playing the game.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

acs

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gcfreak898

@FelipeInside: The developer released a half baked game which is the current standard in gaming. Yeah, I haven't played it but I'm entitled to my opinion.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Rainbow Six Siege, no question.

@gcfreak898 but your opinion holds no credibility.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FelipeInside

@gcfreak898 said:

@FelipeInside: The developer released a half baked game which is the current standard in gaming. Yeah, I haven't played it but I'm entitled to my opinion.

You're entitled to an opinion of course, but you can't comment on a product you haven't used.

It's like me saying "that car is crap to drive in" when I have never driven the car.

The game isn't half baked either. Two of my friends have it and by what I've seen and what general consensus is the game works fine and it's a blast to play (I played the beta). Just because the game didn't include SP doesn't mean it's half baked. A developer can choose to create a SP/MP game, or just a SP or just a MP game.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@gcfreak898 said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but seeing as you haven't played it, your uninformed opinion holds no weight.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gcfreak898

@Nick3306: Boy you keyboard warriors ain't got nothing better to do. Game sucks in my opinion get over it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FelipeInside

@gcfreak898 said:

@Nick3306: Boy you keyboard warriors ain't got nothing better to do. Game sucks in my opinion get over it.

No warrior here, just that you can't judge a product unless you've had some experience with it. Simple.

It's obvious you're basing your "opinion" on that fact that the game doesn't have SP, not on the pros and cons of it's gameplay.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nick3306

@gcfreak898 said:

Lol ok buddy, whatever makes you feel better.

On an on-topic note, I have yet to play the game but my friends say its pretty good. The only complaint is the price but I might be pulling the trigger on a 970 and would grab the game with that. I'm a sucker for tactical shooters (insurgency, Americas Army PG... ect)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@Nick3306 said:

The only complaint is the price

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay

Remember, the DLC is free on this one. (maps)

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nick3306

@FelipeInside said:
@Nick3306 said:

The only complaint is the price

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay

Remember, the DLC is free on this one. (maps)

Thanks ill keep that in mind if I decide against the 970

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

They are very different games so it kind of depends on what you're looking for. I have both and honestly I'm having a better time with Rainbow Six. But if I could, I would recommend both.