Titanfall Review incoming...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

First one comes from Games Radar...

http://www.gamesradar.com/titanfall-review/

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BSC14

Gamespots catbox one review...pc ones not up yet...maybe one in the same?

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/titanfall-review/1900-6415690/

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Yeah a 9/10 from a brain dead AI, wow good to see they didn't changed that, or else my 60$ were spent for nothing

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

Game sucks, hate it, meh, bargain bin, hate everyone, please die, etc.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BSC14

@attirex said:

Game sucks, hate it, meh, bargain bin, hate everyone, please die, etc.

Positive attitude...I like that in a poster.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

Looks alright (beta was decent) but I'm not going to pay $60 for it (i'll wait for a sale).

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Welcome to Paidspot. Do we need another Gerstmanngate for people to remember how the gaming journalism industry works?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeryGo  Moderator

@KHAndAnime said:

Welcome to Paidspot. Do we need another Gerstmanngate for people to remember how the gaming journalism industry works?

It's funny because we're using their site and toally ignoring their review.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BSC14

@KHAndAnime said:

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the large majority of the wannabe, think they work for CNN, social issue pushing "journalist" on this site but I think your accusation it absolutely ridiculous.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BSC14
@KHAndAnime said:

Also the average out of 26 reviews is 87% so yeah 90 is about the average.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the large majority of the wannabe, think they work for CNN, social issue pushing "journalist" on this site but I think your accusation it absolutely ridiculous.

Or maybe not everyone is as pessimistic with games as most posters on this forum (especially with EA games).

Like it or not Titanfall is fun and tries a few new things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Yeah a 9/10 from a brain dead AI, wow good to see they didn't changed that, or else my 60$ were spent for nothing

/facepalm.... the a.i is MEANT to be brain dead, they are not player replacements....

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#13 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Or maybe not everyone is as pessimistic with games as most posters on this forum (especially with EA games).

Like it or not Titanfall is fun and tries a few new things.

Oddly enough, this PC forum put Thief's 6/10 review on a pedestal, regardless of the amount of advertising that game got.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GeryGo  Moderator

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

/facepalm.... the a.i is MEANT to be brain dead, they are not player replacements....

Well good for them, unless it's sort of Tower Defence game I honestly don't think they should be brain dead.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Well good for them, unless it's sort of Tower Defence game I honestly don't think they should be brain dead.

They are meant to keep the action going and the blood pumping, not give you a challenge to kill (also to rank up points for a Titan). It's a nice feature since not everyone is the best player so for those that aren't that good, they still feel like they are helping in the war.

GameTrailers Review: http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/0p2e8v/titanfall-review

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

They are meant to keep the action going and the blood pumping, not give you a challenge to kill (also to rank up points for a Titan). It's a nice feature since not everyone is the best player so for those that aren't that good, they still feel like they are helping in the war.

GameTrailers Review: http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/0p2e8v/titanfall-review

Sorry for being pro FPS gamer, I guess I'll stick to old fashion competitive ones like Halo, FEAR Combat and CS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Sorry for being pro FPS gamer, I guess I'll stick to old fashion competitive ones like Halo, FEAR Combat and CS.

1) You are not. get over yourself.

2) Again, you cant seem to grasp the concept that they are not player replacements and therefore think they take away from the skill.

tower defense? what crap am I reading here...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

It's got nothing to do with PRO FPS gamer or whatever, the bots are just there to keep the action going (look at the review I posted and it explains it there).

I believe the games you mentioned had bots to play with as well?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

It's got nothing to do with PRO FPS gamer or whatever, the bots are just there to keep the action going (look at the review I posted and it explains it there).

No, there're no bots to play there as well, and if you do want CS Source or GO bots to compare with, there's no real challenge to even start comparing. (bots on hardest difficulty on CS will snipe you ASAP and will test your instincts real good)

I don't see any excuse for BOTS are there to keep the action going, have you ever played Battlefield with 64 players? ever tried Planetside 2?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

CS.

No, there're no bots to play there as well, and if you do want CS Source or GO bots to compare with, there's no real challenge to even start comparing. (bots on hardest difficulty on CS will snipe you ASAP and will test your instincts real good)

I don't see any excuse for BOTS are there to keep the action going, have you ever played Battlefield with 64 players? ever tried Planetside 2?

Both BF4 and Planetside 2 are different games. They have huge maps to accommodate 64 players + lots of different vehicles to use.

Titanfall has small to medium sized maps (aka COD style). The bots are there to rank up quick points for Titans, and to keep the action (war) going in less populated areas.

Now you will say something like "why didn't they just have 12v12 players"... well, cause it already gets too busy with 4 or 5 Titans running around, 24 Titans would just be a clusterf***.

If you don't understand why the bots are there or want to compare it to something else, that's fine... but if you played the game you would realize why they are there.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@KHAndAnime said:

It's funny because we're using their site and toally ignoring their review.

I never look at anything on Gamespot other than this forum and, honestly, after the so-called upgrade, I don't even come here that much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

again, wanting these soldiers to be challenging takes away from the player vs player aspect. you cant compare to BF4 BECAUSE I SAY IT AGAIN THEY ARE NOT PLAYER REPLACEMENTS. get it into your head already.

ever played a MoBA? its more like that.... although not entirely.

and guess what "pro fps player" ... MOBA's are far more competitive... and are riddled with bots.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Stop enjoying things!

I can understand why people don't like it, but the way people are going way out of their way to bash it is just getting sad.

Nowadays if a game gets a good score, it's always assumed it was paid off. Why even look at the reviews if you truly think they're that corrupt?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cwagmire21 said:

Stop enjoying things!

I can understand why people don't like it, but the way people are going way out of their way to bash it is just getting sad.

Nowadays if a game gets a good score, it's always assumed it was paid off. Why even look at the reviews if you truly think they're that corrupt?

Ignore KHAnime... hes just butthurt because his precious DayZ dev did what everyone was thinking and decided the project was trash and it reflects in overall "alpha reviews" of the game.... so hes finding any excuse.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I am all in I will be enjoying it tomorrow!

Just have to beat South Park tonight........ I am so close atleast I feel I am, I am 9 hours in and just hit Canada.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GeryGo  Moderator

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

again, wanting these soldiers to be challenging takes away from the player vs player aspect. you cant compare to BF4 BECAUSE I SAY IT AGAIN THEY ARE NOT PLAYER REPLACEMENTS. get it into your head already.

ever played a MoBA? its more like that.... although not entirely.

and guess what "pro fps player" ... MOBA's are far more competitive... and are riddled with bots.

Don't teach me about MOBA games because I've played plenty times of LoL with my team and we dived into enemies bases and ignoring all towers and minions like they've never existed.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

@Arthas045 said:

I am all in I will be enjoying it tomorrow!

Just have to beat South Park tonight........ I am so close atleast I feel I am, I am 9 hours in and just hit Canada.

I think it's about 15 hours long.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Don't teach me about MOBA games because I've played plenty times of LoL with my team and we dived into enemies bases and ignoring all towers and minions like they've never existed.

Just a silly question but have you actually played Titanfall? Or you just "think" the idea of bots is stupid without trying it out?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

It's not as ridiculous as you might think. This site is run on advertising. It pays for everything. Gee whiz - I wonder if advertisers like to pay more money to sites that rate their games higher on average?... This is a business. And more than that - it's a wealthy industry. It's about making money. You think this site is perpetuated on passion? No, these are jobs and this is a business. They don't take games and reviewing credibility as seriously as we do - they're just fucking videogames. You think people really give that much of a shit when it involves their very well being? It depends entirely on the site, but it's safe to assume that some sites care less about integrity than others.

Not really all that far fetched if you put any thought into it. Having said that, I'm being tongue in cheek and not actually accusing this review of being paid. I just don't take any believe there is any credibility in any of the reviews made on this site since the last 5 years or so.

And honestly, I'm sure this game is great for the crowd it appeals to, but as said I don't take reviews too seriously. Maybe the ones that don't have numbers or scores attached to them I take a little more seriously. It's not a conspiracy. Reviewers aren't greased individually, but it's done on much higher level (management) - which is what caused Jeff to get fired. it's just how the industry works, journalism doesn't pay for itself does it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

after playing good scifi shooters like UT2K4, BF2142 and Crysis Powerstruggle (technically busted, but awesome concept) aeons ago, this game simply seems shallow as hell. way too CoD-esque. looks better than just plain CoD, to be honest, but still... not my cup of tea.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Just a silly question but have you actually played Titanfall? Or you just "think" the idea of bots is stupid without trying it out?

Really? you think that I actually have to play to realize it? "keep the action going", this is how I saw a live stream: shoots one bot - kills it, none of the group of bots have even concidered looking at the guy that shoots, OK - second bot was the same and so the third one... do I really have to keep going with this? because I don't see how it supposed to keep the "ACTION" going...

You wanna see a good game that keeps the action going? One Finger Death Punch on Steam, all you do is click the right and left mouse buttons and you don't even control moving the character but still there's a lot of action going there.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Really? you think that I actually have to play to realize it? "keep the action going", this is how I saw a live stream: shoots one bot - kills it, none of the group of bots have even concidered looking at the guy that shoots, OK - second bot was the same and so the third one... do I really have to keep going with this? because I don't see how it supposed to keep the "ACTION" going...

You wanna see a good game that keeps the action going? One Finger Death Punch on Steam, all you do is click the right and left mouse buttons and you don't even control moving the character but still there's a lot of action going there.

Well I ask because I too thought bots was probably a bad idea, until I actually played the beta and realized that they are just there for extra points and to bring across the feel of a big war going on.

Again, for like the 5th time, you have described the bots as dumb as a complaint. Both @MBirdy88 and I have explained that they are meant to be dumb for specific reasons. They even capture points for you in Domination so you can move onto the next section.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Oh so you watched some video footage. was the person stealthed? if so they can't see you to react... and if you kill from behind they do turn around. so yea.... cherry picking little bits of footage, against someone how has played 100+ matches now? really?

You are the heroes... those are just mindless troops fodder, just like in MOBAs. again, stop trying to make out that they need to be difficult.... that would ruin the pace of the game... and would make bots... actually annoying.

think.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Journalistic integrity is non existent almost in the games industry. All of these so called journalism sites/magazines hype games for companies on a daily bases. No self respecting journalist would hype a product he is supposed to be looking objectively at as a journalist. Modern journalism is a joke and video game journalism is the biggest joke of them all.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@MBirdy88 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Oh so you watched some video footage. was the person stealthed? if so they can't see you to react... and if you kill from behind they do turn around. so yea.... cherry picking little bits of footage, against someone how has played 100+ matches now? really?

You are the heroes... those are just mindless troops fodder, just like in MOBAs. again, stop trying to make out that they need to be difficult.... that would ruin the pace of the game... and would make bots... actually annoying.

think.

No -_- he wasn't stealthed, I know that's a feature in the game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Aye. The entire page was one big Titanfall advertisement for 12 days straight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

I don't even get your response on LoL (and lol at LoL anyway....).... some sort of badass because you grinded bots enough to ignore them late game?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Pretty much sums it up.

buccanner3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By buccanner3
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Finally 13 march! European premiere TITANFALL! hope, you've already got origin key.

goo.gl/MZzHWS]http://www.kinguin.net/category/3242/titanfall-ea-origin-key/[/url]